What should I do over my new fridge?
geodeemoore
New fridge too tall to leave cabinet. Doing small update with tight budget. (Separating the fridge and stove would be ideal, but not in the budget!) have thought about pot rack or open shelving. Would appreciate ideas and suggestions.
Granite Grannies
What about a wine rack?

Good luck on your remodeling!
July 15, 2013 at 6:41am   
No White Rooms
Could you post a few more pictures to the left of the fridge and range? This image above works because of the variation in height between the wine rack and cabinet. While I like this idea, I think I will end up look a bit clunky if you fill in the full space with a rack. I'm getting the feeling that removing the upper cabinet boxes and centering open shelving (per your suggestion) on the wall will be the easiest/most cost effective.
July 15, 2013 at 6:47am   
guest2013
Will the heat be a prob? Or light? Just my $.02 but anything open will be a DUST magnet. Ooh, I hate dusty in the kitch above a food storage thing. Gotta get on a ladder, remove items, dust, replace... I say enclosed cabinet.
July 15, 2013 at 6:48am     
cmw1700
Check with your local building supply company or a good kitchen contractor. The original cabinets and doors can most likely be cut down to fit the reduced height and be rehung above the refrigerator. My friends just did that very thing in their kitchen and it worked out beautifully.
July 15, 2013 at 6:51am     
Granite Transformations
I was going to suggest the wine rack too, good thinking Granite Grannies! I think it's the perfect spot for one and it would look great, while keeping cost down to update that area.

Good luck!
July 15, 2013 at 7:02am     
susan9692
Maybe a "garage" for appliances you don't use very often (don't forget the climbing to reach it all). Don't know if you use holiday dishes or some speciality serving platters you don't use very often either. A shorter cabinet of sorts would probably be your best bet. I had the same exact situation when I re-faced my cabinets, so I just use that cabinet for infrequent used stuff like my deep fryer and some very delicate champagne glasses.
July 15, 2013 at 1:09pm   
vjs12
Was the cabinet the length of the one on the left of the fridge? If so, you could cut the cabinet off about (looks like) 1-2" and slide the fridge back under it. It works great and looks like the fridge is built in.
July 15, 2013 at 1:18pm   
0825sam
Shelf with cookbooks

July 15, 2013 at 1:25pm   
need help in my kitchen
My floors cannot be changed, they are terra stone....
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Need help in open kitchen design
Hi Guys, I bought an apartment recently but the...
Please help me design my barren conference room. .
I own a company where I sell and design custom websites....
White glass subway or carrera subway with black/white granite
Help! Should I do white glass subway tiles or carrera...