texasplucy
September 29, 2011 in Photo Questions
what do you use for gutters on a contempory house
Becky Harris
Hmmm, this good be a good ideabook topic, perhaps for our architecture experts...I've also seen some rain chains looking really cool on contemporary houses lately. Erin Lang Norris featured some of those here:

September 29, 2011 at 11:00am   
Sheila Schmitz
Also some good ideas for contemporary gutter designs in this story about downspouts by Houzz contributor John Hill:
September 29, 2011 at 11:02am   
Mathew Amaro Designs
Flat roofs such as this sometimes don't use gutters. Water is diverted to drains much like a floor drain
with the use of built-up material under the roofing which may be a single ply membrane. The downspouts many times are also hidden in the walls. All of this adds to the clean horizontal lines common in mid century modern style of architecture.
December 20, 2012 at 10:20pm   
Huy Ho
Flat roofs may drain through the soffits, or walls which is troublesome if repairs are requied. Also depending on climate, you want the downspout exposed to the sun so it wont freeze up. Commonly flatroofs will drain from a scupper of the side. There are only a few profiles to choose from but if curvy is your thing, use k-style. If you are more of a square, use NS-style. Minimum 5" but 6" is better
January 5, 2013 at 2:45pm   
need curb appeal help!
Need help changing the look.We have already done landscaping...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
What to do With the Wood Panel Doors and Trim?
My husband and I bought our first house last year,...
Remodelling old teak wool cupboard
I have this 85 year old teak wood cupboard!! Was wanting...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...