Color help for soffits, gutters, trim, entry door, siding...
thedawson5
Just bought this 1976 quad-level. Soffits need caulking and this gives me the opportunity to repaint. I feel the cream color is too in contrast with the dark (ugly) brick and want to redo the whole color scheme. I know the 1st colors to come to mind are usually greens but if you see the field stone accent I'm feeling a brownish gray or 'wet cement' color. I'm looking for something fun for the front entry too. Any advice would be so appreciated, noodling on this project is all consuming!
thedawson5
We are also buying gutters ASAP!! Biblical rains here in MI.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:04PM
HI -- I like this house --I don't think the brick is ugly ! One thing I do want to call your attention to is -- when you paint , don't hi -light the half round vents (?) please . If you can remove that feature in the center cable or paint it out also . I think a nice trim color that will go with the brick is "Ranchwood" CC-500 by Benjamin Moore Paints. This will also go with the siding color and will tone down all the contrast . A blue based charcoal would also look very nice .Then how about a burnt orange for the front door , or maybe a 70's orange !!
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:09PM
thedawson5
I am in total agreement about the vents, I'm not a designer but felt the hilighting of the soffits and vents were wrong. Any suggestions for the siding color (which is wood in the front and a very small amt of vinyl on the side and back)
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:16PM
My long narrow entry hall
My entry is 15'x4'. And one long side is completely...
Coffee shop, Restaurant
Hello my friends , please tell me what do you think...
Need a help for small WC
Thank you for any ideas.
How to style the dresser-credenza in master bedroom?
We needed a quick dresser solution in our master bedroom,...
What colors do I pick
I have a choice to pick some things in a house I'm...