Help! Can't find anywhere! Glass top wrought iron round table/chairs.
luckyjillJuly 17, 2013
Anyone know where I can find or how to even go about finding a round glass top table with wrought iron base, that is for a small space ? Like a bistro table. Say 36-40 inch diameter. (Not a pub table/ counter height table though.)

All the glass tables I am finding have huge seats (19x20), and will take up too much room in my sunroom.
I need like wrought iron ice cream chairs.?? Does that even exist??

Thanks in advance for any help!!! I am getting desperate!!!
0825sam
Does it need to actually be wrought iron or do you just want the look?
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 2:23PM
motownmom
Check wayfair.com, amazon.com. I was searching for a pedestal table for MONTHS for the nook I just created, but didn't want a glass top. What you are describing is basically a patio table, so I'd search for that rather than a kitchen table. Also, check Ikea. They have a lot of stuff outside the standard modernistic items that they are usually considered to have.
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 2:23PM
raineycarole
Check ebay for "ice cream parlor set" or look in used furniture stores. I got a table and 4 chairs in perfect condition for $65!
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 3:44PM
luckyjill
Thanks for the tips. No or doesn't have to be wrought iron, just the look. I want something that is sunroom-y but indoor furniture. That us why I figured glass. Open, airy., etc.
I have searched amazon, Walmart, sears, Macy's, way fair, etc..
I have found some pretty nice tables BUT the coordinating chairs are so large.. Taking up too much space and can't even push the chairs under the table. Hmmm
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 3:45PM
0825sam
Overstock has a lot of nice bistro and other metal chairs and restoration hardware recently had some cool modern looking chairs on sale which were pretty small in size. I would find a table you like and then shop around for complementary chairs.
The metal overstock chairs I am thinking of a tabouret brand.
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 4:04PM
suzanne_m
Another one. If you look at the bottom, there is suggestion for chairs to go with this 38 in. table:
http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Enterprises-Lucianna-Dining-withGlass/dp/B002KJH4NK/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_text_y
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 5:06PM
luckyjill
Thanks Suzanne! That is too funny... Those are the same three tables I keep coming back to!!! My hang up is the wide 'seat' of the chairs taking up space. I may just bite the bullet and hope I don't overcrowd my little 14x17 foot sunroom (as I am putting some wicker seating in there as well) .
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 8:16PM
suzanne_m
That is funny lukyjill! You probably saw the complete Lucianna Dinning but just in case you saw only the table and one chair, below is the table with the 4 chairs:
http://www.amazon.com/Lucianna-5-Piece-Dining-Set/dp/B003VRALQM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_4

Would like to help you on you floor plan and see if we can come up with ideas to put the dining set with the wicked chairs. Do you already have your wicked seating?
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 8:27PM
luckyjill
I would love suggestions on floor plan!! I am leaning towards these pieces for the wicker ..
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 1:41PM
suzanne_m
Can you post a draw of your space with measurements and location of doors and windows?
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 1:45PM
luckyjill
The chairs are swivel gliders . And the cushions are sort of a mustard color. The ' 'Wicker' is dark. Which is another reason I am on the hunt for an iron / dark table and chairs.
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 1:46PM
Scott Design, Inc.
Consider a rattan table with glass top and bamboo occasional chairs. They tend to be smaller than most chairs. Here is a link for you. http://www.bistroshoppe.com/IVG2/Y/ProductID-80751-.htm
Another source is Pier One.
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 2:00PM
luckyjill
Not sure if this will come thru or not but here is a pic of the sunroom plan and dimensions . Two walls are floor the ceiling windows, the third wall is our house which has a slider door from my kitchen opening to the sunroom, and the fourth wall is a slider door opening to a new outdoor deck. So that will sorta be a 'high traffic area' with kids going thru to the outside and dad with his BBQ stuff back and forth..

Sorta tight space.. ;) but I want it all!
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 2:01PM
suzanne_m
Yes, your picture is posted. The wicker set is really nice but it might be a bit too big. I will try to draw a furniture layout later tonight. What are the dimension of the wicker chairs, sofa and table?
    Bookmark   July 18, 2013 at 2:15PM
luckyjill
The dimensions of the wicker furniture is :
Glider dimensions: 31"W x 33"D x 36"H
Loveseat dimensions: 55"W x 34"D x 37"H
Sofa dimensions: 78"W x 34"D x 37"H
Coffee table dimensions: 26"W x 43"D x 22"H

I haven't purchased this yet, but I am really close-- the glider chairs are soooo comfy. :)
    Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 7:53AM
suzanne_m
luckyjill. I am out of town now and I am using my husband computer. I don't have the tools to draw a floor plan with his computer. I will be back Sunday. I will have a plan for you on Monday.

However, I have done some maths calculations with the furniture you would like to buy just to see if it were realistic. I calculated in squared inches every single piece of furniture based on their dimensions. For my calculations I use the 2 gliders, one love seat and the coffee table. I did not use the sofa. I also added the five pieces Lucianna dining set. The result is that just the furniture itself occupies 24% of your total space. That is without counting any inch to move around. So I really question if you can have all these pieces but I would have a better idea once I have the chance to draw a furniture layout.

Is there a way, you can eliminate some pieces of furniture? Maybe you should wait until I show you a furniture layout on Monday before ordering the wicker set. I must say that the wicker chairs are really tempting.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 8:15PM
luckyjill
Thanks Suzanne! You are super helpful!
That is my fear that there just isn't enough space in my Suberin to have both a comfy sitting area (loveseat and two gliders ) AND a table for playing cards, drinks, etc.
grr...
I will keep meditating on the wicker and table..
(I took my kids sidewalk chalk and drew out a 42 in circle and the dimensions of loveseat, etc where I 'think' they would go on the deck that is going to be demolished Monday. I should take a picture.
    Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:37PM
suzanne_m
Ok. I will check on Monday if I can come up with something.
    Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 1:45PM
suzanne_m
luckyjill, I drew a floor plan with the measurements you gave me and I find it is not as bad as I thought first.
The floor plan below has a scale of 3 in. per square.
I don't know if you are ok with the glider and coffee table about 9 in. from the window and the back of the gliders are about 9 in. as well.
I reserved 21 in. in front of the sofa and the gliders to walk around the coffee table.
I reserved 28 in. all around the 38 in. table for chairs.
You have around 38 in. to walk beside chair and love seat.

I think the furniture is a bit tight but still working. You may want to try with some of other furniture you have in your house. For example, place one chair at 38 in. from a sofa or something and see if walking in between is bothering you. You could also place your coffee table you have in your living room at 21 in. from the sofa and see if you feel enough space to walk between the coffee table and sofa.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 7:35PM
Dullea and Associates Inc.
Check with a local ironworking company. They can help you come up with a creative design.
    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:05PM
luckyjill
Wow!! Thanks! I NEVER would have thought to put the loveseat that way! Interesting. (The best view out of my sunroom would be the wall parallel to my house... ) But I may try this and see.
Also I think I ruled out the coffee table that matches this set. It is quite large and not cute.

I am more hopeful now that this furniture will work :)
    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:11PM
suzanne_m
luckyjill, I drew this floor plan with the dimensions of 14 ft x 17 ft. I put a 8 ft sliding door opening to your kitchen and I have done some guessing on your fourth wall. I put a 6 ft sliding glass door that is sticking out by 1 ft and has 3 ft of wall on each side. Let me know if my measurements are off.

Also, I was going to suggest that you get a smaller coffee table :). This will give you more space around the gliders.

Which wall do you have the best view: top, bottom, left or right?
    Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 8:31PM
suzanne_m
Luckyjill, are the arms of the chairs and sofa made of wrought iron or wicker?
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 8:08AM
suzanne_m
Another option with a smaller coffee table:
1 Like    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 8:12AM
suzanne_m
Here are 3 options. The first 2 are the same as above but I corrected the size of the table (I drew a 42 in. table but wrote 38 in.). I find an oval coffee table suits your space better than a rectangular one. The 3 floor plan have a 38 in. diam. dining table and I reserved 21 in. all around the coffee table for walking space. I think you might me able to get away with 18 in. in front of the sofa since you don't have to watch for the corner of the table when you walk. You should keep 21 in. in front of the gliders.
1 Like    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 9:04AM
luckyjill
Cool. Both great options! The dimensions you have are correct. The top wall is the slider into my house-- kitchen. The wall with the great view outside is the bottom one. The place where you have the dining table is sorta in front of where the slider door will open onto the new outside deck.

I like the idea of the oval coffee table! I wonder if its weird to use no coffee table at all and rather tiny side tables for a glass/whatnot.
I am going to buy the wicker pieces now.. And the arms are wicker - not wrought iron.
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 9:28AM
suzanne_m
I have been looking on internet for coffee table. If found one I think would be great because of its size but the price is not so great. Size is 22 x 34. Price is $576 in color: natural. You would probably need to cover the cushion too: http://www.frontgate.com/x/437148?SourceCode=ZZ081080&cm_mmc=Houzz-_-CPCProductFeed-_-NA-_-NA&mr:referralID=fde4e38c-f41b-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

Example of patio furniture without coffee table:

Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 11:12PM
suzanne_m
I forgot to mention that you can use the ottoman above as a coffee table if you put a try on it. Actually I think the set above without the coffee table is fine but I don't think you would get the same effect in your sunroom.

Also, I meant to ask you if you got the patio furniture. I am happy for you that you have enough space. I love gliders.
    Bookmark   July 23, 2013 at 11:27PM
luckyjill
That ottoman would be great ! Crazy price is right! :) Frontgate has nice but expensive stuff. I am going to be on the hunt for a similar but cheaper one.

Yes, I bought the loveseat and one glider (last one at store). Today I am off to a different city that has more at their store to buy another chair. :)

Style question: I wonder if I can mix match real wicker with the resin stuff. Ie: that ottoman is real wicker and my set is the woven resin. Hmm.
    Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 6:55AM
suzanne_m
luckyjill, IMO I would not mix the 2 types of wicker but I am not an expert and wish someone else can be give a more convinced answer either way.

I will do some more research in a few days but for now I have family coming over for a few days so I won't spend much time on the computer.
    Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 10:35AM
    Bookmark   July 24, 2013 at 10:08PM
Lawler Railing & Metal Design
We are a true custom metalwork and design shop. We can fabricate any iron design and ship it to you. Please contact me to discuss further or visit www.lawlerrailing.com.
    Bookmark   July 26, 2013 at 7:53AM
luckyjill
My wicker set is Dark brown.
    Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 1:03PM
Can I buy a 60" round table with 6 chairs for a 11' x 11' dining room?
If a 60" round table would be too big, would a 54"...
Lori
Feels like the room is missing something but I can't figure out what
This is my upstairs bonus room... It feels like the...
Rick
I can't make this living room work together!
Even my relatives are giving me a hard time about how...
gardenridge
How can I best mix the dining chairs at a round table?
I'm getting a 60" round, pedestal dining table....black...
teacher1995
How to make a skirted dining table look Bohemian and not formal?
Hi all, I live in a small apartment and have a glass-topped...
nycdiane
Need help with kitchen
We are building a house. My cabinet maker has just...
jstone20
Wallpaper Remove or Paint
Please share with me why you would not paint wallpaper...
Purposeful Interiors, LLC
wooden log on fungus/ rotting
hi i'm design up a wooden log wall for my live kitchen...
ashu101
Where can I find a matching chair?
I purchased this chair (with matching sofa) several...
jpsf49
Blue square sofa
Any suggestions how to make my living room bright and...
Mirjana Jevtovic