Different colored picture frames?
summgardner
Does anyone have experience hanging art, diplomas, photos, etc. with different colored wood frames and even different styles? Can it be done and still look good without changing them out or paintng all the same color? I would like to hang all in my home office but am thinking it would look too busy as somehave black, brown, metal, whhite colored frames. And what about mats? Do they all need to be the same color? Would be very expensive to change frames and mats.
Barbara Ann Holmes - Lintels & Lallies
Hi there, I have 13 years experience in art/framing installations. If you can submit a picture I could help you better...first step lay them on the floor like you want the on the wall. Try to create a balanced layout...(don't put all documents to get her or all same frame colors next to each other rather on opposite sides for balance.). Obviously selecting a cohesive element such as same frame or same matting can make things full proof, but you can also achieve a very "collected & unpredictable" look with different frames. If you have images of people, try to have them "looking in" towards the center of the grouping. Also it is important to hang all your images close so that they relate and connect to each other. I recently did a very eclectic installation, if u can dig up a picture ill post it for ya. Hope this helps!
   July 18, 2013 at 4:59AM
Barbara Ann Holmes - Lintels & Lallies
Not sure if you can see it, but the second image on the bottom shows the grouping-notice the diagonal placement of dark/silver frames. https://m.facebook.com/home.php?soft=jewel=2&__user=580167529#!/photo.php?fbid=555605867805402&id=207138865985439&set=a.208745899158069.58562.207138865985439&__user=580167529
   July 18, 2013 at 5:02AM
summgardner
Thanks, I will try to get a photo but will take some time. Can you post the electic one you did?
   July 18, 2013 at 5:06AM
Barbara Ann Holmes - Lintels & Lallies
Yes, I'm sorry that link isn't working. I will do my best to upload the image sometime later today.
   July 18, 2013 at 5:41AM
Barbara Ann Holmes - Lintels & Lallies
Let's see if this attachment will work...hope this gives you some inspiration - these are items from my client's travels a unique collection of drawings, paintings, tools etc.
   Thanked by summgardner    July 18, 2013 at 7:56AM
Exterior paint colors? Remove or paint brick?
We will be selling soon and want to paint our house...
Mid Century Modern--No Curb Appeal-Help!
We are purchasing this duplex from family and it's...
Master bedroom and bath needs an updating.
This is a master bed and bath in a 1948 home in bad...
House that looks like a box
I need help with the outside of this house. It reminds...