Help with kitchen cabinet colour
Linda Stolz
July 16, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The cabinets cannot be replaced, so will have to be painted. Countertop stays. Floors will be dark laminate. What would you do? wondering about light on the top and dark on the bottom. By the way, the ceilings are extremely high, and there is tons of natural light, together with four awesome coach style pendant lights overhead for evening. (yes, I know, decluttering must happen)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Granite Grannies
I love the idea of light on the top and dark on the bottom! What about something like this?

Colored cabinets would really add interest to the room! Good luck on your project!
July 16, 2013 at 7:07AM        Thanked by Linda Stolz
Linda Stolz
We decided to paint the lower half a dark shade, similar in tone to the butcher block countertop. We are looking for a "furniture" look. and to break up all that beige The tops will be painted out in a cream tone, and then have a glaze in the same tone as lowers applied to bring out the shape of the moldings. Crown molding on tops. And by the way, I was wrong, the floor is travertine like the backsplash.
July 17, 2013 at 7:09AM   
pearl1958
I think the paint job will look great. However, you never mentioned changing out the hardware. That is a must if its in your buget. You would be amazed and how just changing the hardware can put the just right finishing touch on a project. Good luck!
July 17, 2013 at 7:30AM   
Linda Stolz
We are going to decide that when we get to the finish. The knobs are actually porcelain, and the drawer pulls match the faucet nicely. But I agree, we may well be changing those too.
July 17, 2013 at 8:20AM