Need help on how to improve the exterior of my house!!!

Nathaly CoelloJuly 12, 2013
I really hate the color and the entrance of this house. I am thinking on painting the house with a dark bluish gray color to make a contrast with the white roof and white stones attached to the walls. However I really do not know what to do about the entrance I would like to make more private and interesting. I really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Donna Hays Decorative Arts Painter
Blue/grey would look nice, I don't like contrast so light would keep it fresh. I personally would paint the stones on the side of the house, exterior paint in three colors (grey, house blue/grey and beige) dab on raised area. Believe the stone are truly outdating the house. Might widen the walkway if possible, even with pavers. Think the two light posts are outdate. Try building an arbor or pergola higher over entrance, then add vine on back side. I wool sweep a large garden, not rectangle around outer edge of pathway and plant low shrubs and flowers along side, then bring a few on other side to match. Good luck!
    Bookmark   Thanked by Nathaly Coello    July 12, 2013 at 1:24PM
PRO
Ahmann Design
The gray color would be beautiful in contrast with the white and would really update the look of hte exterior. I also would hire someone to come in and faux paint the stone to give you a more classic look on the exterior. I would paint the terracotta color patio and possibly extend if possible. Eliminate hte light posts and replace with more trendy garden pots and lighting applications on the patio.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 2:23PM
decoenthusiaste
Take down the two stone lamp post pillars and extend the patio, installing a closed courtyard of the same stucco as the walls of the home. I would remove any non-functioning shutters from the larger front windows and paint the Bermuda shutters to compliment the new house colors. The blue on the shutters below would be a beautiful blue for your home. If money is no object, consider adding a water feature. Be sure to take control of the large shrub at the corner of your home.
Pebble Beach Landscapes · More Info

Spice Bay Residence · More Info

Bermuda Colonial Residence · More Info

Spice Bay Residence · More Info
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 3:47PM