Laundry in the kitchen?
John Daniel
I'm remodeling my kitchen/laundry room. In the corner of the kitchen there was a laundry room that had bifold doors that enclosed it from th kitchen. Now the walls and doors are gone and I'm considering integrating the washer and dryer into the kitchen. Thoughts?
For me, I like the washer/dryer hidden and preferably not in the kitchen. I'd rather not hear the humming of the washer/drying running. I would just put new doors at the opening to hide the "stuff". Appliances are not attractive. Yes, it is common in Europe to have the washer/drying in the kitchen, but no doubt of necessity, as opposed to good design.
July 8, 2013 at 9:23PM   
Genevieve
It can be done I remember this in Europe many years ago when the washer was in the kitchen near a balcony near the clotheslines it was practical to hang laundry outdoor then. It can be done here too the only thing is that I would miss my laundry tub but if you don't need one then its okay. One more thing is that you cannot have dirty clothe sitting in the kitchen ,those must be kept in the hamper in the bathroom.

here is a photo of an idea

July 8, 2013 at 9:27PM   
yvesun
You can purchase a two in one washer/dryer combo (I think LG had one) and place it in the kitchen. It's a very Europea thing to do.
July 8, 2013 at 9:30PM   
Yes, it's common to have the laundry integrated in the kitchen especially in Europe. Can you provide a proposed layout of this space?
July 8, 2013 at 10:00PM   
Waldron Designs
I did this in a kitchen several years ago, and the client loved it. It is a very functional option.
July 8, 2013 at 10:30PM   
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Need help choosing nightstands
I have an gorgeous full size antique oak bed in the...
How much space to allow around a freestanding tub?
I have a bathroom with the shower on the right and...
Please help with my lounge room
Hello! I'm needing some help with interior decorating,...
Please help with a door color!
What color is best for this Door? Black??? The shutters...