Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amackinney

amackinney
12 years ago
Can anyone identify the dog picture next to the fireplace? Is it something that has been massed produced or an original piece of art? Keep coming back to this picture. Thanks.
Lowcountry Residence · More Info

Comments (30)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    If you have dogs - Why not get out the camera and take some pictures of them so you can have the print made extra-large and create your own unique artwork that is special to you?
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    We just recently had to put our dog down after 14 1/2 years so I was looking for this particuliar picture because it wasn't so personal. It would be to painful at htis time to have such a large focal picture of her. I will certainly keep your idea in mind as I walk our neighborhood. Thanks for your input.
  • bamamom
    12 years ago
    I am very sorry for your loss.
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thank you, bamamom. I have done a little research and found a source that will enlarge a photo to 30" x 40" for $125.00. But, the dog artwork in this particuliar room looks to be more of a painting and not so defined as a photograph. I think that is what I find very appealing. The search isn't over. You know how it is when you see something you like. You don't stop until you find it.
  • bamamom
    12 years ago
    I understand completely. Good luck with your search.
  • Jennifer St.Clair
    11 years ago
    any luck finding?
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    If possible, would the designer or architecture firm please help with answering this question.
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    bamampm - still no luck. Since my initial question we have built a house in the mountains of North Carolina. We have a huge spot above the fireplace and I keep coming back to this type of artwork. I will be patient until the right piece comes along because if I just settle I'll be reminded for the next ........... years of what could've been.
    Thanks for checking back.
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    While I was prospecting around looking for similar art, I had a slam dunk idea. In your area, I will bet there are artists and art students who would love some good old cash money. Why not find someone who paints in a style you like, show them this picture and ask if they could make one like it just perfect for your spot? The subject matter is not difficult, the colors are nice and muted. If this particular technique appeals to you, make sure the artist is aware of that and can paint in that way.

The painting here of Two Labs Playing caught my eye, and I see this artist does commissions. She's in Palm Bay, FL but I am sure you could find someone locally.
    http://www.labradorretrieverart.com/Commisions.html
  • Jennifer St.Clair
    11 years ago
    Original art has a soul. This large gorgeous piece looks to be just that! OOAK. I think I'll go have original an done locally through commission as I have thought about and you are encouraging. Yes indeedy, it is a slam dunk. Joy your way!
  • ikwewe
    11 years ago
    Good for you, Jennifer! I kept on prospecting and found a picture with similar colors and mood, but it is shorebirds, not dogs. Just thought I would plug that into the mix:
    http://fineartamerica.com/featured/orville-and-wilbur-becca-mulenburg.html
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    ikwewe...great ideas and links. I hope original poster, amackinney will be able to find the perfect piece.
    amackinney...congrats on your new home in NC.
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    bamamom/ikwewe....... The website http://www.labradorretrieverart.com/Commisions.html was perfect. I only wish the prices were in my budget. Of course I want the biggest size at the biggest price. And then to read in her blog that one of her Labs was just diagnosed with cancer just took the wind out of my sails. I will continue to search and certainly do appreciate EVERYONES ideas. I just might take up painting again and create my own - I can always toss it if my artistic flare from the 70's isn't there anymore. LOL

bamamom - I've attached a pic of our new place - still somewhat of a work in progress but we have arrived...........
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    amackinney...The house is beautiful. I love the front porch and the stonework! If you don't mind, when your settled in, will you please post interior pictures?
    Okay, this may have already been tried and maybe I overstepped, but I emailed the firm that built the home and asked if they could provide information about the piece. They are located in SC. Have not heard back but it has only been a couple of hours.
    My daughter has a Dobie with bone cancer. Breaks my heart!

Anyway, will keep positive thoughts that the perfect piece is out there for you to find.
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    bamamom - Thanks for your drive to get to the source. Hope they can find the time to give another clue.
    If you email me I can send you a link of ALL our pics to date on our newly constructed house. It will never be 100% done because I have a husband that likes to take on projects. Current one is painting the entire interior, one room at a time. UGH...... But you can at least see the layout.
    I'm so sorry about your daughter's dog. I'm an avid dog lover so I know how she must be hurting over her baby.
    email: amackinney@aol.com by the way, my name is Anne.
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    Will do Anne. Thanks
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    Anne, just sent you an email. Thanks
  • margeagin
    11 years ago
    The picture with the two labs is from the artist Ashley Collins who is in Venice, CA or at least represented in the LA area It has the feeling of a collage
  • margeagin
    11 years ago
    The picture with the two labs is from the artist Ashley Collins who is in Venice, CA or at least represented in the LA area It has the feeling of a collage
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Margeagin - Well after googling Ashley Collins she isn't just your everyday person that likes to paint. She's very well know with very expensive pieces. But, I did enjoy looking at her website and her work. Again, Thank you for information.
  • bamamom
    11 years ago
    margeagin, thank you for the information.
  • jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    11 years ago
    I found this website http://www.artistrising.com/products/65676/Dog-loyal-.htm. May be helpful $ wise
  • muffyletta
    11 years ago
    Best of Breed by Mary Calkins is very close to lab pic!
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you muffyletta. I will certainly look into your suggestion.
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much, jackiehowie. How ironic that a year ago we lived in Columbia for 3 years. I have looked at her website and it seems as if she has my idea in mind. I shall contact her and she what her prices are like.
  • margeagin
    10 years ago
    It is an original piece of art done by Ashley Collins, an artist in California
  • Cornelia Jones
    10 years ago
    Amackinney, can you tell me on your new home, did you use Bellastone or Versetta stone in the front?
  • amackinney
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Cornelia Jones - check out this website for the stone that we used: http://www.centurionstone.com At the moment I can't remember the name of the stone. I do remember that I wanted a certain amount of the red to show to go with the windows and our builder said it involved a certain percentage of each color to come up with color combination. Maybe this pic will show you more of the color variations.