Coordinating Paint Colors!
Kelly
I'm about to move into my new apartment, and the walls are a drab dingy off-white (see first photo for the stock photo of what my room should look like), they're depressing and I want to change them ASAP. I've been living with plain white walls in every apartment I've rented since my dorm days, and I think it's time for a change.

In the new place I'm thinking about painting three walls a light blue (think Tiffany blue or a sea mist color), and one wall a dark grey with blue undertone to add some punch to the room. I really like blue if you haven't guessed, but I can't figure out if the wall color will clash will the color of my furniture, or if the furniture will stand out nicely against a blue background. See the 2nd photo for a quick rendering of the shades of colors I'm thinking, I might go a smidge lighter on the blue. See the 3rd and 4th photos for the furniture I currently have. (Please excuse the bareness of the room, I'm packing for the move and most of my decorations are in boxes.)

Should I use the dark grey to accent the unique brick wall with the window, or accent the wall my bed will rest against opposite the closet? Another idea I was playing with was to use the window as a headboard of sorts visually and place the head of my bed directly in front of it, solving the problem of which wall to accent.

I'm also considering either repainting or removing the '70s closet doors and replacing them with curtains. Any ideas on which would look nicer in your opinion?
Kelly
Here are two more pictures of my furniture, I couldn't fit them all in the first post:
   July 12, 2013 at 6:58AM
Car Noise Fence Solution needed!
We need a new fence - and want to fight car noise as...
to backsplash or not to backsplash...
we're finally tackling our laundry room...it's a very...
treasure
how exactly do you turn what people call junk into...
Need siding help for 60's split level exterior
We have a 1960's split level in desperate need of an...
What should you know when you buy an old home?
There are special challenges when buying an older home....