Cricket balls!
sturge12
I bought a lovely red leather cricket ball from a vintage store on a whim & just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how I could use it in my country home/any interior design ideas?
anne dee
You could have it made into a table clock
buy a few more and display in a wooden bowl
mount it like a trophy!!
Have fun
July 11, 2013 at 1:21PM   
Fred S
Could we see a few photos of the room you want to put it in? I sounds like a fun thing.
July 11, 2013 at 1:37PM   
sturge12
It's for any room really...I wondered if it suited my partners study or whether I should place it somewhere in my living room that has touches of red, I'm just not sure how to display it if you like
July 12, 2013 at 11:46PM   
Sharon
I'm thinking a turned piece of wood, beautifully carved, flat on the bottom and a rounded, concave cup/opening at the top, to sit your ball in. Sort of egg cup shape.
July 13, 2013 at 6:54AM   
soberg
It should be in a family room, game room, or den. Group it artistically on a table or shelf with similar sports objects.
July 13, 2013 at 7:01AM   
sturge12
Thanks everyone, I like all these ideas :-) I think "grouping it artistically" is what I am struggling with :-) I wondered about placing it in a nice shallow bowl or similar too?
July 13, 2013 at 1:54PM   
carolins
Sounds like a lovely object to put on your fireplace mantle (if you have one). Together with a couple of framed vintage cricket photos for example.
Alternatively, watch this video and see what he does with the white ball shaped object at the end (sounds like a magic trick haha, but it isn't) http://www.potterybarn.com/design-studio/video/living_rooms_decorate-coffee-table-living.html
July 13, 2013 at 2:19PM   
Ugly 80s powder room
I have a desperately ugly 80s small powder room 1,5x1,5...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Knotty pine and colors
This was my grandma's house and we want to keep the...
Ugly black stone fireplace!
We just purchased a brand new house and my husband...
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...