Box beam ceiling
Nick Franceschina
I want to put box-beam ceiling in my new "sunroom"... there is a fireplace that I want to put a beam on either side of, I think about a 1x6 capped on either side with a 1x3. There will be two beams in the middle area of the room... my question is about the edges... I could put "half beams" there, but not sure if I should put full beams? or maybe 3/4 beams? I'm also not sure if I want the beams to just terminate into the walls... or if I want it to go all the way around...

attached are some panoramic shots I attempted... with some foam insulation cut out to approximate the middle-of-the-room area. I have a "half beam" on one side...

article on box-beam ceilings:
Ideabook: Box Beam Ceilings

anyone have any suggestions?

Probably because of the panorama shot, it makes the room appear to have a curved wall, which wouldn't suit a box beam ceiling at all. I think your "edge" question can be solved the way it is in the ideabook shot - a full soffit all around the square edges can be used to "square up" the area then divided by the beams.
July 16, 2013 at 3:44pm   
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...
Help my facade!
Oh my goodness. I am frozen with how to proceed on...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Golden Vent Hood and Green Walls
We want to know what you think about the golden vent...
Any ideas for updating the front of ugly 1970's house?
Here is my ugly house in a good location. I need to...