New Kitchen
Diane
I am buying a new house and I am undecided on Kitchen Cabinets. I don't want a wood that is here today and gone tomorrow. When I look at cabinets, I see a lot of the distressed cream color cabinets, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
0825sam
I think a white shaker cabinet is probably your safest bet for something timeless. While white kitchens are popular right now I wouldn't consider them to be trendy in a negative sense. On the other hand from what I've read on houzz I do think the antiqued/glazed Tuscan style kitchens are falling out of favor (not sure if that's what you mean when you describe the cream cabinets).
1 Like   Thanked by Diane    July 9, 2013 at 12:29PM
Not crazy about cream colored cabinets, not 5 years ago, not now, and not in the future.
1 Like   Thanked by Diane    July 9, 2013 at 4:06PM
For me the cream isn't the problem, it's the distressed. Personally, I think that is a passing fad. But I agree with sam0705 that a white or off-white Shaker cabinet is about as timeless as it gets. I also happen to think that Shaker cabinets in natural cherry, light maple, and darker woods like walnut (but not as dark as espresso, which I think is a fad too) are close to timeless too.
1 Like   Thanked by Diane    July 9, 2013 at 4:11PM
Dezign Studio Inc
There are various factors which should help you decide what cabinets you should go with. The size of your kitchen, floor,etc. Also do you prefer dark colors , light or combination such as dark cabinets in the main kitchen and light island or vice versa. Cafe or cherry stains if you like the wood look and if your kitchen is large, otherwise white or antique white , if your kitchen is small or dark with no windows. Do you have porcelain tiles or wood , or are you going to renovate completely. If you can describe your kitchen it will help get you get more advice.
1 Like   Thanked by Diane    July 9, 2013 at 4:33PM
Diane
Thank you everyone for your opinions, I really appreciate it. Attached is a picture of the kitchen in the sample home that I am buying.
0 Likes   July 9, 2013 at 4:50PM
Dezign Studio Inc
This kitchen looks airy ,spacious and has a traditional look, so may be maple or cherry wood , cafe finish and raised panel a similar to existing door style. I'm not sure you would want to change the layout, then would need pics of other angles of the kitchen.
1 Like   July 9, 2013 at 6:45PM
Diane
The picture that I attached is the sample home, the cabinets that the decorator used are beautiful, but I'm not sure that I want the same color cabinet. I was looking for opinions on cabinet selections, one of my choices is a beautiful graphite maple cabinet, but I'm afraid of it looking dated in a couple of years. I would like a rich timeless wood.
0 Likes   July 9, 2013 at 6:56PM
Dezign Studio Inc
Cafe finish will look great ! Style could be similar to what is there, may be with more or less detailing, as per your budget and preference.
1 Like   Thanked by Diane    July 9, 2013 at 11:02PM
Updated a 1980's kitchen with new colors plus new counters and applian
I updated my kitchen by changing the counters and back...
Laurie Martineau
New build kitchen.New build
This is a small U-shaped open concept kitchen. Will...
denjen
Buying a new to us house and it needs a new bathroom and kitchen
Buying a new to us house and it needs a new bathroom...
dajohnson7069
Need help! Am I outdated when designing new kitchen for new home?
We are building a new home. I have chosen gold color...
lindal26
Selecting new kitchen sink for new granite countertop?
I want an under the counter sink now.
cookie1940
Need advice on the entry and stairs walls
Please I need help! How can I decorate or paint the...
becky4444
Looking for sideboard with drop-down that I can bring out for a dining
Hi I'm looking for a table with drop-down sides that...
kathylovestosew
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
stryker
HELP FOR NEW SOFA COLOR PLEASE!!!!
CHANGING COLOR SCHEME- NO MORE RED! room is painted...
house2514