Please help with wall color and decor
trnorman
This is our new house, we move in three weeks, we are downsizing. I need help with wall color and layout of decor. The pictures you see is how the previous owners have decorated. I do not like the faux finish but I do like the color. I want a gray sofa and not sure what color curtains or chairs to pair it with. I would also like a book shelf from floor to ceiling. I am not looking for anything over the top fancy. Pleas help....
Thanks
trnorman
Forgot to add that I like the tan on the walls but the third picture is the green faux walls that I don't like.
0 Likes   July 8, 2013 at 7:22AM
bluenan
Wait to post until after the massive amount of clutter and furniture is removed and you've taken new pictures. Be more specific about your style and color preferences.
0 Likes   July 8, 2013 at 7:30AM
trnorman
Blue, thanks I will do that. I don't have a style just know what I like and don't like. The green faux is what I need help with. I like the tan that is currently in the house. I do have some of what I like in my idea books.
0 Likes   July 8, 2013 at 8:22AM
Of all I saw in your LR ideabook, this one appealed to me the most for your space. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? You can use an inspiration photo, or several of them, to pick and choose things you like and point out what you don't. You can add comments to your ideabook pix to give us some input on them.

1 Like   July 8, 2013 at 8:42AM
trnorman
I will make the notes on my Ideabooks, thanks
0 Likes   July 9, 2013 at 6:24AM
I think we have a winner! This is the one you said you "love, love, love," so the other things you noted can be added to it - gray and burnt umber for anchoring and accent.

0 Likes   July 10, 2013 at 6:24AM
Here are the colors that SW's Chipit program found in this room and suggested as accents. I think the Earl Gray or Rainwashed will work well for your walls. Perhaps the lighter one and then you could find a sofa in the darker gray shade.
1 Like   Thanked by trnorman    July 10, 2013 at 6:28AM
trnorman
OH My you are so wonderful. I am going shopping this weekend for paint colors, I can't wait. What did you think of the green already on the walls. They are faux currently but I was thinking of just making it solid or changing altogether.
0 Likes   July 11, 2013 at 8:03AM
trnorman
BTW- all of this furniture will be moved out. I will update when the room is empty. Anyone with Ideas on wall, curtain and décor colors please reply. I have also attached better pictures of the adjacent room. I am starting fresh with all new furniture (on a budget). Thanks
0 Likes   July 11, 2013 at 9:43AM
Please help with decorating this light filled room with a curved wall
So we recently bought this house..the pics have staged...
Please help with wall decor for large niche. Thanks!
I have no idea what to do with this space. I haven't...
Help decorating small room walls PLEASE !
I love the accent walls hear and I was thinking of...
How do you decide how tall the crown molding should be?
My new build will have a kitchen almost exactly like...
Need help/ideas for our back patio
We have a covered patio on the back of our house (facing...
Would you hire a designer with crazy colorful hair?
Hi there! So, this may be a strange one! I'm fresh...
Question about sealing Ipe Wood.
I have an Ipe Wood Fence and I would like to know what...
Two glass front kitchen cabinet doors or none? Costs??
I'm trying to decide whether to do two seeded glass...