I need help figuring out why my cabinets are "bumping" now!
Susie McCabe-Cooper
I have been updating my kitchen and after I have finally finished sanding, priming and painting my cabinets, I have got all new hardware and have begun re-hanging my cabinet doors. The doors vary in sizes, so it is not that difficult to match up where they are suppose to hang, but here is the problem..my new hinges are the same design as the old ones, just chrome instead of the old antiqued, paint splattered messes..some of the doors will not close properly now..they "bump" together where the dual doors meet and will not close flush. What am I doing wrong? I have moved them around to see if I have the right ones hanging on the proper cabinet but no matter what I do, I can't get it right! Please help with any suggestions. I'm desperate and I can't just leave them like this, it drives me insane!
Sometimes when this happens, it's just a matter of tightening/loosening screws, and re-adjusting. The same thing happened to me, and eventually they will fit just right.
July 16, 2013 at 2:20pm   
Fred S
Those are an old style hinge without any real adjustment abilities. Often times that is caused by uneven sanding or a paint buildup. It is hard to tell from a picture just where it is binding. Fill the old mounting holes on the face frame with hardwood matchsticks and glue, then pre-drill new holes just outside of the old ones. This takes some trial and error and a bit of finesse.
July 16, 2013 at 2:40pm   
Fred S
And try olldbobbi's solution first. There may be enough wiggle room there for most of the doors.
July 16, 2013 at 2:43pm     
choosing a great sofa manufacturer with a good price point
Am searching for a good furniture manufacturer with...
Wood burning or gas fireplace?
We are building a home and trying to decide wether...
Glass subway tile - light or dark color
Upper cabs are BM White Dove, lower cabs are walnut...
Need help with my living room please!
Hi, i really need help with this i don't know what...
Driveway appeal
I just finished pressure watching my driveway and would...