Back splash suggestions for my kitchen remodel, please
Marcia Marshall
I'd like to give these Ikea cabinets a custom look in my kitchen remodel. My counter will be Caesarstone London Gray. I'm hanging opaque glass pendants..off white with a touch of gray. My biggest challenge seems to be finding an affordable, striking tile that is not too busy with the cabinets subtle grain. Should I keep this room monochromatic or introduce a color in the back splash? If so, what would be the best color(s)? Also, should I stop the tile at cabinet height? A stainless steel exhaust hood will be mounted between the wall cabinet and pantry cabinet. This will extend to the ceiling height. Thank you for your suggestions!
0825sam
The London Grey is marble look right? If so I would do a white tile in a larger format subway tile for a more contemporary look for your backsplash like a 6x12 or 4x12.
July 15, 2013 at 5:18pm      Thanked by Marcia Marshall
Marcia Marshall
yes, the London Gray is a marble look, but not a real white color
July 15, 2013 at 6:04pm     
0825sam
Given the cabinet height I think I'd run the tile just to the bottom of the hood as in this photo. The backsplash in this photo (I prefer in your kitchen in white or light grey glass ) is a more contemporary way of arranging a larger subway tile.

July 15, 2013 at 6:16pm      Thanked by Marcia Marshall
Can you use two different carpets in a house?
Hi all, I desperately need some advice, sorry no pics...
Undermount sink questions
We've got an undermount sink installed in out granite...
Guest bed drama! Advice for twin XL pop up trundle
I'm looking for a twin XL bed frame that is high enough...
Interior paint dilemma
I have most of the common areas throughout my home...