Accessories, too much, too little?
dotziegler
We recently finished painting our living room but now I just can't seem to get the accessories right. We have been moving small tables around but still not sure. The hall walls are actually a little darker than they appear, Behr High Plateau, LR is Behr Lovable. We do like to have a table with a light in front of the window.
the essentials inside
dotziegler - all the rooms look lovely. Could you upload a pic of the living room from behind the chairs looking toward the couch wall?

Is there anything in the rooms that can go or you just looking to add?

Lyvonne
July 11, 2013 at 10:23am   
curlycook
Beautiful! I love your moldings and paint color!
July 11, 2013 at 10:31am   
dotziegler
This is from hall looking into LR. The sofa has to stay but think these tables might be too big
July 11, 2013 at 11:57am   
indianpatti
Wonderful job! In the entryway, I would remove the chairs ... just the bench with art is plenty of seating.
July 11, 2013 at 12:07pm   
indianpatti
I would also remove everything from the top of the entryway shelf. Also, I think that there are too many framed pictures on the shelves. I would remove about 1/2 of them ... replace with other small, decorative items (small vase, bowl, etc.) Don't load up the shelves with too many things.
July 11, 2013 at 12:10pm   
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
Rule of thumb for pretty shelves is 33% books( horizontal as well as verticle), 33% objects(including frames) and 33% open space unless a library in which case the books take the vast majority of space. Of course you alter this to your taste and your possessions. Your wall colors are truely lovely.
July 11, 2013 at 12:16pm   
Genevieve
Too many pictures inside the shelf .
July 11, 2013 at 12:25pm   
dberwic
I agree w/ the others, too many framed pics on the shelves. Also the pictures behind the sofa may be a touch to high The tables in the living room are fine. The lamp should be more substanial. In the dining room the sidetable seems too low. You might consider removing the lamps and adding wall sconces on each side of the artwork. T You could also add an area rug in the dining room to add some patterm to the room.
July 11, 2013 at 12:40pm     
dotziegler
Not a great pic but I saw this rug,maybe it would add color to the DR, the second pic is the fabric in my drapes and is my inspiration piece. I have a more substantial lamp I can try in the LR. I will post more pics later.
July 11, 2013 at 2:53pm   
Accessories too much ,too little changing up?
Since I changed coffee tables I have put out some new...
Too much or too little as an accent colour
Should I go solid or patterned with these cushions?...
Too much blue? Help with accessories
My husband and I love the color blue. We just painted...
Bath mat/ toilet seat cover
Is putting a bath mat and toilet seat cover in a powder...
Living room ideas!
Hi all! Here's our living room. I would love ideas...
Can I hang paintings on wall panelling?
I am building a new house with lots of white large...
What color should I paint my walls?
Ok so the bedroom right now is a beach theme. My parents...