Accent chair placement
bml1996
In the process of remodeling family room. I have this dead space corner area. I know easiest thing is to fill it was a tall plant but I found this beautiful Imperial Trellis chair and the color goes well with blue paint. But the corner space is to tight but I love the chair and it's only space I have for it. Thoughts of placement of chair....at angle or straight in or not at all??? Thanks
bml1996
This is the new flooring. Also, chair is Imperial Trellis Inspired I should say :) I have a brown overstuffed sofa opposite end of room but the chair looks tiny next to the big sofa.
July 8, 2013 at 10:25AM   
anne dee

pic
something like this would look better in the corner.
the chair is the wrong size for that space. An accident waiting to be tripped over :)
July 8, 2013 at 10:29AM     
bml1996
That's a good idea all I was thinking was a plant. Mmm I do love the chair though!! Lol maybe I can find somewhere else to put it at. Thanks again!!
July 8, 2013 at 10:37AM     
cwalbrun19
Other pics of the room would help...it's a great chair and, in my opinion, too large for that corner. Maybe there is a placemet you haven't come up with that someone here could suggest if you added photos of the room.
July 8, 2013 at 11:41AM     
Get a second matching chair and bring them into your seating group for best use of chair. Follow ann dee's idea for a corner shelf or display.
July 8, 2013 at 11:49AM     
anne dee
another alternative to the long wall corner space is to hang framed pictures as seen in the pic

July 8, 2013 at 11:56AM     
indianpatti
No, this chair does not fit in the corner. I'm sure you will find another spot for it!

I would hang photos as Anne Dee posted above.
July 8, 2013 at 12:11PM     
Genevieve
I like the chair but not the placement of it it reminds me of going to the corner for punishment or time out for now
days . Move it closer to the other furniture . For the corner a corner curio cabinet would be just what you need .

July 8, 2013 at 1:05PM     
bml1996
I do like the pic link that Anna Dean sent. I am doing something similar to a wall on opposite end of room. See pic. This is in my bedroom but I did it with black shelving/frames. For this new room I am doing all in white. So would this be to much pictures one set of frames on that empty corner plus the shelves like in this pic on opposite side of room?
July 8, 2013 at 1:14PM   
anne dee
personally I believe one arrangement is enough.
July 8, 2013 at 1:25PM     
icesk8r
The chair is too large. I would put it against the wall on the left and then use a corner display on the right.
July 8, 2013 at 3:45PM   
jagood
A chair should be placed in a spot in the room where someone would enjoy sitting down and spending some time there, except perhaps in bedrooms where a chair is placed for sitting on while putting on shoes, etc. or an entry way for the same purpose. I don't think anyone would want to spend time in the corner of the room, right in the traffic pathway. it's a lovely chair, though. I hope you find another spot for it.
July 8, 2013 at 4:16PM   
Dining room furniture placement w/ wallpaper accent.
I need help with figuring out where to put a wallpaper...
Help with accent tile placement for wetroom
We are using the gray tile (12x24) for the shower floor...
Furniture placement and accent wall colors.
I love old world, tuscany look, I don't have all the...
Furniture Placement and Accent Colors
Our family room poses a problem with the angled fireplace,...
What kind of couch would look good in this room?
I have tried to put 2 different couches in this room...
Maple medium color glazed kitchen cabinets in open floor paln
Remodeling one story 1959 ranch in Florida. Living...
Choosing paint color for year-round sunroom
Seeking suggestions for paint colors for a sunroom,...
Thoughts on new living room layout
I rearranged our furniture - I can't tell if it's too...
What should you know when you buy an old home?
There are special challenges when buying an older home....