Cricket balls!
sturge12
I bought a lovely red leather cricket ball from a vintage store on a whim & just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how I could use it in my country home/any interior design ideas?
anne dee
You could have it made into a table clock
buy a few more and display in a wooden bowl
mount it like a trophy!!
Have fun
July 11, 2013 at 1:21pm   
Fred S
Could we see a few photos of the room you want to put it in? I sounds like a fun thing.
July 11, 2013 at 1:37pm   
sturge12
It's for any room really...I wondered if it suited my partners study or whether I should place it somewhere in my living room that has touches of red, I'm just not sure how to display it if you like
July 12, 2013 at 11:46pm   
Sharon
I'm thinking a turned piece of wood, beautifully carved, flat on the bottom and a rounded, concave cup/opening at the top, to sit your ball in. Sort of egg cup shape.
July 13, 2013 at 6:54am   
soberg
It should be in a family room, game room, or den. Group it artistically on a table or shelf with similar sports objects.
July 13, 2013 at 7:01am   
sturge12
Thanks everyone, I like all these ideas :-) I think "grouping it artistically" is what I am struggling with :-) I wondered about placing it in a nice shallow bowl or similar too?
July 13, 2013 at 1:54pm   
carolins
Sounds like a lovely object to put on your fireplace mantle (if you have one). Together with a couple of framed vintage cricket photos for example.
Alternatively, watch this video and see what he does with the white ball shaped object at the end (sounds like a magic trick haha, but it isn't) http://www.potterybarn.com/design-studio/video/living_rooms_decorate-coffee-table-living.html
July 13, 2013 at 2:19pm   
Plug for a floor receptacle
We had floor receptacles put in when we built our house....
Wood stain
We are building a house. We will have a mahogany front...
We're building a house.. I know nothing. Help me.
My wife and I are building a house in a new development....
How do I pick a paint color?
I have always imagined that my house would be paint...