Living w tile that looks like wood?
swabadie
Before I commit to doing my main floor in the porcelain tile that looks like hardwood I'd like to ask anybody if they have it if they have any regrets. I have three small kids and four dogs. I love the real thing but i know it's not for my lifestyle. I know I'm crazy for considering a kitchen remodel but since I'm doing the kitchen why not to the whole downstairs? I would like your opinion if you have it in a large area and picked it because of pets and/or kids.
Stamps Design Services
I have known of others who have chosen tile that looks like wood planks, they seemed quite pleased with it. Most of them chose it because they lived in areas that were high humidity, as well as having children and/or large dogs. They are easy to care for, just swiffer, vacumn or sweep and damp mop....
July 15, 2013 at 11:27pm     
carolynruiz
I have porcelain tile that looks like wood and it was the best decision we made for our floors. It looks incredibly modern and we always get tons of compliments and have had friends copy us with their floors because they liked them so much. We have a dog and two cats plus just had twins. These floors are easy to clean and indestructible. :)
July 15, 2013 at 11:40pm     
LB Interiors
You can't hurt the porcelain. It's great for low mantenance. A note about tile in the kitchen. Be careful not to drop something heavy on it. It may crack. Always buy extra for repairs.
July 16, 2013 at 1:47am   
cbyerman
I am considering this on my main floor - whole house has been destroyed by a water leak so we are replacing all of the floors. Any pics of lighter colored wood look tile? Most of what I see seems to be darker.
July 16, 2013 at 7:30pm   
kathleen MK
A friend with lots of big dogs loves her new porcelain tile that looks like her old hardwood. It's a mid tone color. I'm like cyber man and need a very light bleached oak since hubby won't let me paint the oak paneling.
July 16, 2013 at 8:24pm   
Tom Strott
"but since I'm doing the kitchen why not to the whole downstairs?" I like how you think! I have used it and really like it. My customers loved it.
July 16, 2013 at 8:30pm   
cbyerman
Any particular brands/ styles that any of you prefer?
July 16, 2013 at 8:31pm   
Anne
I have dark brown wood plank look tile in my bath room and I love it. Every one who sees it, thinks it is wood until I point out that it is not. My only complaint is that because it is so dark, you can see dust and yellow lab dog hair easier. I am concerned about the possibility of dropping something and chipping it.
July 16, 2013 at 8:47pm   
armygirl1987
Try Porcelanosa if you are near one. This a color that I am using in mine
July 16, 2013 at 9:02pm   
Facade ideas please for an unbalanced 70s classic
Help! Our recently purchased 1970's home is in dire...
Driveway appeal
I just finished pressure watching my driveway and would...
mixing stone with beadboard?
I am trying to create a rustic, but feminine cottage-look....
Finishing off Master BR
Need help choosing lamps for bedside tables. Pics attached...
Looking to update and improve curb appeal, 60s colonial
The previous owner did not maintain the siding well...