Blank Walls
nyliret
My living room and family room need help with wall decor. Please do not suggest wall paper I took down wall paper and refuse to use it again. Wall art ideas family photo design ideas with frames perhaps.
sandkshouse
Pick up some pieces at local art fares. You'll get some nice, original art, and you'll be supporting the local creative/art community.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:16PM
nyliret
Shall I group them. Do I stay within the same theme of picture? Do I mix color and black an white? Should the frame match? The wall is newly painted white, floors are a dark brown
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:25PM
You can definitely mix frames on art pieces. I would look for large pieces of art, perhaps 24 x 36" or a pair of pictures 20 x 30". Framing can be expensive, so either look for things already framed or things that will fit into standard frames available at a local store. HomeGoods has great prices on art as do other discount stores. But buying from local artists will make the piece more meaningful to you.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:30PM
Jennifer
A fun and relatively inexpensive project - framed fabric! Choosing fabric that flows with your current decor is easy, and easily changed when you want a new look.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 7:53PM
nyliret
Would I just wrap fabric around a canvas? does it have to be padded before wrapping?
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:02PM
nyliret
I should also state that the color in both rooms on the sofas and chairs is a mushroom color, dark wood floors with area rugs in both rooms, white walls. What color of pillows ?
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:04PM
abbyjean
OK......two different rooms, but the same colors going on in each room?
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:07PM
abbyjean
I like the pillows on the couch next to the chair. Find art that works with those pillows. Love the suggestion of framing fabric. That could look awesome and fill in a huge wall and not cost a fortune, either. Each frame does not have to be different and no, I would not pad it first.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:10PM
Jennifer
I wrapped fabric around the cardboard that came with my frame, haha! It worked fine for me. I agree that padding isn't necessary.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:15PM
abbyjean
There ya go! The cardboard the comes with the frame will totally work then! I think this is worth a shot in one of the rooms.....the more casual one.
0 Likes   July 16, 2013 at 8:18PM
nyliret
These are two separate rooms that are back to back, although the sofas are the same mushroom color one has a more formal feel with the fireplace. The other is the familyroom with an open concept to the kitchen. A very large TV is located in this room which is wear everyone congregates. Since the home was recently updated and painted the walls are where I lack decor. Besides fabric covered cardboard which is a great idea any other suggestions?
0 Likes   July 17, 2013 at 7:20AM
It's a Beautiful World!
Nyliret, you can check out our page for art ideas. You can order our prints in any size, on paper, canvas, acrylic or metal... Raisa
0 Likes   July 17, 2013 at 7:34AM
Need ideas for a wall-of-shoes on a blank wall in laundry room.
The laundry room is galley style with a door opening...
family room wall is a big blank wall
room is furnished. one wall is windows facing the...
Need help with blank wall with only a wall mount TV
I need help with a blank wall that only has a wall...
Blank Wall... what can I put on this wall?
This a long blank wall.. no furniture on it as it extends...
Massive blank Wall
What should I do with this??? The living room, dining...
How does everyone feel about clear glass pendants?
I'm so torn because I think these would look good over...
Need help working with my current things in living room
I have brown sofa, 2 black leather chairs and one wingback....
reno plan help
We are making some major changes to our original 1980's...
Reno plan help photos part 2
Here are the other photos which I couldnt attach on...
Need help with TV placement in Living room
We just bought this house and it has the most awkward...