Help! Want to convert 1st floor coat closet into 1/2 bath- tough job?
esamenuk
July 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a design dilemma. Currently our 1/2 bath is tucked in a room behind the kitchen. Let me add that to get to the half bath (the only one on the 1st floor) you have to walk through the "laundry room." The laundry room really isn't a room and I also have no pantry. My idea is to have a proper laundry room where the 1/2 bath currently is, and add space for a walk in pantry. We have a large coat closet in our front hall closet that I think would be better utilized as a 1/2 bath. What do you think of this idea, and how expensive/tough/time consuming do you think it would be? We have plans to redo our basement next year - it currently has a drop ceiling that is in bad shape, so I have no problem running pluming, etc. if need be from basement. Thanks for advice!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
dalma darling
Sounds brilliant! Go for it - awkward bathrooms are annoying and I often wonder what builders were thinking. My initial thought (before I got to the end of your post) was about the plumbing. If you're set to redo the basement anyway and have access to move the plumbing then go for it! Definitely get a professional plumber or two out to give you some bids so you can see what the experts say, but if sounds like you have a great plan!
July 12, 2013 at 2:19pm