Bathroom is 1984.
Angie Newhouse
July 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Tore out half the carpet due to toilet overflow (city sewer backup). The wall paper is beginning to curl up & there appears to be a leak in the shower closet tray under the ceramic tiles. There are two separate matching vanities which we have replaced the faucets on. There is a garden tub that has never, to my knowledge, been used. There is so much to do I have no idea where to begin nor the $$ to do it correctly. I'm just short of throwing in the towel but as we all know, it won't fix itself. I'd like to put in wood flooring but am unsure if that would be wise given the water and humidity of a bathroom. I can tear out the wall paper but the wall doesn't appear to have been sized prior to the first layer of paper (there are two layers) so I think I'll have to paint over that layer and don't know how that will work as I've never painted over paper. Any and all suggestion are more than welcome! Thank you very much.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
I don't recommend wood in a bathroom. Wood look porcelain tiles would be best. No, please don't paint the wallpaper. I found that heating up 409 in the microwave for a minute, soak the paper, then scrape off the paper with a putty knife. Then paint.
July 10, 2013 at 11:53pm      Thanked by Angie Newhouse
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
houssaon
Well to start you have to fix the leak in the shower. I think you can buy a wallpaper product that can be painted. Some have texture. Instead of wood, you can get tile that looks like wood. I think it is a really good look: Master Bath Remodel, Wood 15x60, Norman Park Project, and Girl's Bath.
July 10, 2013 at 11:58pm      Thanked by Angie Newhouse