Need help decorating one wall in renovated bathroom. DRIVING ME NUTS!
D. Fowler
Redid the bathroom in my 1938 bungalow. Was going for a clean, farmhouse look but with a vintage cowgirl theme. (My family background is ranching, horses, etc. So, that's my decorating style). ANYWAY, I'm stumped on what to do with one wall. I want to incorporate an old bucket with towels in it but I can't figure out where to put it so that it doesn't look so cluttered! I'm attaching photos of how the bucket is currently displayed along with another photo of the bathroom so you can get my vibe. It just seems like the towel rack AND the bucket is too much for that wall. THIS IS THE LAST PROJECT IN THIS BATHROOM AND IT'S MAKING ME CRAZY! Help, please!
Jen
Wow!!! I love that vanity!!! I think it looks good. You did a great job!!
July 10, 2013 at 9:26PM   
D. Fowler
Thank you! The vanity is recycled from an old coffee table I had. Stripped it and restained it. Bucket sink was $8.99 at the local feed store. I love the way it turned out. It's the OTHER bucket on the wall that's got me stumped!
July 10, 2013 at 9:29PM     
studio10001
This has a lot of personality - Kudos to you!. What would you think of moving the toilet paper dispenser to the side of the toilet, and setting the bucket on the floor in its place?
July 10, 2013 at 9:35PM      Thanked by D. Fowler
D. Fowler
Well, there's actually a toilet dispenser built into the side of the cabinet. But, it's such tight quarters that it's hard to pull the paper off the roll! Crazy, huh?! But, I think I might have just solved my problem. Since I already have towels in the bucket, what about using the towel rack as a jewelry hanger? See photo. Or is it still too busy? I've attached another view of the counter so you can see where the original toilet paper holder is. The red towel is covering it....on purpose!
July 10, 2013 at 10:01PM     
studio10001
Gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do!
July 10, 2013 at 10:10PM      Thanked by D. Fowler
D. Fowler
Wait...does that mean the jewlery hanging idea is a good one?! haha...
July 10, 2013 at 10:15PM   
sjkingston
What a great bathroom. It does look overly busy with both the rack and the bucket. But there are two different functions going on. The bucket appears to be for storing towels, like a shelf or closet would hold, before they are used. And the rack is for hanging used towels to dry. What about hanging the bucket centered over the wall heater and moving the rack to the back of the door? That way the drying towel would be out of sight and the side wall would showcase the bucket of towels.
July 10, 2013 at 10:20PM        Thanked by D. Fowler
D. Fowler
All very good points! Ok, just tried the bucket 3 different ways...all without the towel rack. Any of them working for anyone out there? (I'm so tired of looking at this dang wall! Going cross eyed!)
July 10, 2013 at 10:31PM   
sjkingston
Like the second and third pics (without e paper towel holder). Call it a night and sleep on it. Then try one for a week and then the other.
July 10, 2013 at 10:34PM      Thanked by D. Fowler
D. Fowler
Maybe I should just ditch the bucket since I've already got a bucket sink. *sigh* Think I'll just sleep on it for now.
July 10, 2013 at 10:35PM   
D. Fowler
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I appreciate it!
July 10, 2013 at 10:36PM   
D. Fowler
I took everyone's suggestions and decided to tone down the wall. Moved the bucket to the floor. Got rid of the toilet paper holder and went back to the old one. I think I like this much better! I also changed out the artwork above the toilet. Seems to keep with the "vintage cowgirl" theme much better. Could it be I'm finally finished?! Would love some feedback, please. Thank you!!
July 11, 2013 at 9:15PM     
Help!! Half wall is driving me nuts!
I'm not sure what to do with this wall opening!! I...
HELP!!! Fireplace driving me nuts!
I desperately want to tile out the brass surround on...
Backsplash is driving me nuts!
We are doing a kitchen reno with shaker cabs stained...
Son driving me nuts! Love a mom!
Bedroom rug sage ish green with a blue hue to it!!...
My kitchen is driving me nuts
Ok bought a house the last person who owned it thought...
Outdoor plants for planters
We live in Dallas, Texas and are currently opening...
Tiling a ceiling shower
Im renovating a basement bathroom which the shower...
Area Rug
I need some help with the color of an area rug. Would...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
Need help updating
Newly engaged... Just moved in... Stressed beyond words!!...