Color Advice Please
hazelruth
Need to repaint our house and don't have any idea what colors would look nice. I want to paint the front door a color like red but am unsure if that will be ok or not. Live in Tx - door area is shaded most of the time. I don't mind the brick color but want to be more in style. Thanks!! Oh, all the houses in our neighborhood are different styles and ages and I don't think that would play a part in decision.
oneofeleven
Your house looks like it's a lavender colour (on my screen), It might we a good idea to post some close up pictures of the brick with some natural light shining on it.
July 9, 2013 at 7:44pm   
hazelruth
You are so right - it does look purple and I took the picture when it got shady. Will redo them tomorrow. The colors are two shades of taupe. I'm also wondering if the trim should have some black in it? This is so hard! All this happened so fast and i'm selecting colors for all the rooms downstairs and need to paint all of the woodwork. House is 32 years old and I don't think any former owners ever painted it. Mold was found inside the walls in our master and it created a mess I've never seen before - parts of 5 walls were torn out and all of the shelves in the big bathroom. While we're getting that all repaired, we are painting most of the rest of it, too. It's a true money pit. Thanks for any help!
July 9, 2013 at 8:03pm   
Please help - need advice on wall color after refinishing cabinets
Just refinished my (dated) oak kitchen cabinets using...
Need advice on coloring of brick walls please!
I'm looking at a loft where the exposed brick is in...
kitchen colors advice, PLEASE
New construction, 9x9 kitchen, low cedar ceiling, light...
Need help with paint color!
I don't have an option to paint my kitchen cabinets....
Dining area needs some "wow!" factor
Well we just moved into this house and have BIG plans...
European Oak Flooring
Has anyone had any issues with European Oak flooring...
Which wood floor should I choose?
We are painting our den paneling Bleeker Beige by Ben...
I'm redoing my master bath. Should I REALLY have 2 sinks.
It's only me and I have not used the second sink in...