Need help on how to improve the exterior of my house!!!

Nathaly CoelloJuly 12, 2013
I really hate the color and the entrance of this house. I am thinking on painting the house with a dark bluish gray color to make a contrast with the white roof and white stones attached to the walls. However I really do not know what to do about the entrance I would like to make more private and interesting. I really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you
Donna Hays Decorative Arts Painter
Blue/grey would look nice, I don't like contrast so light would keep it fresh. I personally would paint the stones on the side of the house, exterior paint in three colors (grey, house blue/grey and beige) dab on raised area. Believe the stone are truly outdating the house. Might widen the walkway if possible, even with pavers. Think the two light posts are outdate. Try building an arbor or pergola higher over entrance, then add vine on back side. I wool sweep a large garden, not rectangle around outer edge of pathway and plant low shrubs and flowers along side, then bring a few on other side to match. Good luck!
    Bookmark   Thanked by Nathaly Coello    July 12, 2013 at 1:24PM
Ahmann Design
The gray color would be beautiful in contrast with the white and would really update the look of hte exterior. I also would hire someone to come in and faux paint the stone to give you a more classic look on the exterior. I would paint the terracotta color patio and possibly extend if possible. Eliminate hte light posts and replace with more trendy garden pots and lighting applications on the patio.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 2:23PM
Take down the two stone lamp post pillars and extend the patio, installing a closed courtyard of the same stucco as the walls of the home. I would remove any non-functioning shutters from the larger front windows and paint the Bermuda shutters to compliment the new house colors. The blue on the shutters below would be a beautiful blue for your home. If money is no object, consider adding a water feature. Be sure to take control of the large shrub at the corner of your home.
Pebble Beach Landscapes · More Info

Spice Bay Residence · More Info

Bermuda Colonial Residence · More Info

Spice Bay Residence · More Info
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 3:47PM
Suggestions to improve the river rock exterior of our house
We just bought a new house that we love, but we are...
sunlyte27
I really hate the color and the entrance of this house....
Nathaly Coello
I need ideas on how to improve the exterior of my new house!
Hi! We just purchased a split level ranch and we are...
Rachel
warrensue
How can I improve curb appeal on my house??
How can I improve the curb appeal of our new house?...
jam76j
Siding/shutter color options for 1970s orange brick
I'm wondering if there are any better siding/shutter...
abhousey
help on how to decorate my room
dont know how to decorat and arrange my room
jessi4636
Your home vs. your childhood home?
Is your current home similar to the home you grew up...
View from the kitchen window
Hello Helpers! We purchased this house about 3 months...
songee23
creating a small foyer/vestibule
my house is a late 1940, early 1950 ranch, much enlarged...
sacapuntaslapioz