Pillow ideas for couch
caromck
Here's the sofa. Do you think 20x20 decorative pillows would be too large for the corners? How many pillows would you use? Thanks!
chemayne
Lovely sofa!
There is no hard and fast rules about cushions. I would go for 2 of the 20x20 and 2 smaller ones in squares or rectangles. Colour wise, pick something that repeats a colour in the rug and /or wall colour. I have attached some examples of how to pick cushion colours to reflect the carpet colour and surrounds

Decorating Den- Shawn Strok
33 Charles
Living Rooms
Family Rooms

Have fun shopping!
July 12, 2013 at 1:37am     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- this is a very upscale-looking sofa and your pillows should reflect that. You can use a pattern taken from your rug in a tapestery, a monogrammed velvet pillow, a fabric lke chenille, which has a lot of texture, a shag fabric for even more texture, leather/suede pillows, needlepoint - just about anything that coordinates with the rest of your decor. I was just guessing with these examples since your design style was not part of your info. . .
July 12, 2013 at 8:20pm   
Amy Wax
What a great sofa! I think adding the pillows i ok but I would tread lightly. I think if you have 2 large pillows and two small ones you might take away from the beautiful lines of the shape of your sofa. Do you need the pillows for comfort? If not try going with one at each end and making the pillows really beautiful, and unique!

When you look at the photos Sandy gave you ( and they are really great photos) you see the pillows first. I would want to see your sofa first.. unless the pillows were really eye candy.
July 12, 2013 at 8:51pm     
caromck
Thanks! I appreciate all of your suggestions. I went ahead and ordered 2 kilim pillows I'd been eyeing for a while. The overall room style is international eclectic, so here's one of the pillows. The second one is basically reverse design of this one (2 borders from an old kilim). I think I will start with just these two pillows on either end because, as Amy mentioned, I don't want to overwhelm the sofa - it already has a lot going on - and the design on the pillows is pretty unique.

I did want to add pillows just because I like nestling in against a pillow (and this is the main family room sofa).
July 12, 2013 at 10:23pm     
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi...I love the Kilim and it will look well with the color of your sofa, I just want you to be aware that pillows slide on
leather.
July 12, 2013 at 10:31pm     
caromck
Hmm, that's a good point. Well, hopefully they will stay in place enough to look good and be functional bc I don't think I can (or will really want to) return them! Thanks :)
July 12, 2013 at 10:39pm   
caromck
Pillows arrived, here's the finished look! Thanks again for all your input.
July 24, 2013 at 11:57pm     
Rina
Hi Caromck -- I've been trying to give your pillows a 'Like' but I don't know if it's working -- it seems to have registered as 'Unlike' (that's a word?) So for the record, I like.
July 25, 2013 at 12:02am      Thanked by caromck
Need help updating a bathroom that doesn't have white bath or vanity
Hi, I am re-doing my bathroom as the vanity is peeling...
Back Porch Decor? What do you think?
I am trying to spiff up the back porch and would love...
Living room ideas!
Hi all! Here's our living room. I would love ideas...
Covered patio flooring
My mothers mobile home has a covered porch with outdoor...
What companies make grey painted kitchen cabinets?
I'm trying to avoid custom made cabinets. Does anyone...