OLLD 7/17
July 17, 2013 in Other
Morning! No one started today's discussion? Or did I miss it?
armygirl1987
Was just checking Bobbi. Rain morning since it has not stop since last night. On my way to internship.
July 17, 2013 at 5:40AM     
Robin W
Nope. Haven't seen one.
July 17, 2013 at 5:41AM     
Have fun, Angela!
July 17, 2013 at 5:41AM     
Morning Robin!
July 17, 2013 at 5:41AM     
armygirl1987
Yes, praying for a calm day. How are things Robin.
July 17, 2013 at 5:42AM     
mefor
Morning gals, staying in the AC for me today, feeling 100% yay!!
Lots of housework to do, boring but necessary. Have a good day Angela, don't let the "custards" get you down!
How's that for clean language? Difficult for my sailor mouth :)
July 17, 2013 at 5:50AM     
Sailor mouth! I heard you all were getting hammered with heat, we're due for a heat wave starting today. Temps will be in the triple digits for the next week, oh joy. Glad you're feeling better!
July 17, 2013 at 5:55AM     
mefor
Thanks Bobbi. Hate this humidity with the 97-98 degrees, into the hundreds with heat index. Hope power isn't an issue today. Yes, sailor mouth, think on leave in the Philippines, getting a tattoo of "mom" on my big bicep, lol
July 17, 2013 at 6:00AM     
Jayme H.
Who is gonna come ride in our new (old) boat? Found it finally last night! Can't wait to try it out. Ignore the tree..took pic in my pink, polka dotted jammies..didn't want to go into the road!!
-Good morning everyone, how r u all doing? Good luck today Angela!
-Mforr...I could likely match u in the sailor department!! LOL
Hi bobbi & Robin..what r u two up to?
July 17, 2013 at 6:00AM     
mefor
Angela, I know you have pillows but this is so pretty in silk, and I have this throw in grass color, so light and airy.
July 17, 2013 at 6:03AM     
mefor
Morning jayme, wish someone would have taken a pic of you in super jammies for us, lol.
Hooray for your boat, it's a &$@"*#@ great one. How many of us can be on it at the same time?
July 17, 2013 at 6:05AM     
Jayme H.
@mforr...It can carry up to 8 people....Cmon up and go catfishing...and/or to the lake!!
July 17, 2013 at 6:12AM     
mefor
Love fishing and lazing on the lake, you're going to have a blast with that thing! When are you going to christen it?
July 17, 2013 at 6:25AM     
olldroo
Evening all, nice boat Jayme it looks sleek and elegant, must feel good to finally track one down. Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Well we look like having a spring break here - temps reached 24 today and if we have one more day over 20 it will be the first time we have had 5 consecutive July days over 20 since 1928. Promising us we will be well and truly back in winter by the weekend. Two nights now I haven't had heating on, hopefully that helps with the power bills.

Nothing much else doing.
July 17, 2013 at 6:29AM     
Jayme H.
Roo..thanks! (She's an oldie but a goodie)....1982 model...Very inexpensive, so we grabbed fast, drove about an hour last night to look at it.
This is for family time and therapy for me to relax.
We have the river here that people come from all over to cat fish in. My aim is to get on the lake asap, but tonight I do believe we r launching her on the river!!
Can go tubing, has an inboard motor.
July 17, 2013 at 6:38AM     
Jayme H.
Bobbi...I didn't realize your heat wave ever ended!!! LOL
July 17, 2013 at 6:41AM     
olldroo
Well aren't all oldies goodies???

Tubing should be fun.
July 17, 2013 at 6:41AM     
olldroo
Bobbi's or the weather's??
July 17, 2013 at 6:41AM     
Robin W
Good morning all

Got dispatched an hour and 10 min before the end of shift for a guy who landed up being moderately sick. Landed up taking 20 extra minutes to get there as it was in a new subdivision in the south that wasn't well mapped, so took a few wrong turns. Landed up getting off work an hour late so gonna get some sleep. We'll see how I'm feeling when I wake up, but I might try to bike or run in tonight. Might being the operative word.
July 17, 2013 at 6:59AM     
olldroo
Sleep tight Robin. Do they make allowances for this sort of thing, there must be many times you are called out just before your shift ends.
July 17, 2013 at 7:03AM     
armygirl1987
Michele-I do not have those type of Pillows. I was saying previously the sheet set came with 2 sham.
July 17, 2013 at 7:05AM     
armygirl1987
Michele- I am gonna listen to you and Roo and talk with Electrician. So since I am going with the bifolds need to find this.
July 17, 2013 at 7:09AM     
mefor
This is a throw pillow, I saw you had some on bed already but it was so pretty I thought I'd show you anyway. :)
July 17, 2013 at 7:11AM     
olldroo
Gotta look at the long term Angela.
July 17, 2013 at 7:12AM     
mefor
Good girl Angela, make the room fit you, not the other way round
July 17, 2013 at 7:12AM     
mefor
Look what just appeared in my in box, still looking for bar cart?
July 17, 2013 at 7:14AM     
mefor
Forget it, lol, those sons of guns don't have that cart in their catalog. Idiots
July 17, 2013 at 7:17AM     
handymam
Hello all! mforr, just sent you something. And yes, you can post the retaining wall pics here if you want. Did you see the 2 I found?
July 17, 2013 at 7:30AM     
armygirl1987
Michele- I do need throw pillows and be honest. I think that sheet set is a bit skimpy.
July 17, 2013 at 7:32AM   
mefor
Handy, yes, I saw both :)
I'll post in a minute
Angela, you can use your sheets and add bits to them until you get something you prefer, remember the ones I posted for Jan from west elm? That's where the throw pillow and throws are from too :)
July 17, 2013 at 7:41AM     
olldroo
We have a house and garden show here where they often transform furniture and one time they used a baby change table to make a barbecue/bar cart. It was really clever, they cut a circle in the top and sat a deep bowl in it for an ice bucket, found great clips for the sides to hang utensils and towels, then screwed racks under the top to hang glasses. I've forgotten everything they did to the bottom but it was absolutely amazing. It was such an obvious thing to do. Sent it to DD as she was about to get rid of her's but I don't think hubby was too inspired.
July 17, 2013 at 7:42AM     
mefor
Here they are handy
July 17, 2013 at 7:42AM     
mefor
More
July 17, 2013 at 7:43AM     
mefor
Two more
July 17, 2013 at 7:44AM     
armygirl1987
But, I want to get it from the beginning and will keep the other sheet set as back up. So since I got the white comforter from Target. Want to use blue and orange if that makes sense.
July 17, 2013 at 7:44AM     
handymam
Oh wow, mforr, never thought of sinking the firepit into the ground! That first one is what I would love to do! Thanks for searching for me! :)

Would love to use real stone, but might end up using block. I have no idea how much anything costs. Won't be starting until next spring, but wanted to get ideas for now.
July 17, 2013 at 7:45AM     
olldroo
Love the second one - I like the browns in the stones, it looks much warmer.

Here is something to dream about -
http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/8691355/us-man-becomes-instant-quadrillionaire

And speaking of dreaming, that is what I am about to do. Night all. Play fair.
July 17, 2013 at 7:46AM     
mefor
The last one is a bit much, but looks so inviting with the firelight and outdoor lighting I had to include it
July 17, 2013 at 7:46AM     
olldroo
Handy, think twice about sinking it into the ground - you would have to get into it to clean it out.
July 17, 2013 at 7:47AM     
mefor
Night Roo!! Sweet dreams
July 17, 2013 at 7:47AM     
handymam
Night, roo! Yes, I hadn't thought about that cleaning out bit.

I started a new ideabook called when I win the lottery, lol. I am putting in ideas I will NEVER be able to afford or do, but that I like.
July 17, 2013 at 7:48AM     
mefor
I love blue and orange together Angela :)
July 17, 2013 at 7:48AM     
mefor
I'm going to build one at beach house to put on the stone patio. Probably get one of those paving stone kits that Home Depot and lowes sell. But I'll customize it with some nice slate on top. 36" circle with 5 adirondack chairs around it in half circle.
July 17, 2013 at 7:51AM     
handymam
It is probably because they are opposites on the color wheel that they work together. Hey, it worked for Howard Johnson!
July 17, 2013 at 7:51AM     
olldroo
Another thought - wouldn't you need weep holes in the bottom to allow for drainage.
July 17, 2013 at 7:52AM     
handymam
We used one of those kits from Lowes for our firepit. . My husband and son did it together. Never thought of adding the slate on top! Great idea!
July 17, 2013 at 7:53AM     
olldroo
Why is it that everytime I find fault with something it always has to do with cleaning????????
July 17, 2013 at 7:53AM     
handymam
Because cleaning cuts into all your fun! Now if you only thought cleaning was fun, you would be all set!
July 17, 2013 at 7:56AM     
mefor
It weeps through the ground roo, packed earth or gravelly bits. Plus they aren't completely mortared together, so they also seep through the cracks between stones
July 17, 2013 at 7:58AM     
A quadrillionaire! Imagine? If only for five minutes....yes, I could spend it!
July 17, 2013 at 8:05AM     
mefor
Me too!! I have a quadrillion ideas :)
July 17, 2013 at 8:25AM     
handymam
It's good to have ideas. If you didn't, you would have no hope!
July 17, 2013 at 8:27AM     
Handy, that's so true!!!
July 17, 2013 at 8:41AM     
handymam
It would be a boring, dreary life to have no hopes or dreams wouldn't it? I think that is why I enjoy planning projects, even if I never actaully do them.
July 17, 2013 at 8:44AM     
mefor
Missed your comment about these roo, here's a few versions :) you can see them in the morning.
July 17, 2013 at 8:47AM     
mefor
Couple more, last one is dresser for changing table, so pretty had to include it
July 17, 2013 at 8:48AM     
Jayme H.
This place is getting overgrown, but I like it.
July 17, 2013 at 8:49AM     
mpoulsom
Yea handy....just make sure that it drains if you sink it into the ground. My new neighbor just did that exact thing and with the rain we've been having...well he had a bit of a small pool for awhile. Insects, etc! Make sure you have a cover for it! Love they way they look sunk into the ground tough. I could never have that, I am too much of a klutz....I'm sure I would fall into it! :)
July 17, 2013 at 8:49AM     
Does anyone know if you can use glass tiles for a kitchen countertop? I love these tiles: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Merola-Tile-Coppa-12-in-x-12-in-Brown-Gold-Glass-Mesh-Mounted-Mosaic-Tile-GDRCOBRG/100653983#.Uea9E1vn_IU
July 17, 2013 at 8:49AM     
Jayme H.
@bobbi...cool tiles! I would worry about scratching..but could be wrong too.
July 17, 2013 at 8:51AM      Thanked by charleee
Thanks Jayme! It's just the two of us and I don't normally allow The Hubby in the kitchen. I don't think I'd scratch them but I worry about setting a hot pot on them.
July 17, 2013 at 8:52AM     
mpoulsom
Mine is crazy overgrown too jayme...but it's still pretty. I walked outside with my coffee and Dali this morning and looked at the front yard. It looked wonderful. The elephant ears out front are almost bigger that real elephant ears. It's amazing! Pulled up some cannas to thin them out. Giving some to the neighbor. She wants to plant them along her fence line in the backyard. I have PLENTY to share!!!

Angela, you can spend the night with us if you come up this way. We're right off of 85 basically! And we will come spend the night with you one night when we head south! okie??
July 17, 2013 at 8:52AM     
mpoulsom
bob, I've seen them in person......they are very pretty. you would just have to use a trivet for hot pots! I would be afraid that the glass may break/explode if it got too hot. I use trivets on my counter top and it isn't a hassle at all!
July 17, 2013 at 8:54AM        Thanked by charleee
handymam
Those are nice bobbi! I know you want them in green, right? hehe!! It says they are for walls and have a dull finish. In the reviews, someone said they are thin also. I don't know if they would work or not.
Thanks MP! I wonder what Figuring most oven settings are 350, do you think that's too hot?
July 17, 2013 at 8:56AM     
Handy, they are thin. I saw them at the store. They're so beautiful! They look like marbled copper.
July 17, 2013 at 8:56AM     
handymam
Maybe you could buy one sheet and line a tray with them and see how they hold up?
July 17, 2013 at 8:57AM        Thanked by charleee
handymam
Love the copper look. Do you already have a backsplash bobbi?
July 17, 2013 at 8:58AM     
mefor
I would worry about dropping anything on them, disastrophe, my sons word when he was two. Nice combination of words, lol. If you dropped something on them they would definitely shatter. Very pretty though, great backsplash :)
July 17, 2013 at 9:01AM        Thanked by charleee
handymam
Great word mforr, we actually love to make up words like that in our family !
July 17, 2013 at 9:03AM     
Good idea, Handy, thanks!

Michele! Disastrophe! Love it!
July 17, 2013 at 9:07AM     
mpoulsom
well i just read that thin glass doesn't shatter like thick glass because the hot or cold is distributed more evenly. Makes sense. When it's thick the surface gets hot fast but the center or bottom is cooler, which causes it to shatter! Maybe they would be just fine and dandy!
July 17, 2013 at 9:11AM        Thanked by charleee
Woo! Thanks, MP! You are SO hired!
July 17, 2013 at 9:12AM     
mefor
There are a few that I love and use all the time. That's one and I love to put chetlup on my hamburger and my fave is sirladies, for a Mercedes. My aunt in England thought was the best one she'd heard, and always says that when she sees a Mercedes. Very refined, driving a Sirladies, lol. And pussy cat is poo caa. Funny, they stick in your mind. Pleasant toddler memories of both kids :))
July 17, 2013 at 9:13AM   
mpoulsom
I still think that me & J shoudld just come out there and make concrete counter tops in a coppery color and then you use the pretty glass copper ones for your backsplash! That would be gorgeous! ;)
July 17, 2013 at 9:14AM     
Great idea! MP, when you made yours, did you demo the old countertops first or just go over the top?
July 17, 2013 at 9:17AM     
mpoulsom
Just found these pretty olive wood salad tossers and bowls! I just love pretty wood items! It comes from my childhood. We had wooden bowls and tossers! lol! pretty plain ones though! These are from a company Called Swahill African Modern. They have some beautiful baskets too.

And I'm not a huge fan of patchwork type things...but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sofa! It's only $17,000! hahaha!
July 17, 2013 at 9:18AM     
mefor
This is for you angela
July 17, 2013 at 9:18AM   
mefor
This is for MP and Bobbi
July 17, 2013 at 9:19AM        Thanked by charleee
MP, I could make that sofa with four blankets for $40!!!
July 17, 2013 at 9:19AM     
mpoulsom
Bob, we removed the old counter tops completely and beefed up the cabs with 2x4's, running from front to back on the top/inside! And the bar was a totally new structure, so J built it to take the weight!
July 17, 2013 at 9:20AM        Thanked by charleee
Wow Michele! I love that third one!

Ok, let me play devil's advocate for one minute. Supposing I did this glass countertop thing and one tile broke. So what? I chisel it out, and Liquid Nails one in, right? No?
July 17, 2013 at 9:21AM     
mpoulsom
That's exactly what I'm talking about michele! Perfect for what bob wants.....i think!? lol
OR should I say that's what I want her to have!!
July 17, 2013 at 9:21AM        Thanked by charleee
MP, here's the problem. Before the IF attacked the house, there was already ceramic tile countertops on cement board. He just put a new cement board and floor tile on top of that. So there would be two layers of everything to demo before I could do anything else!
July 17, 2013 at 9:22AM     
mpoulsom
yea, that would work bob. I don't think you'll be breaking a lot of tiles...unless you are throwing iron pots at R or something!
July 17, 2013 at 9:23AM        Thanked by charleee
No! I wouldn't do that! He'd just throw them back at me!
July 17, 2013 at 9:23AM     
mpoulsom
bob, those counter tops are attached to your cabs from underneath I would think. Linda, help me out here!
You just find where they are attached from underneath....disassemble from there and then pry up the whole (or all layers of the countertop) top off together.
July 17, 2013 at 9:25AM        Thanked by charleee
mpoulsom
of course you will have to undo the plumbing for the sink most likely. Or I would anyway. Dishwasher can stay in place.
July 17, 2013 at 9:26AM     
Ok, something to think about, that's for sure. It would be so much easier just to tile over everything. I figure in about 10 years I won't care what it looks like, so....
July 17, 2013 at 9:26AM   
My dishwasher is haunted! It's constantly moving to the left and I'm constantly having to correct it or the door won't close!
July 17, 2013 at 9:27AM     
mefor
That would make it too thick Bobbi, needs to be removed and done from scratch I think. You wouldn't be happy with it, I think. Just get a crowbar and big @ss hammer and a bigger guy with even bigger muscles and pop that sucker off!!!
July 17, 2013 at 9:27AM        Thanked by charleee
mpoulsom
I think your house is about the same age as mine...so our cabs (if yours are original) are probably about the same thing as mine.I'm not saying it was a joy to pry that sucker up, but it can be done. Mine were never tile though, they were formica/laminate from 1968!
July 17, 2013 at 9:28AM        Thanked by charleee
Jayme H.
I think I am low on acid in my pool..have any of u had to mess with pool chemicals? I think I need to add acid. My alkalinity is running low. I googled and it looks like add acid.
July 17, 2013 at 9:30AM     
Jayme, not unless you count The Little Mermaid kiddie pool :)) Can you call a pool supply store? They should know.
July 17, 2013 at 9:32AM     
mefor
The first counter I posted with the funky stripe down the center would be great for an outside kitchen or bar.
July 17, 2013 at 9:35AM     
mpoulsom
yea, it would be cool in a restaurant bar too! I love funky bars!
July 17, 2013 at 9:38AM     
Jayme H.
MP....Our stuff is huge and swallowing up the house..we like it! The herb "elecamp" has huge, elephant ear-like leaves, thick stalks and produces small, yellow flowers ...however, it seeds and spreads like wildfire...have had to kill off multiple plants!!
-Not to be mean, but Kathie Lee Gifford looks corpse-like today on t.v. Hair is all blonde & skin looks like the undertaker got carried away with the foundation.
July 17, 2013 at 9:42AM        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Oolong, you little lush ;)
July 17, 2013 at 9:42AM   
mefor
Not oolong, lol, just oooooh
July 17, 2013 at 9:43AM     
Jayme! I just saw Kathie Lee Gifford in a commercial, and I agree! I was just thinking, don't you have enough money already woman? Substitute woman for adjective of your choice. I mean, really, a toothpaste commercial?
July 17, 2013 at 9:46AM     
mpoulsom
nah...i'm not a lush at all. I have worked in restaurant bars though. As a matter of fact bobbi, the last restaurant I worked in, we had a copper bar top. It was just sheets of copper that had a patina. It was very rustic looking after all of the spilled drinks, etc. I don't think you like that look, or I would have suggested that a long time ago for you. You would be polishing that thing every day I'm pretty sure to make it look perfect and shiny!! :)
July 17, 2013 at 10:01AM        Thanked by charleee
mpoulsom
I have to buy a new battery for my laptop....I'm scared to even see how much they are!
July 17, 2013 at 10:02AM     
mefor
Not too bad, considering how long they last. Get one with a big capacity for extra hours :)
July 17, 2013 at 10:09AM   
mefor
Extra hours on houzz!!
July 17, 2013 at 10:09AM     
mpoulsom
i'm shocked! i found one for only $15! i figured it would be $100 or something. I'm so happy!!!
July 17, 2013 at 10:12AM     
Jayme H.
@bobbi....Frank Gifford looks even more corpse-like & she prob. has to make commercials in order to keep busy and avoid having to sleep with him.
July 17, 2013 at 10:12AM     
mefor
That's probably true, sad, but true. Poor rich, corpse like celebs.
July 17, 2013 at 10:15AM     
mefor
Yay, MP!!
July 17, 2013 at 10:16AM   
Jayme H.
MP look at these crazy leaves!! My hand is for scale comparison!
July 17, 2013 at 10:18AM     
mpoulsom
I'm going to take a picture of my head with an elephant ear on each side of my face and you will be astounded! ha! I DO have a pee head however, but you'll get the gist!
July 17, 2013 at 10:23AM     
mefor
Those are gigantic!!! Like to have those at beach house, but don't want them to take over. I have one here at this house, it grows down in the remains of a foundation of old bank barn that burned down many years ago. Funny, it hasn't really spread at all since I've lived here. Hmmmmm... Wonder if I could somehow do a cutting for rooting? Seems like it wouldn't work though. Maybe I could dig up a piece of root?
July 17, 2013 at 10:24AM   
mpoulsom
These things are almost 4 ft in length now! A little under that, but I'm as serious as a heart attack!
July 17, 2013 at 10:24AM     
DIAspoton
jayme, don't you have a pool supply store nearby for taking a sample of the water for testing?
July 17, 2013 at 10:29AM     
handymam
mp, I hope you mean you have a pea head, not a pee head, lol!
July 17, 2013 at 10:33AM     
mpoulsom
yea,, that's what I meant!! LOL!
July 17, 2013 at 10:35AM     
mpoulsom
and a pea brain as well!
July 17, 2013 at 10:35AM     
handymam
I don't believe that for a minute!
July 17, 2013 at 10:36AM     
mefor
Hahaha, didn't even notice that. Very funny!! :D
July 17, 2013 at 10:40AM   
armygirl1987
You guys are having too much fun without me. MP- for sure we can do that.
July 17, 2013 at 10:40AM     
mefor
Handy, what do you think about growing that elephant ear?
July 17, 2013 at 10:41AM     
mefor
Sent you west elm notice Angela :)
July 17, 2013 at 10:42AM     
armygirl1987
Saw that girl. Cannot wait for later so we can buy some bedding, pillows, etc
July 17, 2013 at 10:44AM     
mpoulsom
ang...i'm like 15 minutes away from clemson university.....so put it on your map mama! Can we make jamaician food if you come to visit? I want to learn. I love it!
July 17, 2013 at 10:45AM     
armygirl1987
Ok course we can make Jamaican food.
July 17, 2013 at 10:47AM     
mefor
Roti and mauby
July 17, 2013 at 10:48AM   
mefor
Jerk, nothing personal, lol, just delicious!!
July 17, 2013 at 10:49AM     
armygirl1987
Jerk, curry, brown stew chicken.
July 17, 2013 at 10:50AM     
mpoulsom
jerk seasoning is about my fave! love love love it!
July 17, 2013 at 10:51AM     
handymam
Don't know about the elephant ear mforr, I guess you could try... I thought they had some kind of bulbous type roots or am I thinking of something else?
July 17, 2013 at 10:51AM     
mpoulsom
oh goody, I'm excited!!!!
July 17, 2013 at 10:51AM     
Jayme H.
@DIAspoton...I don't know if anyone around here does it or not ...there is one company up here that sells spas and pools...I could check it out ..thx
-MP I want to see those pics! The elecamp leaves get up to prob. about 3 feet long...not including the stems..with stems, they r insane! I love big plants!!
-Mforr...need to dead head or they go berserk...and even then, it's hard to catch all the seeds....They have even seeded in our grass...The plant should have come with a warning label! LOL But I still love the looks of it.
July 17, 2013 at 10:51AM     
mpoulsom
I think michele is getting confused. I have the elephant ears and they are bulbs. Jayme has some herb plant that spreads!
July 17, 2013 at 10:52AM     
mefor
Got it, by the way, I'm always confused ;)
July 17, 2013 at 10:53AM     
Jayme H.
My crzy plant is an herb called "elecamp"...
And I had the pool thing backwards, rethought it....low alkalinity means add more buffer/ie sodium bicarb. vs. acid. Same in people. I was making it harder than it is.
July 17, 2013 at 10:56AM     
handymam
Angela and mp, that would be so cool if you actually did meet! :)
July 17, 2013 at 10:56AM     
Jayme H.
Show us your plant MP!!
July 17, 2013 at 11:00AM     
mpoulsom
angela...just saw this and thought about you and your space issues for the nightstands. Have you considered shallow built ins on each side of your bed? Or 2 expedit shelving units on either side of the bed with one or 2 baskets inside some of the spaces where the drawers are shown in this pic? Not trying to confuse you even more...just saw it though.

]
July 17, 2013 at 11:02AM     
mpoulsom
I'm at work right now, but I will when I get home tonight...or helz, i'm getting off at 4pm today...so this afternoon! :)
July 17, 2013 at 11:03AM     
mpoulsom
Jayme this is a pic from last year and they are bigger this year. They are in front of one of the chimneys on the front of the house...look to the right of the front door! Can't miss'em.
July 17, 2013 at 11:06AM     
handymam
Sometimes big plants like those mp are scary. Like the plant in "little shop of horrors."
July 17, 2013 at 11:09AM     
mpoulsom
I'm looking at this pic and realizing how much bigger everything is this year. Underneath the window in this pic is a yucca that we planted. I can see it, but barely. Today when I get home you will see how big IT is this year as well. I think it comes right to the bottom of the window this year.
July 17, 2013 at 11:09AM     
armygirl1987
Nice Mp but not the style for ma pretty bed. You miss last night check in, gonna talk to electrician to see if he can move Tv to other wall. Plan to move bed to other wall.
July 17, 2013 at 11:18AM     
mpoulsom
Oh Handy...we had magnificent dirt left by previous owners.
The front island which is in the foreground on the right side of the yard is just stupid. Started out with 2 small cherry trees....they are now about 15 feet tall, added a crepe myrtle which is about 20 feet tall now, cannas, lantana, 3 lilies, 5 indian hawthorne bushes, and lavender! Those are all out of control! It's amazing what 2 years will do to a yard. Not that we haven't worked our butts off to keep the soil conditioned etc and expanded the landscaping, but we still had great soil to work with from the get go!
July 17, 2013 at 11:26AM     
handymam
Great soil really makes all the difference! I have a couple of good spots in my yard, and also some clay. And rocks as well. I know what you mean though, if you don't trim something in good soil that needs it, it can go crazy in 2 years! Got a jungle of spirea out front that is CRAZY!
July 17, 2013 at 11:30AM     
mefor
Hope the garden at beach is ok, no one to water it :(
Be there soon enough but hope it's not too late for some things.
July 17, 2013 at 11:40AM     
handymam
Your annuals or everything?
July 17, 2013 at 11:45AM   
mefor
Everything
July 17, 2013 at 11:49AM   
mefor
:(
July 17, 2013 at 11:50AM     
handymam
How long has it been since they were watered?
July 17, 2013 at 11:50AM     
handymam
Don't you just hate losing plants? I plan all winter, buy things, get them in, take care of them and then, through no fault of my own, they go and die!
July 17, 2013 at 11:51AM     
mefor
Thursday afternoon, but then they got a ton of rain on Friday or Saturday. Won't be back til Friday though.
July 17, 2013 at 11:55AM     
mefor
Can worry about it, I'll drive myself crazy :)
July 17, 2013 at 11:55AM     
handymam
Isn't it supposed to be getting cooler by the weekend? They might still be okay if they got drenched this past weekend.
July 17, 2013 at 11:56AM     
Jayme, those giant leaves? You can make a bird bath with them! Just get some quick-set concrete and cover the leaf until it dries, then peel the leaf off!
July 17, 2013 at 12:02PM     
handymam
Very cool idea bobbi!
July 17, 2013 at 12:06PM     
It is! It's just not my idea, I saw it in a magazine! hehehe
July 17, 2013 at 12:07PM     
handymam
I have seen leaves like that pressed into stepping stones too made with concrete. Keep saying I want to do that sometime. Yup. Project number 938827461009382766.
July 17, 2013 at 12:10PM        Thanked by charleee
I hear you!
July 17, 2013 at 12:11PM     
handymam
My husband rolls his eyes a lot when I say I want to do somethin, lol. But all my projects keep me out of trouble!
July 17, 2013 at 12:15PM     
Ha! I just read that glass tile is recommended for use in trivets! So I guess I'm good to go, babies! Woo hoo!
July 17, 2013 at 12:25PM     
mefor
It's supposed to be really bad weather on Saturday, that's when I'm going to my specials concert, boohoo, it's outside. May not be going to any concert.
July 17, 2013 at 12:27PM     
Specials concert? What's that Michele?
July 17, 2013 at 12:30PM     
mefor
English group from the late 70s and 80s, ska music, sort of reggae ish, pretty political sometimes and making people aware of racism. They were awesome. Like the English Beat too. Saw them open at a sting concert once and I was one of the few who was singing my head off.
July 17, 2013 at 12:33PM     
mefor
I have some pretty far flung musical tastes :)
July 17, 2013 at 12:35PM     
I saw Sting once, too, b-o-r-I-n-g. He opened the second set with 'put you to sleep' songs. Bad. Best ever - Johnny Mathis, born talent.
July 17, 2013 at 12:38PM     
armygirl1987
I got the best compliment for a terminal patient today. Him and his wife, married for 36 years, he is totally dependent on her. While she was meeting with the medical interns I stopped in his room to check on him. He was calling her name, told him that she would be right back but could tell that he was getting antsy. I offered to hold his hands and sat with him. Started to ask him questions about him and her and assured him that she would be right back and would not dare leave him. I then offered to go look for her. I came back and told him that she would be right back. While I am holding his hand and stroking it, he started to calm down. I then offered him water which he drank. He started to calm down, then talked about his military service, told him how I had served too. Talked about his tv show, he said it was Gunsmoke and told him mine was Matlock ; he laughed at me. He then started to fall asleep. He was so peaceful but as soon as he heard her voice he woke. So I said to him, arent you suppose to be napping and for that brief moment I got him to laugh. Him and his wife thank me and he said it was something in my voice that was different and special, she said it was my laughter. Not trying to make myself feel better but it is times like this that I really love this internship.
July 17, 2013 at 12:42PM        Thanked by charleee
mpoulsom
one of the best ever for me.....The Cure at San Jose State! Love Dave Matthews, would see him anytime anywhere. Diana Ross in the early 80's in Vegas. Cake in Atlanta! Jackson 5 was my very first concert....lol! I think I was in the 6th grade????
July 17, 2013 at 12:43PM     
armygirl1987
Michele-love the 2nd and 3rd counter top could totally see that in my kitchen. I also owned that blue throw from West Elm.
July 17, 2013 at 12:44PM     
armygirl1987
Maybe when MP COME TO VISIT WE CAN COLLABORATE.
July 17, 2013 at 12:46PM   
armygirl1987
MP-are those lamps for me that you save in your idea book.
July 17, 2013 at 12:47PM   
Jayme H.
@Angela....they heard kindness & caring. Good work!!
-Handy...the root system of the elecamp is like that! I don't know if it's bulbs or rhizomes.
July 17, 2013 at 12:49PM     
mefor
Like the orange red throw for you Angela, it's spicy!!!
Good job with that man today, that IS what it's all about, not that little witch yesterday. Always keep that in mind when someone is getting right under your skin.
July 17, 2013 at 12:50PM     
Jayme H.
And I have been spelling it WRONG!! It's elecampane!
July 17, 2013 at 12:52PM     
mefor
MP love the Cure, kids hate them, haha. I've seen so many concerts its unbelievable, and they're all over the musical map.
July 17, 2013 at 12:53PM     
Angela, really, really good job! You go girl, I'm hella proud of you. You done good!
July 17, 2013 at 12:54PM     
armygirl1987
Michele-You mean the ginger because I also owned two of the Ombre http://www.westelm.com/products/softest-throw-ombre-t400/?pkey=e%7Cthrows%7C18%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C3&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-
July 17, 2013 at 12:58PM     
armygirl1987
Thanks all, I know that this is a difficult group but........It is what I want to do, sometimes you get the patients that are difficulty but then you get these and faith is restore.
July 17, 2013 at 1:00PM     
mefor
Which ombré? Do you still have them and will they go with room. Yes, ginger. Weird, ginger isn't red or orange, lol. Fresh is beige and ground is kind of rusty brown
July 17, 2013 at 1:05PM     
armygirl1987
This or I am sure that I can exchange the blue for a ginger.?
July 17, 2013 at 1:12PM     
Jayme H.
Hospice is so hard to do...the line is so thin between staying "professional" & NOT....It is extremely difficult for me to not take things on personally, so I have to stay away from hospice, unless in small doses.
Angela...those patients really need compassionate, caring people, so u fit the bill!! Glad u can handle it, it's not for the light of heart.
July 17, 2013 at 1:13PM     
armygirl1987
Well going to finish up for the day so that I can get out of here.
July 17, 2013 at 1:14PM     
armygirl1987
I know Jayme, it was crazy when I made the decision because I had mostly work with teenagers and really love them too. Most of the time I find myself not being professional because as you say compassion is more important and most of the time that is all we can do to make them comfortable. We lost one yesterday too....
July 17, 2013 at 1:16PM     
armygirl1987
Michele-Do not see anyting in the West Elm extra 25 off that catches my eye..
July 17, 2013 at 1:19PM     
mefor
Love that one, sure doesn't look like a raisin color, huh?
July 17, 2013 at 1:20PM   
mefor
Big square euro , $23
July 17, 2013 at 1:28PM   
mefor
Plus
July 17, 2013 at 1:33PM     
armygirl1987
I thought they were pink.
July 17, 2013 at 1:33PM     
armygirl1987
I just add the white duvet to the shopping cart but think my Target should suffice right or take the Target back and get these.
July 17, 2013 at 1:33PM   
mefor
Throw in a couple of smaller blue lumbar pillows. Whatcha think? Sure is cheery, love to come home to that :)
July 17, 2013 at 1:34PM   
armygirl1987
How many pillows.
July 17, 2013 at 1:34PM   
mefor
I just showed the west elm duvet so you could see the picture, don't return the threshold ones.
July 17, 2013 at 1:35PM     
mefor
2 euro, 2 pin tuck shams, 2 regular pillowcases (for the ones you sleep on, they don't have to stay on bed during day if its too much for you) 1 square throw pillow and 2 rectangle lumbar. Sounds good to me, or two square throw pillow and 1 rectangle lumbar.
July 17, 2013 at 1:38PM   
armygirl1987
Ok, so I am getting the pillows before I go home so how many. The one comforter from Target came with comforter and two shams.
July 17, 2013 at 1:38PM     
armygirl1987
Ok wow, that sounds complicated.
July 17, 2013 at 1:40PM   
armygirl1987
Ok, got two big square euro, two ginger, the two that came with duvet and just need to get two lumbar, they do not have any cute ones.
July 17, 2013 at 1:42PM   
mefor
Any of these?threw in ginger throw to see them together
July 17, 2013 at 1:44PM     
armygirl1987
NO....maybe the 2nd one. remember paint in the room.
July 17, 2013 at 1:46PM   
mefor
Either two square ginger throw pillows and one lumbar or
Two lumbar and 1 square ginger throw pillow.
July 17, 2013 at 1:46PM     
mefor
I don't think that any of them will fight with your paint, what's it called again?
July 17, 2013 at 1:47PM     
armygirl1987
GET the same lumbar pillow or two different ones. I got two euro and two ginger. what is ginger throw pillows.
July 17, 2013 at 1:52PM   
armygirl1987
Ok, leaving now check in when I get home, did not make the purchase yet, have until 1159 tonight, but I love this in that orange is in full effect.
July 17, 2013 at 1:58PM     
mefor
The ginger ones I posted above are 20 inch square throw pillows. There aren't any ginger euro shams,
Ok? Here we go
2 Sakura euro shams
2 threshold standard shams (you have them already)
2 pillowcases to sleep on, use the ones from Ross if you want to, they don't have to stay on bed during day, you can stash them
And
Either 2 ginger 20 square throw pillows
1 blue rectangle lumbar
OR
2 blue rectangle lumbar and
1 20" square ginger throw pillow
July 17, 2013 at 1:59PM     
kimdee24
Well that was fun. Six - 45 pound bags of rock salt for the water softener, out of the truck and down the stairs. Good times.
July 17, 2013 at 2:08PM     
mefor
There's your upper body workout, done BOOM!! :)
July 17, 2013 at 2:10PM     
mefor
Like this combo mixed with your threshold pintuck white set? With the ginger throw and ginger throw pillows
July 17, 2013 at 2:20PM     
mefor
That's from garnet hill, also on sale and it's got orange and blue.
July 17, 2013 at 2:21PM     
mefor
I still like the first one
July 17, 2013 at 2:21PM     
kimdee24
Quite the shopping trip today, ladies....!
July 17, 2013 at 2:27PM     
mefor
Certainly was, how's your day going kimdee?
July 17, 2013 at 2:28PM     
mefor
Three of these are local and part of my farmers market. Black river, bobolink and tassot
July 17, 2013 at 2:31PM     
kimdee24
So far so good, I guess. Went to the gym this morning, came home and took care of a few things, then realized the water softener was OUT of salt, so off to HD for that and a very large... furnace filter (never seen a filter as thick as the one for this furnace before), which took some wrestling to get out and replace. Hauled all the bags of salt down the stairs and dumped them into the tank. And now... at 3:30... I am finally sitting down to get some work done!
July 17, 2013 at 2:32PM     
mefor
At least you were busy, can you do your work outside or is that too distracting?
July 17, 2013 at 2:39PM     
EZ, OLLD people talk a lot, don't we?

Here's a question - if a plug will only fit in a socket one way, you have a 50-50 chance of getting it right, yes? Then why do I ALWAYS get it wrong?
July 17, 2013 at 2:41PM     
kimdee24
@Michele -- I could take my laptop outside... but then i'd start picking at the flowers, or rearranging the patio furniture, or.... yeah. Too distracting. The good thing about summer is that if I'm out running around all day, I can work at night since there's nothing worthwhile on tv. May as well enjoy the nice weather while I can, I say, because we sure don't get it for very long up here.

@Bobbi -- I do the same thing! Every. Time.
July 17, 2013 at 2:44PM        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Because you are special and a trailblazer
mpoulsom
trying to find pics of when i bought the house and the landscape and size...and what it is now! overgrown! lol!
front yard where the island is now....i'm sorry there were 3 little cherry trees....and now
July 17, 2013 at 2:47PM     
Or, I'm an idiot! Hoorah! I finally got thru to the IRS! Of course, I'll be on hold til they close.....

Angela, here's a beautiful orange bedroom for ya!
July 17, 2013 at 2:47PM     
kimdee24
Maybe the clean furnace filter will help with the dust in this house. Wishful thinking?
July 17, 2013 at 2:49PM     
mefor
That's really nice Bobbi, love the Asian panels behind the lamps
July 17, 2013 at 2:50PM        Thanked by charleee
I think so too, Michele, but they can be any fabric, right? They don't have to be Asian?
July 17, 2013 at 2:51PM     
armygirl1987
Bobbi- here I am trying to tone down and what, there it is. Love those pillows, whole room. What
July 17, 2013 at 2:52PM        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Actually, it should help quite a bit, at least for a little while :)
July 17, 2013 at 2:52PM     
I'm not in love with the bold zig-zag on the side tables, but a black and white chevron could make an acceptable substitute.
July 17, 2013 at 2:54PM     
armygirl1987
Cell phone sucks cannot see the whole pic.
July 17, 2013 at 2:58PM     
Do you have another way to see it?
July 17, 2013 at 2:59PM     
mpoulsom
ok check this out.....after
July 17, 2013 at 2:59PM     
mefor
Nothing MP, did you attach?
July 17, 2013 at 3:02PM   
armygirl1987
When i get home
July 17, 2013 at 3:03PM     
armygirl1987
Michele love your comforter but not feeling the blue.
July 17, 2013 at 3:09PM     
armygirl1987
Thanks Ez- it felt really good.
July 17, 2013 at 3:13PM     
armygirl1987
Michele- this is the sheet set that I have from Ross. I returned the pillows. But kept the sheet, pillow cases and was asking if they look okay. Here is the dreadful tv mounted.
July 17, 2013 at 3:22PM   
mefor
I think they can work for now, you can't return them anyway, can you? They don't have to folded over the comforter, they can be hidden underneath and just be what you sleep on. What is the manufacturer and pattern, do you remember, I'd like to pull them up on computer :)
July 17, 2013 at 3:28PM     
mefor
Are you home now Angela?
July 17, 2013 at 3:28PM     
One hour and 55 minutes later, I found out that my balance with the IRS is a big fat ZERO!!! That's so beautiful it makes me want to cry. Let's see....this started in 2008! Woo Hoo!
July 17, 2013 at 3:30PM     
mefor
Here you go Bobbi, it's a celebration
July 17, 2013 at 3:32PM     
Jayme H.
Yes Angela!! A plus!!
July 17, 2013 at 3:33PM     
handymam
this has been hanging over your head since 2008 bobbi? What a relief to get that overwith then!
July 17, 2013 at 3:37PM     
I'll take that celebration, Michele! And Handy, yes sort of. It was a lawsuit I filed in 2008, settled out of court. My atty said it wasn't taxable; their atty said it was. Their atty won, and I ended up paying taxes on the paltry sum I received. But it's all over now!
July 17, 2013 at 3:41PM     
armygirl1987
Michele- trying to get my nails done. Nope not yet.
July 17, 2013 at 3:41PM     
Robin W
Is it bad that I really really don't feel like going in to work tonight? But I have to be there in half an hour...
July 17, 2013 at 4:17PM     
armygirl1987
No Robin normal.
July 17, 2013 at 4:19PM     
Angela took the words from me!!! Just normal, Robin, just normal. You'll be ok once you get there :))
July 17, 2013 at 4:20PM     
armygirl1987
Adrenaline will kick in once the call comes in.
July 17, 2013 at 4:25PM     
mefor
Stinks robin, but it's totally normal
July 17, 2013 at 4:29PM     
pattyannb
Hi all! Been busy again I see.... Robin, I never want to go to work... LoL.... I think when it gets to that point, it time to either change what you are doing or retire.... But then, I have a soft heart for my clients... They count on me, and I can't let them down... :-)

Meeting turned out awesome! He is growing so fast, he has decided to give me more work to do... Yay! Should be able to make up the hours I am losing with the client that is closing...
July 17, 2013 at 4:36PM     
pattyannb
Angela! I can't wait to see your room! I bet you can't either... What are you going to do with yourself when you are done and you don't need to look for more stuff? Oh never mind, probably the same thing I do... Keep looking for more...
July 17, 2013 at 4:40PM     
mefor
Good for you pattyann!! That's a help and a relief with the way things are right now :)
July 17, 2013 at 4:41PM     
pattyannb
Yes it's a major relief... And just think, when they open again, it will be like getting a big raise!...
July 17, 2013 at 4:43PM     
kimdee24
Congrats Bobbi and PattyAnn! And have a great night at work, Robin. Here's hoping it's quiet.
July 17, 2013 at 5:20PM        Thanked by charleee
pattyannb
Thanks Kim... AND a client just stopped by and wants me to start doing payrolls for him... Yay!
July 17, 2013 at 5:32PM     
pattyannb
Bobbi... I am happy you finally got your debt taken care of.... Nothing like that hanging over your head I know...
July 17, 2013 at 5:33PM        Thanked by charleee
Thanks Kim and Pattyann! Yes, it's wonderful. It's the third bill I've paid off so far this year!
July 17, 2013 at 5:45PM     
And congrats to you, too, Pattyann! Whew!!
July 17, 2013 at 5:46PM     
kimdee24
Aw... I just sat on the dog's tail. She wasn't impressed. Poor girl!
July 17, 2013 at 5:51PM     
Poor baby!
July 17, 2013 at 5:53PM   
If your house is blah beige, and your window trim is white, and your front door is light green, what's a good contrasting color for the door trim?
July 17, 2013 at 6:01PM   
kimdee24
How about a darker green in the same family?
July 17, 2013 at 6:05PM      Thanked by charleee
It was a very blackish green when we moved in! I was thinking eggplant? or, half the exterior walls are brick, maybe brick red?
July 17, 2013 at 6:07PM   
mefor
post a pic of the brick, but I like arresting auburn, it's very nice. Or a deep deep eggplant like marooned or cordovan
July 17, 2013 at 6:28PM   
mefor
All sherwin Williams. The first one should really read as more reddish.
July 17, 2013 at 6:30PM      Thanked by charleee
I think more reddish? Auburgine?
July 17, 2013 at 6:32PM   
Aubergine, with an e:
July 17, 2013 at 6:34PM     
Robin W
Well, that started out great. Just had a patients husband get mad at me because I put my hand up when he interrupted me, then the patient essentially told me I was incompetent and just a ambulance driver. I can stop heart attacks, and rescusitate people in cardiac arrest, and deliver babies and more - but I'm just a bloody ambulance driver.

Ignorance really bothers me.
July 17, 2013 at 6:37PM     
mefor
like to think they're under stress, but they both sound nasty. Put'em out of your mind robin!! You are a hero. Tell that go stick that in their pieholes!!
July 17, 2013 at 6:40PM     
Robin, tell them next time they have an emergency, call a sanitation engineer! They just drive garbage trucks. Don't take it personally, if you can help it. We all know better. And when I have my heart attack, I will def call YOU.
July 17, 2013 at 6:43PM     
Robin W
And now I have to have a chat with my partner about changing attitudes. She's really being a bit of a bee with an itch.
July 17, 2013 at 6:52PM     
A bee with an itch! I love it!
July 17, 2013 at 6:56PM     
armygirl1987
Whew, just got home from the nail shop because my nail girl wasn't there and waited for her to response and she did not, the poor girl that was there ended up doing them but she had two other clients. The good thing is she did a really good job.
July 17, 2013 at 7:32PM     
armygirl1987
Think everyone went to sleep.
July 17, 2013 at 7:35PM     
Jayme H.
Just got back from the maiden voyage
July 17, 2013 at 7:43PM     
armygirl1987
Glad that you finally got your boat Jayme.
July 17, 2013 at 7:44PM     
Jayme H.
And, if I may add...launching & reloading a large boat in our swift current/river...is not for wimps! It was a bit of a sideshow for a moment or two!!
July 17, 2013 at 7:44PM     
armygirl1987
But you handled it girl.
July 17, 2013 at 7:51PM     
armygirl1987
Well Michele, made it home in time to allow myself enough time to put in my order. 2 Sakura euro sham, 2 lumbar and 1 ginger.
July 17, 2013 at 7:55PM     
kimdee24
@Robin -- sorry for the rude patients. What was your response to that? I'm not sure how I'd handle it. And sorry your partner is being pain too.

@Jayme -- Glad you're enjoying your new toy! Have fun!
July 17, 2013 at 7:56PM     
Well ladies, that's it for me. Talk at ya tomorrow! And where's STK been hiding these days?
July 17, 2013 at 8:00PM     
armygirl1987
Good night Bobbi
July 17, 2013 at 8:04PM     
Jayme H.
Thanks Kimdee...We nearly lost the damn boat in the current trying to reload it...it was quite a sight to behold...I finally told him to let the rope go and I pulled it around and aimed for the trailer...at one point we had it pretty much sideways on the trailer due to the strong current!
July 17, 2013 at 8:05PM     
Jayme H.
Sleep well Bobbi!!
July 17, 2013 at 8:05PM     
armygirl1987
Well, I only got the 2 euro sham and ginger square, the blue lumbar pattern was red.
July 17, 2013 at 8:19PM     
mefor
hi, which blue lumbar was red? Sorry, writing bills, groooooaaaann. Getting the house together. Boring stuff :(
July 17, 2013 at 8:32PM     
mefor
This one?
July 17, 2013 at 8:35PM   
mefor
What about these, still west elm.
July 17, 2013 at 8:40PM     
armygirl1987
Yes, read the description
July 17, 2013 at 8:41PM   
armygirl1987
I was also on pb they have a tool to make your own bed with items from their store, nice.
July 17, 2013 at 8:41PM     
mefor
Sorry my pic didn't load
July 17, 2013 at 8:44PM   
armygirl1987
How cool is that, now just need to add pillows
July 17, 2013 at 8:44PM   
armygirl1987
The paisley beds are so cool
July 17, 2013 at 8:46PM     
mefor
That's an orange red, check it out. Looks pretty close to the ginger. If you order if can you return it if you have to?
July 17, 2013 at 8:48PM   
mefor
Those pb ones are really pretty, nice building app.
July 17, 2013 at 8:48PM   
armygirl1987
I already ordered.....None that I ordered were clearance but instead regular sale.
July 17, 2013 at 8:50PM     
armygirl1987
No because they were clearance, no return did not want to take that chance.
July 17, 2013 at 8:51PM   
armygirl1987
What do you think, white still right.
July 17, 2013 at 8:52PM   
armygirl1987
You notice the floors and side tables are the lighter look that I am going for and the paint color.
July 17, 2013 at 8:53PM   
mefor
Hmmm
July 17, 2013 at 8:54PM   
armygirl1987
Well good night, the other pillows are new so can get those if need be, sure that we can find some lumbar pillows.
July 17, 2013 at 8:55PM   
armygirl1987
The blue is really pretty too
July 17, 2013 at 8:58PM     
mefor
Did you see the other pillows, lighter blue and the double birds.
July 17, 2013 at 9:01PM     
mefor
I still like the white, it's so bright clean and cheerful, look at how gorgeous those pintucks look with the Sakura and the ginger pillow and throw.
July 17, 2013 at 9:03PM     
armygirl1987
Yes, you think those will go, I could just get one, they free shipping. but no discount.
July 17, 2013 at 9:05PM   
mefor
Wish they had that tool on west elm.
July 17, 2013 at 9:05PM     
mefor
Which one? Plain or birds
July 17, 2013 at 9:06PM     
armygirl1987
I know right and was trying to do the white but somehow they do not have any paisley sheets.
July 17, 2013 at 9:07PM   
armygirl1987
Was thinking birds but think plain is better. You don't think we can find a blue lumbar somewhere else.
July 17, 2013 at 9:08PM   
mefor
I think we probably could, but these were a hood price and very cool looking. Let me put them together one more time
July 17, 2013 at 9:14PM   
mefor
Wrong pic
July 17, 2013 at 9:16PM     
armygirl1987
I think it looks good in my opinion. The branches on euro and bird kind of blend. where is roo for tie breaker.
July 17, 2013 at 9:18PM   
mefor
Yes, I like the delicacy of the branches and the birds. And the colors pop yet they are delicate at the same time. The wash of blue isn't overwhelming.
July 17, 2013 at 9:20PM     
mefor
Actually, I really love it :)
July 17, 2013 at 9:21PM     
armygirl1987
I think so too, ok, with free shipping it is okay so going to order and bedding is complete.
July 17, 2013 at 9:22PM     
armygirl1987
That euro sham is the bomb, it really ties everything in.
July 17, 2013 at 9:22PM     
armygirl1987
Well ordering it now.......
July 17, 2013 at 9:24PM     
mefor
Totally. School all day tomorrow?
July 17, 2013 at 9:24PM     
armygirl1987
Yes, intern from 8 to 12 and school till 8pm...Trying to finish up a presentation since I was stuck at the nail place. Will be an all-nighter.
July 17, 2013 at 9:26PM     
olldroo
Roo, is ploughing through over 300 posts here today - my day is half gone. Angela don't ever take on decorating Buckingham Palace!!!

Absolutely love the last images. They are definitely a keeper in my book. I love birds too, and they just add a lovely touch, especially with the blossoms. Are they on a lumbar??

The geometric print in the previous lot, is way too heavy and out of proportion to me.
July 17, 2013 at 9:26PM     
armygirl1987
Well order place for pillows. wow such hard workkkk....
July 17, 2013 at 9:27PM     
armygirl1987
Yes maam, you know that I cannot go to sleep without talking to you.
July 17, 2013 at 9:28PM     
mefor
Roo, that was a really close close up, for color purposes only. We have hit on the final one. Gorgeous pop of color on pristine white field. Nice room. Good luck with all nighter Angela!!
Morning roo :)
July 17, 2013 at 9:29PM     
olldroo
Just don't change your mind!!!!!!!!

I'm with michele, the more I look at it the more I love it.
July 17, 2013 at 9:31PM     
armygirl1987
Michele we did good, well you did most of the work and just said yes or no.
July 17, 2013 at 9:31PM     
armygirl1987
Roo-I had already ordered the two and just now ordered the bird. so no I cannot change my mind.
July 17, 2013 at 9:32PM     
olldroo
mforr - it is afternoon here now. I'm doing the white thing in my bedroom too with mostly green.
July 17, 2013 at 9:32PM     
mefor
Made the decision, that was the hard part :)
July 17, 2013 at 9:32PM     
armygirl1987
Glad that I did not get the first lumbar and woohoo the second one was much better.
July 17, 2013 at 9:33PM     
olldroo
Rats - I can't "like" Angela's comment 200 times, but I have it in writing.
July 17, 2013 at 9:33PM     
olldroo
Did you say the tiling was being done Friday?? That means we will see the full finished result on the weekend? Yes??
July 17, 2013 at 9:35PM     
mefor
Love green and white. I used green, white and bright navy blue in guest room at beach.
July 17, 2013 at 9:39PM     
armygirl1987
Well, sort of the bed is not being delivered until next Friday bcause you know furniture takes all day and I cannot miss school. The stuff that I just ordered wont be in until the 24th or 25th, so we looking at next weekend. Roo, I still have to get nightstands and accessories. .
July 17, 2013 at 9:39PM     
armygirl1987
Nice, Michele and love those night stands and lamps.
July 17, 2013 at 9:40PM     
armygirl1987
Is that chartreuse, have that in my daughters bathroom..
July 17, 2013 at 9:42PM     
mefor
There are two old dressers. One tall and skinny, the other shorter, wider with mirror on top, they will be painted SW parakeet, POW!!
July 17, 2013 at 9:45PM     
mefor
Thanks roo, I "ribboned" the lamp shades. Like my cool jellyfish?
July 17, 2013 at 9:46PM   
olldroo
mforr, the green in the pillow slip looks the exact green I am using and the colour my walls are painted. My doona cover is white, trimmed in the green with some embroidery in pinks and aqua so I am thinking of using some aqua with it too. Just have to find things, I get all the ideas but then can't buy what I want.

I like your lamps too, I don't know what to do about mine, they are a little small. The bases my mother bought for us when we first moved in here and I really love them, plus of course some sentiment, but today's trends are for things taller. Not stressing, I will get everything else done first and then think about it.
July 17, 2013 at 9:47PM     
mefor
Look at messy wires. They're fixed now, and the little mint glass starfish is gone, wrong color for room. Old pics.
July 17, 2013 at 9:47PM   
mefor
Can you use the ones you bought for lounge? Or not tall enough? I got those two at homegoods, they look a bit like sea urchins stacked
July 17, 2013 at 9:49PM     
armygirl1987
How do I save a powerpoint to jpeg to upload it.
July 17, 2013 at 9:52PM   
mefor
See my eyes spinning @@
I haven't got a clue
July 17, 2013 at 9:53PM     
armygirl1987
I was able to put them on a Microsoft powerpoint and now, wellllll.
July 17, 2013 at 9:54PM   
olldroo
Is the green a jellyfish? I thought it was a normal fish. The colour I used was called Birkit but looks pretty much the same as Parakeet except it won't photo properly for me. I did it in dd's room too but am using the fabric in the cushion for curtains and bed cover (when I make it), so the two rooms will look totally different.
July 17, 2013 at 9:55PM     
armygirl1987
Honey, I am out. Thanks a bunch hon. gonna go to work for real this time.
July 17, 2013 at 9:55PM     
armygirl1987
That is a very calming color I think Roo.
July 17, 2013 at 9:56PM     
mefor
Good girl Angela, work hard and do well, talk tomorrow. Great accomplishment, at internship and here too. :)
July 17, 2013 at 9:57PM     
mefor
Roo, the jellyfish is the giant canvas over the bed. It's through a uv light or filter, it's awesome
July 17, 2013 at 9:59PM   
olldroo
Never used Power Point sorry Angela.

mforr, the lounge room one would be too tall and wrong. I don't think they have any more at the shop anyway. I really want to keep mum's ones as I have absolutely nowhere else to put them. I have been looking around for possibly a bigger shade to see if that will work, but everything either has doodads and baubles hanging off it or comes in black, brown, red or a really cheap white white. I'm patient.
July 17, 2013 at 10:02PM   
olldroo
Oh DUH!!! I was trying to relate that to the bed cover, I thought you were very clever getting something that blended. Yes it is great especially having the green too.
July 17, 2013 at 10:04PM     
olldroo
Angela, I find the colour quite versatile. The bedroom I showed faces south so is a very cool room with not a lot of light the green is quite warm looking in there. My bedroom faces north and gets the sun all day in winter and is very bright in summer but it looks really clean and fresh in there and doesn't make the room hot.
July 17, 2013 at 10:08PM     
mefor
Post a pic of the lamps, bet we could think of something with this group. Even my ribbon idea on my sea urchin lamps could help a plain shade become more attractive. I used two widths of grosgrain ribbon, small on top, wider on bottom. You could find it to match the gorgeous Birkit color. :)
I'd better go to bed, I'm getting up in 4 1-2 hours, long drive through Pennsylvania. Good night Roo ;)
July 17, 2013 at 10:12PM     
olldroo
Been trying to find a photo I did post here once of the lamp but of course the batteries in both my iPod and camera have gone flat. I am rapt in the sea urchin bases, they so meet my beach theme I have happening, although I wasn't going for it so much in the bedroom.

Sleep tight, we will catch up tomorrow. Safe driving too.
July 17, 2013 at 10:15PM     
armygirl1987
Night Michele and Roo, off to bed just got finish with the presentation, thank God that I am a fast typist....
July 17, 2013 at 10:46PM     
Robin W
Hey all

Going to be taking a break from all things online for the next few weeks. I will be back once I get my ducks in a row. Play safe all!
July 18, 2013 at 1:34AM     
Robin, we'll miss you! Hope it's a very short few weeks! Take care of yourself, ok?
July 18, 2013 at 3:04AM     
DIAspoton
robin, gotta do what ya gotta do. we'll be right here when you want us.
July 18, 2013 at 4:29AM        Thanked by charleee
mefor
Hope everything s ok, robin. See you sooner than later I hope :)
July 18, 2013 at 4:40AM     
armygirl1987
Robin-we will miss you
July 18, 2013 at 4:43AM   
olldroo
Robin - all of the above from me too. Take care and stay well and I hope you can get your basement sorted.
July 18, 2013 at 6:16AM     
Jayme H.
Robin...that sucks! Was the patient's husband sober? People can get very nasty and it's so hard to not take it personally....But u don't have to be abused. I no longer will take abuse. Not long ago, a patient was yelling and swearing and I informed that patient I do not deserve to be yelled and sworn at and left the room...Funny thing, she stopped doing it. We have a hard enough job without being punching bags too.
July 18, 2013 at 6:44AM     
kimdee24
See you soon Robin. We will miss you, take care until then!
July 18, 2013 at 6:47AM     
armygirl1987
Is there a new discussion.
July 18, 2013 at 7:52AM   
mefor
Angela this was at homegoods
July 18, 2013 at 12:13PM     
mefor
Roo, don't you have an equivalent to homegoods over there?
July 18, 2013 at 12:14PM   
mefor
Roo this is close up of my lamp in guest room and another in master. The tassel is tiny wooden beads with shell and silver tiny fish at the bottom
July 18, 2013 at 12:17PM     
mefor
This is the bigger picture
July 18, 2013 at 12:18PM     
armygirl1987
I hope they have it at mine.
July 18, 2013 at 1:35PM     
mefor
I hope so too, great colors.
July 18, 2013 at 4:41PM     
OLLD 1/7
Morning ladies, hope I am doing this right but am going...
OLLD 7/7
Good morning OLLD's! Sorry I was gone yesterday but...
OLLD 6/17
Morning all! Am I first or did I miss another post?...
OLLD - 5/17
TGIF - Does it feel that way for you too?
OLLD 3/17
Good St. Patrick's Day morning! That was some discussion...
Kitchen back splash tiles
This kitchen is tiny and very dark with black cabinets,...
Need help picking a sunny yellow paint for retro kitchen
I have a Brady bunch kitchen. I am trying to select...
Monroe Bisque--what lighter color goes with it?
I've been agonizing over paint colors for our living...
I need help picking the right granite for my kitchen
We have painted, put M marble down and now I'm having...