What color wood floors go with mahogany furniture best?
msalisbury3
I plan to install engineered wood floors throughout my new home (except bathrooms) and am torn between darker floors or going lighter. My furniture is traditional mahogany and I plan to paint the walls mostly a white tone with possible accent walls painted a color. The home is 1300 sq ft. Oh and I have a dog that sheds a lot but no kids so otherwise my floors stay pretty clean.
gretmarie
I'm having the same problem. I'm buying a new home a d redoing the kitchen with dark cabinets and white tops thinking of doing the floor in a medium dark wood but not to dark. It gives it a rich modern warm look! I say go dark in the medium tones.
0 Likes   Thanked by msalisbury3    July 10, 2013 at 12:40PM
Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
White walls may not be a great idea. You may be happier with creamy white-soft beige tones to blend with wood.

Colour of flooring depends on whether or not you want contrast with furniture or want more blended look. Also keep in mind, darker floors show dirt , dog hair faster.....

Suggest you bring home some samples and place them under furniture. Also look at the newer ideas - wider planks, brushed......can't recall proper name. Flooring is a sizeable investment so make sure you look around & find what you want, a reputable brand & have it installed professionally. One of the biggest problems is the floor being level. If it is not, the flooring will not install properly and will not last long.

Habitat Re-Stores often have overloads of flooring they have been given by Home Depot, and other businesses. Check them out for same quality but much better prices.
0 Likes   Thanked by msalisbury3    July 10, 2013 at 12:51PM
msalisbury3
My kitchen cabinetry will be dark too. Thanks Gretmarie for your input
0 Likes   July 10, 2013 at 12:55PM
msalisbury3
Yes I planned on more creamy tones. I just wanted to point out my walls won't be dark as well. I have a concrete slab and definitely plan on having my floors installed professionally (will check out Angie's List for contractors and/or go with the stores recommendation) and make sure they put down a leveler. I'm reading up on the flooring brands and what to look for so hopefully I will be happy wit the quality. Thanks Sharon!
0 Likes   July 10, 2013 at 1:01PM
What color wood floors looks best with cherry/ mahogany furniture?
I'm tearing down my kitchen wall and doing an open...
carom999
What color of wood floor would go best with american cherry cabinets?
Designing a kitchen/great room combo, kitchen counter...
12thwoman
larsenvanessa
What is the best color to complement santos mahogany floors & white staircase?
What is the best wall color to complement santos mahogany...
shamaine
What color wood floor to go with black furniture in living room?
I am in the process of designing my new place and have...
rangestormer
Kitchen Island Help!
We plan to have an island built for our kitchen as...
Dawn Steimel
GE Profile PT925 30" Single/Double oven
I have a GE Profile Gas Cooktop model JGP336 which...
wolffdg
I need help choosing art work for our new home.
We recently moved into an updated brick colonial (approx....
kgperk528
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
Low maintenance front yard ideas
Advice on shrubs and trees that would add curb appeal....
ypsimi