would like to change up the kitchen so it is more disabled friendly
jmabdo
Oven is push in model (builders grade) with grill on bottom. The oven puts out a lot of heat and the microwave fan over it does not blow out most of the heat from the oven or burners. Light over the kitchen sink is bad, and there seems to be a large space between the sink and frige (open area) with the sink opposite of the stove, microwave and burners.
dalma darling
How are your plans for updating your kitchen coming along? If you have a photo to share of your current space that would be helpful.
0 Likes   January 13, 2014 at 11:08PM
jmabdo
I have not made any moves towards this area, worked on another area of the house, but have seen pictures of the microwave below the countertop and cooktop with exhaust fan overhead. Oven is a wall oven but a little lower, instead of two in that spot, easier reach for a wheelchair.
0 Likes   January 14, 2014 at 6:06AM
dalma darling
Yes, the microwave below the counter is very doable. I'm glad the oven in a bit lower than normal so you have access. If you're willing to share some photos of the current set up the Houzz community may be able to offer some helpful suggestions.
0 Likes   January 14, 2014 at 10:59PM
Quoted $7K for abestos removal...
Need your help houzeers. My Uncle is renovating the...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Looking for opinions on my TV stand
I thought I had a clever idea to use my husband's grandmother's...
Wood floor allowance
Our allowance for hardwood floors for the 1st floor...
Need help with backsplash
Hope you can help me with backsplash choice. We have...