Need Help with Tween Girls Room
andyco98
My daughter asked for her room to be redone as she now turns 10. So, I repainted the pink walls with an aqua. Also, replaced her kiddie bedding with something more grownup. Have also ordered a beanbag lounger from PBT, which matches her quilt.
She wants some purple on the walls. Do I go with a border or purple motifs stencilled on. Also, what do I do with the space above the bed? Pls help,as I would like to get it done in time for her B-day on the 14th.
anne dee
to enhance the decor on the wall you could paint circles as seen in the pic
That would be a fun project!!
Anita Roll

You could paint wide stripes behind the bed {her choice of colors}
Decor by Jennifer Inc
July 10, 2013 at 3:14pm        Thanked by andyco98
stephmal
Love the colors! You could do a big initial decal in purple (PBT, dorm) and then arrange the smaller framed art around it for a bigger impact. Right now the framed pieces are getting a bit lost on the big walls.
July 10, 2013 at 3:17pm        Thanked by andyco98
motownmom
I love the color of the walls! It's my favorite color in the world (and also pretty close to my own bedroom color, LOL).

10 is a really "tween" age, between little girl and teenager. It's tough because her tastes will change soon, and her friends will have a big influence. If they like her room it will be important. I know it works this way because my daughter is 18.

I just did some searches on google and amazon.com for "purple circle wall decals" (which would match her bedspread). There are tons out there. You might not have it ready by her birthday, but it's something you could let her know you have ordered. They also have very tall purple flowers with green stems, etc.

I see a widow seat peeking through the picture of the dresser. If I were to consider doing just one wall, I'd probably do that area right up to the main bedroom wall. Then find a nice coordinating fabric for a cushion.

I'd also consider this, which I had over my daughter's bed when I did her bedroom when she was about 8: http://www.amazon.com/Purple-Feather-Metallic-Trimmed-Canopy/dp/B003QKI1FC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373495157&sr=8-2&keywords=girls+pink+hanging+bed+canopy. This is similar to what I put over my daughter's bed when I painted her room to look like a butterfly garden, with a white picket fence and everything. Your daughter may be too old for that, hard to say. They have other colors & styles on Amazon. You could hang it over the bed, or at the top of the window seat so she has a netting surrounding that.

I hope you find something special to do in time for her birthday. You're a good mom!
July 10, 2013 at 3:31pm        Thanked by andyco98
indianpatti
Great job! Love the color of the walls! I just went to Pottery Barn .... teens ... lots of inspiration there! Saw these letters (see pic) you could pick out the letters you want to spell for $10 .. maybe her name? Lucky little girl to have such a wonderful Mom :)
July 10, 2013 at 3:39pm        Thanked by andyco98
shortped
I was also going to say about doing her name....could do letters covered with different fabrics and incorporate purple. The tiny pics seem out of scale. The shelf above bed is up high with nothing hanging from it. I think I would put something larger...her name, the decals, a mirror, etc above bed....then put shelf on wall with pics on it of varying height...maybe a fabric covered cork board to pin her things on...
July 10, 2013 at 4:00pm      Thanked by andyco98
bluenan
Your art work is too small and young except the two black framed prints. Try to find a larger round mirror to spray paint a nice soft purple and hang above the bed. The small pictures can go on the shelf above the bed. Borders and stencils will not be sophisticated enough, even for a ten year old. Try Etsy for larger prints that can be customized to your color choices. Try to find another matching sham so she'll have two that go across the headboard. She'll be a teen before you know it!
July 10, 2013 at 4:47pm     
mefor
Definitely go with decals, she'll change her mind in a couple of years, easily removed. :)
July 10, 2013 at 5:02pm   
mefor
More
July 10, 2013 at 5:03pm   
mefor
More
July 10, 2013 at 5:03pm   
mefor
More
July 10, 2013 at 5:03pm        Thanked by andyco98
anne dee
Uh OH !! mforr is on a roll!! :)
great ideas
what fun!!
July 10, 2013 at 5:06pm     
Terracegallery
Did someone say purple? I LOVE PURPLE!! Not many use it these days....I have lots of nice pieces with purple that a girl would love. :) Would look nice over the bed...and has circles to go with her motif. One example:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/2-love-conquers-all-sharon-cummings.html
July 10, 2013 at 5:07pm   
mefor
Maybe you could find a couple of standard pillow shams in a deep purple or in one of the accent colors from the bedding and add them to bed, it looks a little sparse. I agree that you need larger artwork, maybe a cork board or one if those memo oars combinations similar to what they sell at PB Teen. Not so much blank space over bed, large mirror over dresser or full length mirror on wall.
July 10, 2013 at 5:08pm     
Terracegallery
I can customize prints...for instance I could make the background on this one purple/lavender instead of pink: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/stone-rockd-butterfly-2-by-sharon-cummings-sharon-cummings.html
July 10, 2013 at 5:09pm   
mefor
Oh Anne dee, I just can't help myself. I love to give people as many ideas and options as possible. I know so many as for specific examples or pictures, I just like to beat them to the punch, I give before they ask. Hopefully they don't get too exasperated before they get to the end of my "more's" lol ;)
July 10, 2013 at 5:10pm   
anne dee
I doubt anyone gets "exasperated".
They're having too much fun.
Never stop!!
July 10, 2013 at 5:13pm     
mefor
Thanks, Anne dee :)
July 10, 2013 at 5:16pm     
mefor
Two pillow sham examples, I think the first is bed bath and beyond, second on eBay.
July 10, 2013 at 5:23pm     
mefor
PB teen, another purple sham and a bunch of accent pieces in the colors of walls and bedding
July 10, 2013 at 5:34pm        Thanked by andyco98
mefor
More, plus a room that's so cute I had to include it :)
July 10, 2013 at 5:35pm        Thanked by andyco98
Need help with a tween girls room
I need blue in the new room and I was thinking a light...
Need help with guest bathroom used by tween boy and girl
This one has really stumped me. Our two kids, boy...
Need help with wall and trim color for a tween boy's room
We are updating my 12 year old son's room. I would...
need help for our Grand living room/kitchen/ and breakfast nook!
I have grey walls with light tan/beige tile floors....
Need help to update Liviing room and powder room decor
We are planning to update with new décor. ( living...
"Need Help for my Console Table"
Please Suggest me decor ideas for my Console Table...
Need help on my stairs
Hi there, I am having very hard time managing the stairs...
Anyone with inset carpet experience?
We are renovating our first floor, including a south-facing,...