Need help with kitchen color
bmanthe
What paint color would you recommend in a kitchen with honey oak cabinetry and light colored countertops?

Thanks for the help.
Pick a color that relates to the cabinets.
July 13, 2013 at 6:30pm   
Amy Stanley
What colors do you have in your decor?
July 13, 2013 at 6:55pm   
bmanthe
Thank you for the suggestions so far. We recently moved into our home and the rest of the house is very neutral in color. We are kind of looking to the kitchen to set the tone. The flooring and carpet throughout the house is very neutral too. The kitchen is quite large with an open concept with the dining area.
July 13, 2013 at 6:59pm   
hellolimetime
I like the blues with the honey

July 13, 2013 at 7:48pm   
maryfowlie
Mountain Lane
July 13, 2013 at 8:15pm   
If you want more modern go blues, if you want more casual, earthy go sage green.
July 13, 2013 at 8:25pm     
Amy Stanley
I tend to favor shades of blue over green do you have a preference of the two? Also what do you have for furnishings?
July 18, 2013 at 7:15am   
bmanthe
We really like the blue idea. We have tried to use blues in our last home and never seemed to get the hue just right. Either to bright or not blue enough. Thanks for all the help everyone.
July 18, 2013 at 6:58pm   
Amy Stanley
My kitchen is a Faded Denim and I have compliments from everyone who has seen it- I had Sherwin Williams color match but here is the color: http://products.ebates.com/creative_ideas_for_color_by_valspar_8_oz_paint_sample_faded_denim_ci3fadeddenim_1132129060.php
July 18, 2013 at 7:06pm   
Amy Wax
There are a lot of colors that would go beautifully with your cabinetry. I think what is important is to not have the color so bright that it overshadows the colors you already have in the space. I created an app called Color911. ( find out more about it at Color911.com) You can create your own palette of colors OR take/find a photo of something that inspires you and pull the colors from it.. or check out the color themes. Within the app are many pre-made color themes that are colors that all work beautifully together. You can choose any number of colors within a theme and use the colors for everything from wall color to accent colors, dish towels... you name it. I have been an award winning color consultant and have authored two best selling books on color. I created the color themes myself. I attached your you a theme to use as your guide... it incorporates colors I think would go well with what you have already in the space. What I have done is chosen colors from a theme and taken it to the paint store and they matched it. I've done it several times. There are lots of themes to choose from, I thought this would work if the colors feel right for you. I hope this inspires you!
July 18, 2013 at 7:09pm     
maryfowlie
I am doing a kitchen remodel and need your help. Somehow I can't access color 911. I have a used brick wall and am going to do oak cabs and a copper sink. I also have stainless appliances. Will do granite counters. What color do you suggest for the walls and granite? I was thinking a "muddy" peach paint >
July 18, 2013 at 7:17pm     
Chocolate .
July 18, 2013 at 7:18pm   
giniaginia
fresh green
July 18, 2013 at 7:50pm   
Sue Fehser
I say ick with blue.... I like... I mean, I Love blue....but just not with honey oak cabinets. Dark blue looks great with white cabinets or wainscoting or white trim. Just my opinion! I have honey cabinets in my kitchen and I LOVE the cinnamon color I painted, using a linen (offwhite) trim color. It is Benjamin Moore Morrocan spice. Look it up. You will not be disappointed. Trust me ;)
July 18, 2013 at 8:02pm     
bmanthe
Thanks again for all your help everyone. Amy Wax, your selections were awesome and your credentials speak for themselves. Thank you for taking the time to put that palette together. It will be used soon.
July 30, 2013 at 7:51pm   
NEED HELP WITH kITCHEN.
I am remodeling my kitchen. My kitchen combines with...
Please help me create a romantic bedroom!
I saw this quilt in the PB store, fell in love with...
Gray owl paint
I recently painted my bedroom walls with Gray Owl....
Need help with my paint selection
Do you think I can use a "Greige" paint color with...
Lookings for opinions/suggestions on house plan
We are building a one level home for our family, husband...