Do you like the stone for the fireplace?
den135
I am considering using this stone on the fireplace. The furniture in the room is light, but the entertainment unit and fireplace will be dark. Thoughts?
Bryce Engstrom: Architect
Can't quite tell from the picture, but is the hearth just framed, or are there two different types of marble on that? Anyway, generally speaking, I would not put a dark stone above a light hearth. The dark stone will not appear to be supported visually. I think ideally, you would have the same stone on the vertical portion of the hearth as you would on the wall surrounding the fireplace, and just have that marble or whatever it is on the horizontal portion of the hearth only.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:20AM
den135
The fireplace is only framed in. There is no stone or tile on anything.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:44AM
den135
I would do the stone on the hearth as well, just as slabs instead of stacked stone.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:58AM
Jane Antonacci Interior Design
I am concerned about the heavy quality of the color, though I like the stone very much. If the entire room is painted off white and you are doing a black and white, modern room it could be great. I would paint the entertainment piece white also and then te stone would be a graphic accent to the room. The dark wood and dark stone are too heavy together. As an accent I sy yes, otherwise if you have to keep the wood piece dark, use a light grey or white stone.
1 Like   July 13, 2013 at 12:48PM
I woiuld go with colors similar like this:0

2 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 1:04PM
suekat12
I agree with Margo. The black is so flat while the stone margo picked out has nice contrasts and would go well with the floors and woodwork.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 2:15PM
North Star Stone
The stone is beautiful, however we might agree with previous posters on the dark veneer being too much with the dark wood. But if those are the only two dark features, and the furniture and paint are very light, it would probably turn out all right and compliment each other nicely.
0 Likes   July 15, 2013 at 1:46PM
Help in tying rooms together
I love Houzz but this is my very first post! My main...
Green
I never see green walls in bedroom. Does anyone have...
I need ceiling help!
we are inn the process of buying a home that the previous...
New apt...please help with living room design
Just moved into new apt and buying furniture piece...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...