Now for the fun part! Accent color? Accents?
meghanpaige
Fun for most. A little overwhelming for me. Any ideas for accents to pull it together?
Stanton Designs-online design services
I would suggest a nice piece of art or a photo wall over your mirrored piece of furniture. Keep it simple so it doesn't over power your fireplace wall. Think about rotating your rug so it does not run on a angle, looks like some chair legs are under the rug and some aren't. A rug is a good tool to define an area of a room such as the seating area.
July 7, 2013 at 5:43pm     
inkwitch
Yellow. Or orange, but I'm leaning toward yellow. Nothing slap-you-in-the-face, but soft and bright. Perhaps subtle patterned draperies (looks like you need some privacy!) Soft yellow would go well with the aqua and appear very smart with the gray. I would have used a flat-weave rug with a geometric pattern and some yellow, and it looks like a large round rug might work better given the configuration. However, cattycorner rugs don't really work; see if you can square it up to the furniture. Predictable but works better visually.

Art. Buy what you love. You're going to stare at it a long time! Actually, given the glamous decor (gray on gray, mirror front cab), B/W photos -- large, in black frames with white matting -- would be perfect, and save the color for other accessories. Go for photos that aren't common, whatever appeals; there's thousands. Avoid family photos at all costs, unless they're really artsy. If you find something but aren't sure, take it home on trial basis to check out size, compatiblity.

You could use some tables. Something at the corner of loveseat and chairs, with a floor lamp, and another at the other end -- consider "drink tables" instead of a honking big coffee table. It keeps a small space looking less filled up, and small tables can be moved as needed. They also give you the option for variety. Think yellow or whtie "ceramic garden stool," antiqued turquoise metal fretwork wtih a stone top, .
July 7, 2013 at 6:14pm     
Now comes the fun part, the addition of colorful accents to really place your mark upon the style of your home. To help you along I have selected four items to show you.

First there is an orange and gray pillow which I chose because I think that orange will work exceedingly well with the beautiful pieces your have already gathered in your home. Another color I would like to see is blue, and thus the second pillow is blue. Blue and orange should co-star in your cast of accent colors because they really perform well together, particularly with the beautiful grays you have.

Between your pair of chairs you definitely need a table and I like to use round tables because usually everything else in a room has square corners. I particularly like the fourth item. You have glitz and glamour in the room and now this exotic but very textural and ethnic looking throw will bring another element to the room, bringing it down to earth a bit.

Don't forget that you need a lamp on your beautiful mirrored chest, and probably a floor lamp by the two chairs. Good lighting will allow your room to shine as it should, so don't skimp on lamps. A living room should have light and shadow, not overall even lighting.

The light on the mirrored chest will help show off the colorful artwork that you'll need to find for that location.

Orange Leopard Print Throw Pillow
Ombre Blue Pillow 20"
Sassy Chrome & Mirrored Accent Table
Pavo SF Ocean Stripe Orange Handwoven Wool Silk Throw
July 7, 2013 at 6:47pm     
bballgirl02
Add small nic nacs on the mirrored drawer or blocks that spell out something. Light blue with a little gray is a great accent color. You could add a design on your walls with that color.
July 7, 2013 at 7:25pm     
wkelser
You have a great start! The bones of the room are all there now. Finding clues for the accessories for you room can be done by looking at how you would accessorize an outfit that had the same colors. You have the bling (aka diamonds) value with the mirrors on the front of the drawer unit and over the fireplace now you can add the colors like you would with a fun necklace or scarf and bracelet, shoes and a bag... have fun with it! Draperies will add a hominess and softness to the windows. You would probably get great use from some beautiful lighting, and it might be nice to bring the stone element from the fireplace over to the chest of drawers or to the other side of the room with a stone(like) bust or sculpture. Remember to create visual cohesiveness by echoing elements and colors throughout the room. Carry color from the drapes into the artwork and pillows. Have the lighting either share a similar shade or shape so they look like they go together but are not too matchy-matchy. My walls in my living room look like they are similar to yours and I love, love, love how red and sage look in that room! (my color is SW Tony Taupe) We would love to see the progress as you go, and remember that stores have return policies for their accessories, so you can try things before you make a firm commitment.
July 7, 2013 at 7:58pm     
Help on decorating family room
Just bought a house and need help choosing tv stand!...
Need help with exterior paint colors roof and windows
Just bought this baby poo colored house and need ideas...
Recessing lighting placement on large covered patio
I have attached a diagram of how I think the lighting/fans...
Help with master bedroom style!
We are getting ready to paint our bedroom and need...
Help arranging furniture in living room
Hi, I can't decide what's the best furniture arrangement...