What color should I used for a backsplash? Help
mspennyq
I feel that my gray countertop it too dark and I don't want my kitchen to look too gray as well
deemenendez
The cabinets and the countertop are beautiful. If brightening the look appeals to you, try adding some coppery/ orange shades in the backsplash. I think accessorizing with bright green would tie the different colors nicely.
1 Like   July 13, 2013 at 9:21PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
Here are a few suggestions. What style are you thinking?
4 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:21PM
Wyland Interior Design Center
You could mix the random linear tiles by cutting them into strips and use them with lighter 3x6 subway tile. Here is a drawing example of what I mean.
0 Likes   July 13, 2013 at 9:30PM
1 Like   July 13, 2013 at 9:44PM
mspennyq
Thanks guys these are such good ideas.. I am leaning more towards arabesque or octagon shaped tiles or either I don't mind mixing the subway tiles as well any tips for a design? @wyland interior design center
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 7:17AM
Amy Wax
You countertop, all you need is a color plan to give you guidance. Sometimes I would stick with the black & white motif, but there are other options. I created an app called Color911. It provides color inspiration in many ways. You can create your own color palettes, take a photo of what inspires you and pull colors from it, or what I think would help you the most is using the pre made color themes. That way you can choose colors for anything in the whole room.In the app are many themes of colors that work together beautifully. I chose a color theme that I think would go really well with your grey counter. There are many that would work this is just one sample ( screen shot for the Color911 app). I hope it inspires you!
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 7:47AM
Amy Wax
Here is another color theme with grays in it from the Color911 app that is more colorful. There are a lot to choose from within the color911 app.. Wanted to show you another direction you can go in by using another theme for a completely different look! - good luck with it!
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 7:53AM
Wyland Interior Design Center
Here are some others:

1). Statements Tile- Noblesse 3
2). Statements Tile - Tosca http://www.statementstile.com/

Or maybe something from Stone Impressions? They can custom paint the tiles to match what ever you need. Their tile patterns can be painted onto several different color travertines and marbles.

3). Stone Impressions Tile- Alta-Lena. The rusty brown color could be paint more like the floor color in a lighter shade.
4). Stone Impressions Tile- Colony-stone-tile-border-Color-Wash-Silhouette. Again the design could be changed to colors that you would want to bring in. As long as you have a little of the gray to pull in the countertops, you could mix almost any other color combination with the gray into your kitchen.
1 Like   July 14, 2013 at 8:33AM
Wyland Interior Design Center
1). For a more modern or transitional look:
Statements Tile- Polly White. This tile is 10x20 size. You could have a tile contractor cut it down the middle and place it has the first row next to counter. Then find maybe a pencil liner to match one of the colors has the second row. Then above the two rows go with a white subway tile laid vertically or go with white 4x4 tile laid diagonally.
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 8:42AM
Staged for Perfection
Do you want to keep the room neutral or do you want to add some color?

Here is an example with some color. By the way you can also search through the Susan Jablon Gallery on their website to get ideas
http://www.susanjablon.com/gallery/p#another-shot-of-the-glass-tile-kitchen-backsplash.html
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 8:45AM
chrispietersen
http://www.heathceramics.com/home/pages/tile-build/designing-with-heath-tile/installation-inspiration-1
I would personally go for a Blue / Grey of Jade / Grey tile, in a slightly more "organic" pattern / textured feel.
Some amazing Tiling and Kitchen Splash Back ideas / concepts from the Absolute Masters of Heath Ceramics! All the best, and Enjoy!
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 8:54AM
giniaginia
sunshine...
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 9:07AM
giniaginia
sea..
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 9:08AM
applecandi
I believe the stainless steel look will add dimension as well as remain neutral and provide light source.
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 9:40AM
ilanabuchsbayew
A pretty off white subway tile or a grey and white herringbone pattern (marble if you coukd afford it...)would look so pretty!
0 Likes   July 14, 2013 at 4:23PM
N.O.R,LLC
I would say nice white would be nice with accent touch of border
here is the sample of the job we recently did for client ,we split these small textile pieces and design the border.
its white back splash but not plain.
1 Like   July 14, 2013 at 8:41PM
Glass Tile Store
The mirrored backsplash idea is great. Or if you don't want it too reflective, you can opt for steel tiles instead http://www.glasstilestore.com/collection/metal-tiles/stainless-steel-tiles.html
0 Likes   July 15, 2013 at 2:27PM
Dana Perez
I absolutely love the 1" mosaic tile I chose in my bathroom, because it has so many colors in it...white, brown, gray, orange...and is a mixture of glass and stone. It's Tessera Square Tundra Glass and Stone Mosaic Wall Tile from Home Depot. I think it would tie in your countertop and your floor tile beautifully.
0 Likes   July 15, 2013 at 2:44PM
Wyland's picture on the top right mixes the cream of your beautiful cabinets with just a touch of the neutral gray in a stone that is particularly beautiful. Arabesque / morrocan profile tiles are likely to become dated more quickly than something classic - but I will take that to mean you want a more traditional look than this style. Perhaps you can find a square / old world/ rustic print tile that uses cream and gray together in a more traditional way. If not, stick with a neutral stone in the cut you love.
0 Likes   July 15, 2013 at 2:56PM
Need to Update my Kitchen!
We are getting ready to sell. If possible, we would...
S Koko
Home Office / Guest-room Decorating Dilemma
I am stumped at what to do with the wall over the futon...
colmnewhouse
Sauce Eggplant Chandelier Challenge.
I have made a deal with the devil. Well, not the devil...
toatsmcgoats
living room
what color of curtains should i put
jtpatito4
I need help choosing paint colours for my open concept main floor
Our main floor is very boxy. Kitchen and dining room...
kimba86