Color help for entire house.....
Kitty
July 15, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So I purchased a home with a kitchen that was recently done in dark wood and warm yellow backsplash - the kitchen and entire house are painted in warm yellows almost gold and warm greens - my eye is always drawn to cooler colors like RH silver sage and gray or navy. The kitchen is at the center of the home so I need to have it flow to the other rooms - should I just go with the colors I like or am I stuck with the warm color palette? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated...Im also in the westchester NY area so If there is anyone who does this type of work let me know. Thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
creeser
Go with colors you like. There are grays that have a hint of brown, what my daughter refers to as 'greige', that can still give you the warmth, but stay in the colors you like. Look at Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. It is a gray-ish color, that can look more beige or silver sage, depending on the light. Husband just had all the walls in a small spec house he's building painted in it. Standing in one room and looking through to another, it looked like 2 different paint colors because of light.
   Thanked by Kitty    July 15, 2013 at 3:51AM
Kitty
this color is amazing thank you!! it looks like it could be in my granite too which would be amazing...
   July 15, 2013 at 4:00AM
creeser
You're welcome. My daughter just repainted her living room and kitchen with that color which is where hubby had the idea to use it in his build. She has dark expresso cabinets and flooring and it really looked great with them. I'm just amazed at the difference in tones the same paint can have.
   July 15, 2013 at 4:33AM