What type of rug to buy??
phj1106
I'm stuck with which type of rug (color and texture) to place here. The living room layout is kind of narrow, so I'm not sure if placing a rug would be the best idea in the first place. What do you guys think? I lean towards designs with neutral palettes and a clean lines.

Any other advice on what to do in the room is very much appreciated! (Besides the too short curtains, I'm working on replacing them ASAP)
Your photos are not great, but it looks like you have an abundance of brown leather in the room. So for your rug, which would be a nice addition, you could choose it to add color to the room. Brown looks great with blue and with spa tones of blue/green, and also with lime green. You could also use an off white rug. So pick your favorite. Or you could tell us what colors you like and give us better photos.

Aschera Blue Rug
Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug, Blue Smoke
Safavieh Dhurries Light Green Rug
Auroroa Borealis Shag Rug
July 10, 2013 at 5:26pm     
Carolyn's suggestion of the shag rug and new window treatments. Yours now are too delicate for the leather and too short for the windows.
Burlap Knife Pleated Drapery Panel With Greek Key Trim By martha & ash
Auroroa Borealis Shag Rug
July 10, 2013 at 5:38pm