OLLD 7/16

charleeeJuly 16, 2013
Good morning OLLD's! What's happening today?
astraea
Hot .. Hot .. Hot!! I have a relaxing pedicure & manicure this morning; did a shortened 3 mile walk first thing at 5:25 am.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:17AM
I heard the East Coast was getting slammed with heat, and it's supposed to last 5 days! I feel for you!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:20AM
armygirl1987
Morning Bobbi-did not sleep well at all. I need new splints for my hands, the current ones are so cumbersome and I toss and turn because I cannot get comfortable. Turning off until later, have some reading for school and quiz this morning.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:48AM
olldroo
Morning ladies, so far very quiet, I just didn't get to catch up on yesterday.

I was only saying to kd the day before that I wish we could get a nice thunderstorm and today we did. Apparently it is the wrong time of the year for us, but it was quite warm last night and today, even tonight I haven't had the heater on, temps are 8 above normal. A thunderstorm for us is 6 loud bangs and a couple of bucket loads of water but some areas got 15cm in 15 mins. After it passed I happened to look out my kitchen window which overlooks the bush to the next ridge and in 3 places the clouds came down and disappeared behind the ridge. Just looked like 3 tornadoes, even BH had a bit of a shudder, it looked so real.

Sorry you had a bad night Angela - why do you wear splints? I kept waking up last night because it was so warm but I wasn't game enough to toss the blankets off as usually come 5am it can be freezing and that would wake me up too.

Bobbi - does the VP improve the Revere Pewter at all??
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:40AM
armygirl1987
Roo-I have carpal tunnel syndrome, even had the surgery last January but I think it was too far gone. So the splints at nights keeps the hands in place. Get the pain, tingly sensation, the left had is worse than the right hand. Not going to do anymore surgery. Sometimes my hands locks in place in particular my thumb.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:43AM
handymam
Hello everyone! Just got back from "The Work in Progress house." I had no internet and missed all of you!

Hey, anyone know how to get paint off of a hardwood floor without ruining the finish? We took up the carpet and the previous owners must have walked in paint and dripped drops here and there. The floor is in pretty good shape otherwise, so I am not going to refinish it.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:05AM
DIAspoton
i have a gorgeous 9' pre-lit frontgate christmas tree in my driveway. it's going to goodwill today. takes up too much rm in the garage and won't go through the attic door. oh well, i may do a more linear 'forest of narrow funky trees this yr to fit the furniture changes.

cleaned out the ridiculously overcrowded garage yesterday. with help. have a dlr coming tomorrow to to pick up furniture and some smalls and framed prints. 2 small tables still need paint. today is supposed to be sunny then rain the rest of the week.

i have a ballard desk and hutch out there to paint. i'll probably keep it for myself for awhile. sell the mission desk i've been using.
put down a new rug yesterday in greatrm. moving furniture around today.i must have put 8 or 9 paintings and prints over the FP last night. some are okay there.. none are just perfect. hate it when that happens!

Jayme and Robin, sorry you're both having to deal with these problems.
Patty, glad your sister is doing better.
Michele, thanks for the color recommendations. i tried the green trance and as soon as it went up i realized it's very much like Sw sea salt which i used in my 'garden room'. both very pretty but still not what i'm looking for.
Mp, SW watery was the 1st color i tried. again, pretty but not "IT" for this little rm.

BTW , Sherwin Wms guy tells me there biggest sale of the yr is this wknd. wish Ben Moore would have a sale soon.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:05AM
armygirl1987
DIA-That's good for me, I can pick up paint for the front door.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:08AM
Jayme H.
Good morning everyone!
Thanks DIAspoton, I am fine, things r going ok, and today will focus on little boy, and go watch him practice baseball.
-Hoping to get the pool water balanced and back on track...added algaecide last night.
-Oh Angela...u must have a bad case of the CT..Sorry! Mine is mild and my arms go numb, etc...no pain.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:30AM
Morning everyone (again, you sleepy heads!). Roo, yes it does! Not too much going on today, lots of housework due to The Hubby's day off yesterday. On July 10 someone charged a hotel room to The Hubby's debit card, $600! We tried to get the bank to reverse the transaction but since it hadn't been completed there was nothing they could do. We called the hotel (in Maryland) and got someone's voice mail, left message and no one called back. This morning the transaction is gone! Weird.

I had to get a new phone yesterday, so it will take me some time to learn it. It's a halfway smart phone - it has the screen swipe and the icons but I didn't want to spend the $$$ on a data line so not really a smart phone. I'm getting tired of all this new technology! They should just leave well enough alone for people like me, technology dinosaurs!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:42AM
olldroo
Gosh, Angela, sorry to hear about your CT, I always thought ops for that were pretty straight forward. Nothing worse than that sort of pain when you are trying to sleep. I got a slight dose of that once when the joeys were little, brought on by constantly wringing hand washing and rinsing nappies - we didn't have disposables in those days. Luckily I picked up on it quickly and stopped doing so much and it went away and has never been back.

Handy - lovely to hear from you again!! Can't help you with the paint sorry, I tried to clean up some spots on our flooring before the carpet went down, just to make the floor look nice ........... under carpet???? how anal am I???. Once the paint was dry, there was nothing to be done short of sanding it back.

Mo - congratulations on your clean out - you are doing the OLLDs proud. I love the sound of your forest of narrow trees, gives me ideas. I only do fake trees, our heat knocks them out too quickly.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:44AM
olldroo
Bobbi - how on earth can they charge R's credit card without the card?????? Like you say, technology is going haywire. Congratulations on your new phone, I haven't even seen them, let alone have any idea what you are talking about. If you are a dinosaur, what does that make me.

Glad you have an improvement on the RP.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:47AM
DIAspoton
Jayme, you sound much better today. a melt down every once in awhile can be cleansing. a much needed release.
i miss having a pool for both relaxing and exercise. but not the daily maintenance. swore i'd never have another til i can afford a cute pool boy! so i will may NEVER have another pool! alot of people switching to salt water and have good things to say about it. the worst part is that, unlike chlorine, salt water attracts snakes. ick...
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:50AM
kimdee24
Good morning and afternoon, lovelies!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:57AM
kimdee24
You know, I've been in this house for a year already and I am still not used to the sound that the water softener system makes when it's doing it's recharge thing. Sounds like it's flooding my basement or something. I really need to get into that utility room and insulate.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:09AM
olldroo
I did not know salt water attracts snakes. Interesting when many here are switching. My gym uses a UV ray system that seems to work great and then only a very small amount of chlorine is used. The water is gloriously fresh to swim in.

Mo - go for the cute pool boy!!!

Kd - do you have hard water or something?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:20AM
kimdee24
Ms Roo -- yes, very hard water in Edmonton. The water softener might just have been the best purchase I made for this house. No more cleaning gunk off the faucets and my glass shower stays cleaner longer.

Good news -- my designer approves of the area rug. I can't wait for it to arrive.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:29AM
olldroo
I was thinking this is probably the reason so many people over there don't use stainless steel sinks either - I often wondered why when they are the most commonly used sink here.

FANTASTIC ............. glad you got the seal of approval. How long till you get it?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:36AM
kimdee24
Stainless steel sinks are quite common in my area, they seem to be quite easy to clean even with the hard water. It's the taps and showerheads that get buildup of calcium and whatnot.

I got an email yesterday that indicated it would be shipping within the next 4-7 days. So it could be two weeks before it arrives (boo!). So much for instant gratification! But it will be worth the wait I am sure.
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:42AM
Linda
Really muggy here. We had an isolated thunderstorm here yesterday and after that it was outrageously humid. I had to go to AutoZone for a new car battery and every time we walked out of the store my glasses fogged up. All the store windows were fogged up and it was so soupy you could practically see the water vapor in the air. The dew point was like 75 degrees with air temperature only a couple degree higher.

Today is still humid, and will be really ugly later when it gets hot. We gave in and put in the window AC in our bedroom so I kept waking up during the night when it kicked on.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:44AM
olldroo
Don't you just hate it when the humidity fogs up your glasses!!!!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:47AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Morning ladies.......been MIA, I know, have had a lot going on over the weekend and yesterday I took a day to recoup. We loaded 2,100 lbs of chipped mortar and broken brick debris into the truck took it to the landfill and then unloaded 2,100 libs of the stuff. Then we pressure washed and moved 320 salvaged solid brick, 210 wired scored face brick and about 160 fire brick to the back driveway for storage.......Sunday we spent with the daughter and the grandkids for a family Olympics Day.......kind of a tradition for the start of their vacation.

Today will be a hot one, but the early morning was beautiful.....watched the sun come up while sipping on my first cup of coffee on the steps. Two houses down from us the home owners have 3 or 4 tall pine trees in their backyard. One of them is dead or dying and has bare branches, but it is also the home to a Cooper's Hawk nest. We have been observing the hawk and her nestlings for the past month or so, this weekend the nestlings started making the test flights from the nest.........the first couple of attempts weren't all the pretty, but by Sunday they were flying with the momma around the neighborhood..............interestingly, the neighbor with the wild feral cat pride in his backyard is minus one kitten.........to bad it didn't get the litter breeding momma cat who is carrying another litter already.............the little slut.

Not doing much today. Need to work out the details, angles and dimensions of my form work for the new steps. so I can get all the pieces cut later this week.

If I had a pool it would definitely be a salt water pool.........I had my fill of chlorinated pools growing up (my job to keep up pool) and I would definitely have a waterfall grotto to go with it where I could hide with a big Gin & Tonic in the evenings.

Houzz needs to rethink their DD forum.......or something. It's become so trashed with mindless postings now that I don't even bother to look through it any more......(off my soap box now).

Well ladies, need to get working on productive stuff...............have a good day and behave, don't make me come back in here and start dispensing spankins............though, I sense some of you would relish the notion. TTFN
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:52AM
armygirl1987
It is raining here too, think this hurricane season will be a wet one. Poor dogs, they have to stay cooped up in their cages.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:53AM
Linda
Handymam - to get the paint off the floor, start with figuring out the finishes. I'm guessing the floor is older so likely an oil based finish but check it with alcohol to see if it is shellac (put some denatured or rubbing alcohol in a hidden spot and see if it gums up the finish, if so, you have shellac). If it is oil base floor finish and latex paint, try goof off. If you have shellac finish, try mineral spirits which will cut the dirt and grime without touching the finish. If it is oil paint on oil floor finish, try to pop it with a window scraper or utility knife blade. Sometimes a very carefully wielded sharp chisel will pop the paint spots without disturbing the floor surface.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:54AM
kimdee24
The humidity is still high here after all that rain, 76% right now and it's 50% in the house!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:54AM
armygirl1987
My grass looks like a wilderness, landscaping people came last Thursday, started left, did not finish, did not leave me a note. I called he was not home, asked for an explanation and almost a week later nothing. guess it is time to find someone else.
S. Thomas Kutch
Angela.... you could post a sign, "Lion Country Safari Annex" and take in abused wild lion and tigers..........that would be fun and you wouldn't have to worry about burglars.......just a thought.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:03AM
olldroo
Kutchie, don't you have some housework to do!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:04AM
armygirl1987
STK-honestly with all the dogs that I have here to include a pitbull. Aint (that is not a word) no body crazy enough to come in this yard.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:06AM
mpoulsom
morning olld ladies and STK!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:43AM
armygirl1987
Morning MP...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:44AM
How's it going, MP?
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:48AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Roo.........it's not Friday. Friday is housework day..
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 9:10AM
mpoulsom
I'm sitting at work...doing not much of anything! I get off at 4 today and then going to the Foodie for dinner tonight. The "All-you-can-stand" Chinese buffet!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:09AM
mpoulsom
It's actually full blown sunshine today! How weird! It's blinding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:10AM
kimdee24
mp -- I feel the same way! Beautiful blue Alberta sky and not a cloud in sight, with only the slightest breeze. Gorgeous. This is how summer is supposed to be!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:22AM
astraea
It's about 96 degrees here on the Jersey shore! Out all morning, and had to immediately replace the water for the birds when I got home.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:30AM
mpoulsom
that's crazy talk astraea! J talked to his mom and she said 100 there as well! So bizarro! We have switched weather on the east coast! you guys are hotter than us! It is supposed to be hot here all week. Today there may be a slight chance of a late afternoon thunderstorm, and the rest of the week likely the same thing.
KD, so glad you are having a normal summer day! Hope rob's basement dries out! That poor thing.

I'm still investigating florida vacation options......I have no idea where we may end up! I want to take the dogs, but that makes it more complicated. Fooey is no prob, Dali is "kind of" a problem. Fooey would stay in an air conditioned room all day and sleep. I want to take Dali to the beach! :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:01AM
Jayme H.
Still working on eradicating algae
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:02AM
handymam
Linda! Thanks for your help! I knew there was some way to test what was used, but I couldn't remember it. All I know is it wasn't poly because the house is from 1959. Thanks, I will try seeing what it is in a closet first!
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:08AM
Anyone else bored?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:39AM
kimdee24
MEEEEEE! So quiet here today....
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:44AM
Me too! Nothing to even complain about, it's not even hot outside! Just beautiful right now. At the end of the week we're supposed to get hammered with high heat so I'll save my complaining for then!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:48AM
pattyannb
Hi all!
Well, it started out to be a nice day... It was supposed to be in the 90's... Now it's supposed to be 84 with thunder storms...Oh well... we need the rain... Yes, it does dry out even here...
It's getting cloudy...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:17PM
astraea
Bored? Before I finish going thru the last couple of days mail, I get the next batch! I need an assistant!
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:17PM
pattyannb
Has anyone heard from Robin today? Sure hope here home is OK...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:18PM
pattyannb
Astraea... you can have my mail... I usually throw the junk out at the post office, but the bills are a pain...
It's like, yeah, I know...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:19PM
kimdee24
I haven't seen her today. I too am hoping her basement isn't too much of a mess. I really feel for her, because that really sucks.

I need to go dry my hair before it stays like this. I am sooooo lazy today. It's Tuesday ladies league golf this afternoon, and I haven't played for a whole week, so I am hoping the break did me some good and I'll play well today. Our AGM is also tonight so I'll play as many holes as I can, hopefully at least to 16 before I have to go in for that.

I walked down to the mailbox HOPING that the disk the builder promised me was there, but nothing again today. Erf. Nothing but one lonely cable bill.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:21PM
pattyannb
Kim, you must have thick beautiful hair... Mine is thin, and grey... Well Mr. Redkin takes care of the color...
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:29PM
armygirl1987
I am sitting in class bored. I hare research. Boooo as Robin would say
armygirl1987
Have research
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:30PM
mpoulsom
angela, i'm almost as excited as you are about seeing your bedroom finished! I can't wait!! lol!
It is going to look so different and beautiful! I know you're gonna love it!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:42PM
I need a project! I have to sit here and not take on anything big, waiting for the Directv guy.....
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:45PM
kimdee24
Patty -- I have LOT of hair...and it takes forever to dry, especially when it's long like this. My color comes out of a bottle too, sadly. My natural hair color is so.... mousy. And the sun makes it even blonder... too blonde at times but I can't seem to get my colorist to back off on the blonde a bit.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 12:54PM
armygirl1987
Me too, me too, tiling is Friday. Schedule furniture for next friday. Need t
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:14PM
armygirl1987
Mp- you should come down to South Florida
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:15PM
armygirl1987
I might do a trip to GA and NC and hoping you on the route.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:16PM
I guess I'll wash the windows while I'm waiting. Man, my life is exciting :))
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:25PM
handymam
bobbi, don't you know that if you start something and get in the middle of it, that is when the repairman/cable/plumber shows up? :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:27PM
Ain't that the truth, Handy?
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:50PM
armygirl1987
Where is Michele
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:52PM
handymam
Yup. Or I get on here and my husband comes home early, lol!

I am searching for pics today of retaining walls. The house has a slope up the back. I would like to carve out a circular part and make a retaining wall. And then, a firepit in the circle with chairs around. I only found 2 pics and put them in my ideabook titled next house.
handymam
I think Michelle is away for a couple of days Angela!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:53PM
What do you all think of this lamp? To me, the proportions are completely off! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/561854/Newly-Released--Tustin-Lamp-
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 2:11PM
Jayme H.
@bobbi......the shade for sure is not right! It seems to be very rustic & that shade is not.
    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 16, 2013 at 2:51PM
DIAspoton
bobbi, the tripod shape screams camera to me so the shade should be black and angular rather than white and round. it would be more appealing as a tall but not too wide at the base floor lamp.
    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 16, 2013 at 3:21PM
mefor
Hey chick-itas, I was pretty sick today. Woke up at 3 with a raging headache and churning tummy. Took until about 3 this afternoon to feel human again. Not feeling 100%, but since I was feeling less than zero, I'll take it :)
Angela, I told you to use louvered doors weeks ago, because of humidity, you also could put your nitestand on sliders to get to right side of closet more easily. I'm really glad the tile is just around the corner.
Mo, you're welcome, sorry it wasn't quite right.
Bobbi, hope you're directv guy has shown up so you can do something.
Handy, nice to see you again :)
I missed everyone today!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:22PM
mefor
Handy, I have pics for you, retaining wall/fire pit ideas, should I post them here?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:31PM
pattyannb
I agree about the lamp you guys... Just doesn't look right... And I certainly wouldn't pay that much money for it...
    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 16, 2013 at 3:33PM
pattyannb
mforr... Sorry you aren't feeling well today.. (see I can really spell feeling..) I just hate not to feel right..
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:35PM
mefor
Thanks pattyann :)
How's your sister feeling today? Taking it easy I hope
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:48PM
pattyannb
Yes she is mforr... Doctors orders... Just talk to her & she said she is just normal... pft...
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 16, 2013 at 3:53PM
pattyannb
I hate it when people make a big deal out of me too, but don't think I would be as stubborn as she is...
If my face ever goes numb... it's 911 for me!
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:55PM
mefor
Good girl, never mess around with that kind of feeling, even if you're wrong, it's not worth taking a chance.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:59PM
armygirl1987
Michele- i was worried about you. Miss you
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:10PM
mefor
Thanks, it's nice to be missed. I was knocked for a loop. I never get bugs or colds or the flu. I have enough on my plate with other chronic things. My resistance for the everyday stuff is pretty strong. Feeling much better now.
Are you still at school?
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:13PM
armygirl1987
Yes until 9
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:15PM
mefor
Ouch, long day. But totally worth it in the end :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:16PM
mefor
I show up and everyone leaves? I feel like Rodney Dangerfield :(
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:44PM
nasmijati
For those of you who are a bit bored...

Here is a fun project and you can eat it afterward!
8 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:45PM
armygirl1987
I am here Michele
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:46PM
pattyannb
How fun eztia... I made a watermelon shark for my son's 1st birthday many moons ago... That was really fun!
But this is more of an adult one!
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:48PM
Michele! Don't be sick in the summertime, that's no fun. Save it for a yucky, rainy day!

EZ, you have no idea how good that looks right now!

Pattyann, I'm so happy your sis is doing better! Even if you don't think she's normal :))
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:53PM
mefor
How cute, little bitty barbecue grill, awww
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:53PM
mefor
Bobbi, I'll try to remember that good advice. Did you seduce the satellite guy yet, I mean did he show up yet? Hehehe :p
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:57PM
Funny! Yep, he finally showed up and tightened three loose cables. Grrrr.....
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 4:58PM
nasmijati
For those of you who have had too much rain to mow the lawn, here is a sign to put in the yard...
Hmmm. If the photo is blurry, the sign says, "Retired lawn."

I am also including a of photo of a lawn turned into wildflower garden. Smile. :)
4 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by charleee    July 16, 2013 at 5:03PM
mefor
I like that idea and I love the wildflowers. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:15PM
nasmijati
@mforr. There are several homes-turned-small-business in my part of town that have wildflowers instead of lawns. I will try to take some photos while I am out and about this next week...
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:30PM
mefor
Thank you EZ, these are for you ;)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:40PM
nasmijati
We finally get rain and what happens? Lighting struck VERY close to my house. Made me literally jump up off the floor. It also fried parts of my new-to-me laptop computer. It was turned off, but plugged in to a surge protector. Lighting just overwhelms the surge protection capacity. Even my iPad is having trouble receiving e-mail, and it was not turned on or charging or anything. It might be hard for me to load photos to show you for a while. I will do the best that I can.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:42PM
nasmijati
@mforr. Thank you! I like the green and blue one the best. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:43PM
mefor
Be careful, eztia. Stay away from the electronics and water in your house. Lightning is scary stuff. I hope your computer isn't hurt too badly.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:45PM
mefor
Me too, love the pinwheel. The other one looks like sari fabric and unfortunate bad timing, the yellow and blue looks like lightning. Weird coincidence since your post about strike near house came after I sent pictures, eerie
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:48PM
mefor
Do you have this app? It's called radar cast
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:51PM
mefor
Shows lightning strikes within a minute of strike. Great up to date radar, better than weather channel for timeliness
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:52PM
mefor
This smells good, even on my screen
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:25PM
olldroo
Morning all. Mforr I know the Rodney Dangerfield feeling, I get it every day when I come on here and you guys are done for the day. I thought the same about the last photo and the lightning. Did you see where some woman was hit by lightning twice at a supermarket checkout? She ended up in hospital not badly hurt but fortunately was able to push the trolley with her toddler in out of the way.

I do hope Robin can get to the bottom of her basement problems ......... and soon. Nothing worse than water problems and the stink it leaves behind is almost impossible to get rid of. Water problems also seem to always end up big buck problems too but if it isn't dealt with the bucks add up with the further damage it causes.

Talking lamps - I wasn't that impressed with the tripod one, a bit too commercial for me - but I don't think I showed you the lamp I decided on for my lounge room. Still with wrapping on here.
5 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:26PM
armygirl1987
So, I think that I am really stress, just curse this girl out in class because she was a b.........
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:29PM
Roo, I love your lamp! And all you have to do is sleep during the day and talk to us all night! Easy!

Angela, you're not stressed, you're just right!
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:37PM
armygirl1987
This class is working with families, we are required to interview a group of students and then come up with an intervention mode on how to treat, since we started they have been unavailable so she tells me to email her. OMG, I lost it.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:38PM
mefor
Morning Roo, I know, I always hope that I'll catch you before you go to bed. I feel terrible when I get up and read s your posts after many of us are in bed. Luckily there are a few night owls for you ;)
Weird, that picture and the timing.
I like your funky round lamp.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:39PM
armygirl1987
I think my other personality came out.
armygirl1987
Roo-I am always up so you can yap with me.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:40PM
mefor
Don't let them drag you down Angela, mentally and to their level, you are a strong lady, ladies don't curse out the ignorant, they just feel badly for them and hold their heads high,
Does that sound like a crock? It's not supposed to, you know what mean :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:42PM
armygirl1987
mforr-that was a bunch of crock, cause I had it up to here with their attitudes as if they better than other people in t he class and you want to be a social worker.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:46PM
armygirl1987
Mforr-from the time that I can remember I was always told to do good and good will follow you and I truly believe that and strive to be helpful sometimes at the expense of myself. But sometimes it is like whatever.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:48PM
mefor
Ouch, you must have cut her down to size, glad it wasn't me. Of course I'd never, ever mouth off to a drill sergeant. Or tell her to email me.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:49PM
olldroo
Angela - I think this brat needs a new word in her vocabularly - R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-I-T-Y. The boot would be on the other foot if it were her project.

I'm really thinking I should hit the sack earlier and then get up around 6am and join you guys then. It is just our winter/your summer time difference is the worst, it is amazing the difference 2 hours makes.

What was weird last night too was that Kutchie's second comment came up out of the blue which I thought was a little odd for him, he usually introduces himself first, but this morning his first comment was there. I loved the cat comment, that cracked me up. Sad though how people hate animals that are really the product of irresponsible humans.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:51PM
armygirl1987
Honestly yes I did, yes I did. I had to walk away, plus my group members were getting upset. I had to walk away before I started tearing up, cause when I get really upset........Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Then I find out that other people had been having problem with her and was glad that I told her little butt off.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:53PM
armygirl1987
I realize that now too, his second comments came in and I was thinking the same thing too.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:54PM
armygirl1987
I love my cat and she is just like me. She growls at her own tail and when she wants to go outside.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:55PM
armygirl1987
Michele-so what shall we do about the nightstands now that I have finally come to my senses.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:56PM
olldroo
Glad you liked the lamp - another one of my $2 shop finds. This shop, which is just 5 mins away, is basically a $2 shop but they have a section at the front with all gorgeous homewares that are still great prices. Everything is very trendy of course which I don't mind at all for accessories, and at the moment they have heaps of beach themed stuff. There were a lot of bowls and vases in the same design, even decorative balls, but I felt one thing was enough. DD loved it so much when she was here she was trying to work out how to get one back to LA, it would be perfect for her dining room. I am mad on birds at the moment too and got a pelican at the same time. He doesn't have a permanent home at the moment.
4 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:57PM
mefor
Angela, now I'll always have an image of you growling at your own tail!!! :D
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:57PM
armygirl1987
Those are so cute roo
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:59PM
olldroo
Angela, I wouldn't feel bad about telling her off. Maturity does this to you, as you get older you do take less and less crap from people. When others have been having problems too, they will now respect you and look up to you. ...................and yeah, she obviously doesn't understand "drill sgt" either.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:01PM
olldroo
I gotta go hang my washing.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:02PM
mefor
Love your pelly, Roo
Angela, I like the color of the lighter nightstands with your bed, since the upholstery is like that and you don't have to have all dark furniture. You could also just do one nightstand with a bit more storage in it on one side and skip the one near the closet. But you probably want a more symmetrical look.
armygirl1987
That was what I was thinking get something for left side and then common sense on right side. I am not about symmetry but more common sense. Currently I do not have symmetry
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:06PM
armygirl1987
Most of the ones that I like can go for right side but not for left side.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:08PM
mefor
You know that the bypass closet doors open the whole half of closet at a time. So it's not going to be a small sliver showing on the right side. The whole right side will be on view. If your table is not too deep it may work without having to move table around to get in. Or you can find a really skinny table, but that might look weird, I think I'd rather have no table next to closet than a really skinny one that doesn't really do anything.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:22PM
armygirl1987
Did you see the pic that I post, I turned the current night stand sideways and it open.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:30PM
armygirl1987
You don't think it would look weird with nothing.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:40PM
olldroo
Washing out and had to come in and strip off, it is soooooo hot!!! Only supposed to be 20 deg but it feels way hotter than that. At least the washing will dry. Nice breeze too so have the doonas and pillows out for airing - a few days of this and I will really catch up with everything.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:41PM
Robin W
Good evening all.

I'm hoping for karma points. I helped an elderly lady cross the road today. Stupid crazy parking lot drivers. We even linked arms :)
6 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:42PM
mefor
Angela, take the table away and then look at the room from as far back as you can get. See if it looks weird
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:43PM
mefor
There's your brownie points or scout points or girl guide points depending on what they call the scouts in your area :)
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:44PM
armygirl1987
Weird
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 7:58PM
mefor
I still think if the nitestands are very shallow, front to back, that you will have no problem getting into closet with the bypass doors you like. I used to have ones from ikea years ago that were probably 14-15 inches deep. Plenty big enough for socks and undies and t shirts. I agree that no nitestands look weird
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:02PM
mefor
I've got to turn in, need to be at 100% tomorrow. Nite gals :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:05PM
armygirl1987
Good nighty Michele
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:06PM
mefor
Is there definitely not enough room to turn bed to face the closet?
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:07PM
armygirl1987
Michele-that was what I was trying to say in that I could get the bypass doors. I thought you understood that.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:08PM
armygirl1987
There is but I would have to get the electrician to move the tv that is mounted on back wall.
olldroo
If you don't need the table then I would leave it. To me it doesn't serve any practical purpose except to maybe put a lamp on. I hate having to climb over things or move things to access anything, so I would leave it clear and uncluttered.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:09PM
olldroo
Night Michele, just had a nice FaceTime with GD. Now it is lunch time for me.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:10PM
armygirl1987
Michele-Go to bed, will figure this out.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:10PM
olldroo
Don't know how big your TV is, but could you put it on a swivel so you don't have to move it, but it will still be easy to see from the bed.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:12PM
mefor
I'll bet it's cheaper to get electrician to move tv than to lose your mind over nightstands and closet doors. Things would fit a lot better and you wouldn't block you're lovely large window. I'm not trying to make the decision harder, I'm sure you gave that part a lot of thought before I ever showed up here. But it would give the room more flow. Tell me if I'm making you crazy, I'll stop, don't want my soul sista upset with me :)
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:13PM
armygirl1987
Something like this can work there Roo. I check the dimension.
C:\Users\Neta\Desktop\mid-century-nightstand-g565.htm
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:15PM
mefor
Can't open link
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:16PM
armygirl1987
Michele-not upset with you, just want you to get your rest. I agree and the thought did come to mind about moving it, but we are also talking about running cable cords and I did ask and he look at me like I was crazy. Also would require patching the walls but I will ask him again. It is probably better looking at closet doors than bathroom doors. When I initially bought the house I had the bed that way, not even sure why I moved it.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:18PM
armygirl1987
Michele-I also think that the tables that you have in your house, the ones that we had talked about in the beginning would work too.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:20PM
mefor
Ok, I'll get to bed. Maybe talk to someone else about moving the cable and wires, people do it every day to suit their rooms and so can you with a little know how. Night, girlfriend
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:21PM
armygirl1987
No, I will talk with him again, most of the time I can get him to do whatever I ask him to do. Lol, plus he do not do it for free.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:23PM
mefor
I like the mid century mods, but not with your bed, wrong style I think. I loved the lakeside but I thought studio talked you out of them. They area little country but they are also pretty nice, and you could paint them if the milk white isn't good for you. Even change the knobs with ones from anthropologie if you wanted to. Hmmm... Maybe!!
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:25PM
mefor
Ok this time I'm gone :) whooooooosh
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:26PM
armygirl1987
Alrighty then good night my dear. sleep well and feel better in the morning.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:29PM
armygirl1987
Good night Roo. Have internship in the morning.
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:30PM
olldroo
Angela, maybe sit down and really think the TV issue out. It is pretty much going to be a forever thing so it is worth getting it right especially if it means you have no restrictions on decorating or furniture placement. It is quite common for beds to face wardrobes too so it certainly won't look odd.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:33PM
armygirl1987
I will Roo, I will and thanks for putting up with my OCD.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:35PM
olldroo
No worries, kid, that's what we OLLDs are here for. Now get a good night's sleep.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 8:53PM
armygirl1987
It is freaking pouring here Roo and yes I am in bed with my splint on.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 9:15PM
olldroo
Then enjoy the rain and GO TO SLEEP!!! I'm enjoying an after lunch coffee
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 9:19PM
kimdee24
Oh Mr Ironwood -- you thought you had it rough when we tried to talk you into loudmouth plaid pants/utilikilt for your golf tournament. Tonight, my friend handed me a pink grass skirt that I am expected to wear for my luau themed ladies' member/guest tournament on Thursday.

Oy.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:50PM
olldroo
Well you sure will get a good "swing" with that. What are you doing still up???
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:59PM
kimdee24
Home late from ladies' league golf. Are you having a good day, Ms Roo? Off to bed for me, it's after midnight!
    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:00PM
kimdee24
All I can say is that I'm glad she didn't also hand me a coconut bra... G'nite !
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:13PM
olldroo
Oh, OUCH!!! I could see a wardrobe malfunction on every stroke there. Sleep tight
1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:56PM
astraea
Eztia – Loved the watermelon “basket”! One of the best movies I’ve seen was the original subtitled Chinese version of “Eat, Drink, Man, Woman”, where the father is a master chef at a fancy restaurant. I loved watching him carve the vegetables .. and make Peking Duck!

I’m sorry to hear about the lightning strike & it affecting your computer. Last couple of times there was a bad storm hear, I turned everything off at the power strip .. then unplugged it from the wall!
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 4:59AM
nasmijati
For those of you who know the words but choose not to say them...
6 Likes    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 6:32AM
olldroo
I think as the senior citizens of Houzz we should set a good example.
2 Likes    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 6:37AM
nasmijati
@roo. I agree.
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 6:44AM
mefor
Good girls, gold stars for each of you :)
3 Likes    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 7:18AM
OLLD 6/16
Good Sunday morning! A Happy Father's Day to STK and...
OLLD 3/7
Good morning everyone! What's happening today?
OLLD 2/7
Morning all! Have you seen this ideabook, it's new...
OLLD 8/7
This is in honor of roo's hubby, making spreadsheets...
mefor
OLLD 4/7 - "Outing Day"
Sunday .. whatcha doin'?
astraea
House Colours! Help!
We have a stunning 1850s Greek a revival, here in New...
aazuline
Main Living Room
Hello, All, I'm still tweaking this room. It's my main...
leestep
need help designing my small kitchen
i need lots of space for my small kitchen, how do i...
jakwe
Dining room art question....
I've been told that floral prints do NOT belong in...
dwissler
ID this chaise please
I have a square main room in my condo with one side...
ipedro