What to do with looong toddler room
Leeanna Shultz
I have a long narrow toddler room and need help with the back of the room, wall color and window treatment. Any advice would be great!
0825sam
I like the navy accent wall and fun drapes in this photo. I see there is something in the corner to the right of the widow but if that can be moved I would consider putting a large ikea expedit storage unit on the wall next to the window. I see you already have some cube storage but I know in my house I can never have too much! And you can use it as bookshelves and or accessories and line the bottom row with bins.

July 10, 2013 at 7:47PM   
0825sam
A play table and chairs could also go in the empty area in front of the windows. Ikea is also good for those or I love the p'kolino furniture - it sometimes pops up at a big discount on my habit.com
July 10, 2013 at 7:49PM   
0825sam
Another idea for something that doubles as cute decor and something to play with, my kids love this tent from ikea and its only $20. They have an expensive one from land of nod and this is the one they like :) it's pretty big and is a cute room addition -
Would pop nicely against an accent wall. http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/10206883/
July 10, 2013 at 7:59PM   
The lenghth of room would be de-emphasized if bed could turn 90 degrees at end of room to leave rest for play area. I might hang curtian panels on closet if that would make it possible and store the mirror doors. Indigo blue accent wall would also visually shorten room. would like to see tall shelves (installed w anti-tip kit) for variety in storage heights - maybe along front wall behind photographer.
July 10, 2013 at 8:00PM   
crp1234
Do you like or dislike having wood floors in the toddler's bedroom?
July 10, 2013 at 8:22PM   
Leeanna Shultz
Thanks for your thoughts! I like to accent wall color idea and definitely some play furniture is in order. The tent you mention, sam0705 is cute, but now that I've got the underwater theme going I'm not sure how to mix in other details.
July 10, 2013 at 9:06PM   
Leeanna Shultz
I could certainly move the bed and try to rearrange! I don't mind the wood floors, they gave me an excuse to buy the rug and give the room a more crisp feel.
July 10, 2013 at 9:09PM   
BeyondFrames
I'd try moving the bed under the window but I'd keep the walls light colored .
You could have a warm gray on all walls and then, on the wall that is now taken by the bed you could paint some intertwined rectangles or squares with magnetic paint, cover them with navy blue and green, frame them with white moldings and it's going to be a stylish magnetic board for letters, numbers, drawings display.
White coffee table from ikea http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20011413/
and a blue chair http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20099496/
my kids have this combination and it great size wise and also the table can stand lots of crafts
July 10, 2013 at 9:37PM   
CanvasChamp
One best idea to decorate your wall by Canvas prints with any picture which is your favorite on canvas by best canvas printing. you can go for best canvas printing online store at CanvasChamp
July 10, 2013 at 10:09PM   
A toddler, a compartmentalized loft, and myself...what do I do?
I have an 850 sq ft "industrial" loft space that has...
What color to paint toddlers room. All pics included!
What paint color should I do for my daughter's room?...
Converting baby room to toddler boy room
Time to convert crib to toddler (twin) bed. Keeping...
Toddlers room (boy/girl twins) small room with no window
How can I make a small room with no window appear bright...
I Need Help Designing My Bedroom
I'm a military child and we are buying a new house...
Engineered wood or renovate existing floor?
I currently have wood floors in my victorian house,...
Need advise for living room
Hello there, Our living room is long and narrow. I...
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...
Has anyone installed LG Viatera Rococo?
I am thinking about using LG Viatera Rococo in my kitchen,...