Color help for entire house.....
Kitty
So I purchased a home with a kitchen that was recently done in dark wood and warm yellow backsplash - the kitchen and entire house are painted in warm yellows almost gold and warm greens - my eye is always drawn to cooler colors like RH silver sage and gray or navy. The kitchen is at the center of the home so I need to have it flow to the other rooms - should I just go with the colors I like or am I stuck with the warm color palette? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated...Im also in the westchester NY area so If there is anyone who does this type of work let me know. Thanks
creeser
Go with colors you like. There are grays that have a hint of brown, what my daughter refers to as 'greige', that can still give you the warmth, but stay in the colors you like. Look at Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. It is a gray-ish color, that can look more beige or silver sage, depending on the light. Husband just had all the walls in a small spec house he's building painted in it. Standing in one room and looking through to another, it looked like 2 different paint colors because of light.
   Thanked by Kitty    July 15, 2013 at 3:51AM
Kitty
this color is amazing thank you!! it looks like it could be in my granite too which would be amazing...
   July 15, 2013 at 4:00AM
creeser
You're welcome. My daughter just repainted her living room and kitchen with that color which is where hubby had the idea to use it in his build. She has dark expresso cabinets and flooring and it really looked great with them. I'm just amazed at the difference in tones the same paint can have.
   July 15, 2013 at 4:33AM
Need help choosing colors for entire house
Living room is painted Bitter Lemon it makes the room...
NEED HELP WITH COLORS….JUST PAINTED ENTIRE HOUSE
WHAT COLOR GUTTERS?? WHITE, BLACK OR A COPPER COLOR?...
Need help picking color palette for entire house
We need to paint the entire house, so I need to pick...
We had a house fire, I have to remodel the entire house, need help!!!!
We have a 3 bedroom house with a really weird floorplan,...
Paint for entire house, help!
We are building a new home and are having a difficult...
Minimal Traditional curb appeal help!
We just bought what I would describe as a Minimal Traditional...
What do you guys think about this furniture arrangement?
I always wanted to add two spaces one for us to watch...
What type of border needed for tiling stairs?
We are planning on taking the wood look porcelain tile...
Toning Down Crazy Tile
We are moving into our new home soon and trying to...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...