What color should I paint walls?
avasky
This is the sunroom. All of the furniture here is going. The floors are mosaic brick but I will cover with a large area rug until I can redo the floors. The ceiling is wood and you can see the wood molding at the top. What paint color would go well with the wood? The living room and dining room are sea salt by sherwin Williams.
houssaon
These are pretty blues: SW6217 Topsail by Sherwin-Williams and Watery sw6748 Sherwin Williams. This green would work: SW6730 Romaine - Sherwin-Williams. This is a lighter and softer less yellow shade than what you have: Blonde SW6128 Paint.

I have to say I like the floor. It gives the room character. If it is original to the house, I wouldn't remove it.
0 Likes   Thanked by avasky    July 12, 2013 at 9:30PM
victorianbungalowranch
Love the floor--keep it. Very classic and traditional for this type of home and space. I prefer the lighter warmer colors for the walls, but could be a neutral too.
0 Likes   Thanked by avasky    July 12, 2013 at 10:09PM
christychappell
Keep the flooring, it's very beautiful. Paint the walls creme or white or beige or light blue
1 Like   Thanked by avasky    July 13, 2013 at 12:23AM
brickln
Agree the floor is great- sunrooms should have a feeling of being outdoors, and brick floors lend to that feeling. A natural color or black area rug would go well.
Since the window mullions are white and the woodwork is natural, I'd go with a lighter wall like SW Eider White, Steamed Milk, or a yellow or green shade from the SW white chart.
I'd also add plenty of plants and consider painting the wicker a darker shade from the Sea Salt card. Beautiful space!
0 Likes   Thanked by avasky    July 13, 2013 at 3:32AM
avasky
Wow! Thank you everyone for all of the lovely comments. I am surprised everyone likes the floors. Now, I just may keep them!

Should I paint the window ledge white? Or would that clash with the wood ceiling?
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 7:38AM
Keep in mind the name of the room * sun room*- I would paint it a soft creamy yellow ;)
1 Like   Thanked by avasky    July 13, 2013 at 7:46AM
Handy Lock Self Storage
Yes floor is good. Choose a color of your wall to compliment your floor. I think neutral colors will look good.
0 Likes   Thanked by avasky    July 13, 2013 at 7:48AM
avasky
Any ideas for window treatments? Curtain rod and panels or shades?
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 7:58AM
brickln
I'd leave the window sills as is. Do you need window treatments? So hard to treat an arch, and the heights of the lower sashes don't match. You'd need to go custom, but painted shutters would be pretty.
0 Likes   Thanked by avasky    July 13, 2013 at 8:38AM
avasky
I would want window treatments. My neighbors could see into the sunroom, although they only live their a few months during legislation, so I could get by without them. I love the shutter idea. This was an addition built onto the house in the 60's, I believe.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 8:59AM
brickln
The shutters are great and give you an opportunity to bring another color in. Since you mentioned the LR/DR color, I assume the sunroom is adjacent? The complementary colors on the Sea Salt color card would mesh beautifully with the brick and wood.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:20AM
avasky
Yes, there is a curved archway from the sunroom that enters both the LR and DR.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:30AM
brickln
Perfect, then I'd go with the Eider White from the Coastal Collection, or Spare White from the color card, one step lighter than Sea Salt. Just noticed you said the furniture is out- reconsider those wicker chairs, especially if you go with shutters and that's a ceiling fan pull I see there!
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:45AM
My "Woman" Cave... a soon to be peaceful retreat for ME!
This room has 2 sets of french doors with a set up...
Yellow tripod floor lamp
I live in Wales, UK, and love the yellow tripod floor...
Color and accent help with new sunroom!
This is our new/old home. A renovated 1762 farmhouse,...
Need help with gas stove
I wanted to install the Rais Gabo Gas II which I understand...
Help my ugly little house
I know the landscaping needs help - I plan to go for...