Leigh
October 4, 2011 in Photo Questions
could someone provide me with type of area rug to put in bath... over tile... able to get a bit wet please?
bepsf
I hate carpets and rugs in bathrooms - They're just nasty!

Much prefer a simple terrycloth bathmat that can be tossed in the wash with the towels.
October 4, 2011 at 9:22am   
mooregraphix
I have the same question. Let me know if you find an answer.
October 4, 2011 at 1:32pm   
Leigh
I have washable matts,(but do wash separately from the towels) but in the winter the tile gets chilly. I would like an area rug that matches the decor of our ensuite for that season. I wouldn't consider putting in wall to wall carpet year round... it isn't really that sanitary. ... I agree. If I hear of anything I will get back to you mooregraphix. I am VERY new to this site... just finding my way around.
October 4, 2011 at 5:34pm   
nashvilleave
I have the same issue. Want something larger than a bath mat but easy to throw in the washer.
May 28, 2012 at 2:01pm   
athtex
I typically use Indoor/Outdoor Rugs- they come in a multitude of prints/sizes now. I take them outside & hose them down, let dry- clean rug!
May 28, 2012 at 9:42pm   
Leigh
thank you Athlex I really appreciate the idea.
May 30, 2012 at 4:34am   
Leigh
Thank you Nashvilleave... I don't think the size of the matt I am wanting would have to be an indoor/outdoor type or one that would have to be cleaned by a carpet cleaner.... one that would cover the main area of the ensuite.
May 30, 2012 at 4:40am   
For all the reasons others have noted, I really wouldn't recommend it. But having said that, I will admit that our guest bathroom, which has only a claw foot tub and is hardly ever used, is carpeted in an indoor-outdoor oatmeal-colored Berber because my very elderly mother (who was our most frequent guest for long visits) said the floors were cold and she needed carpeting. We put a pretty, small, washable rug over the carpet in front of the tub, and we launder that one after guests visit. It isn't ideal, but in a low-use bathroom it hasn't been a problem.
May 30, 2012 at 4:46am     
michigammemom
Take a look at a Swedish woven vinyl rug. They are available in beautiful patterns, are moisture resistant and completely machine washable.
May 30, 2012 at 6:20am   
Tobi Fairley Interior Design
This is a wool rug from Jonathan Adler. I would likely use a bathmat over it when getting out of the shower but when just using this guest bath as a powder room and not a shower, I put the bathmat away and this stays cozy and chic.
June 17, 2012 at 10:05am   
Leigh
thank you Tobi... I don't really want to invest a ton of money for a designer rug... but we plan to stay in this home for quite some time... gives me food for thought... so you have given me inspiration. A very bit THANK YOU again.
June 17, 2012 at 2:28pm   
If you could change one thing about your house...
...what would it be? Tell us in the comments! If...
Is this going to look really bad?
I have a beam over the sink in my kitchen. Technically...
Kitchen cabinet closings
We just paid a fair amount of money for a kitchen ....
Trying to decide best color for future new area rug for Den
My contemporary home has a backyard view of a mid size...
Keep, Donate or Repupose
We all have items in our home that we have kept through...