Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marc79

Great Room Paint Choices?

Marcie
10 years ago
I have Dark leather couches and a dark wood fireplace (2 story) and looking to repaint the room. Any color suggestions?

Comments (13)

• indianpatti
    10 years ago
    Great room! Could you post a bigger pic of your area rug? Don't want to suggest a color without seeing all the colors of the rug ...
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Here are some pictures, but as of right now, not sure if the rug is staying in the room. Looking into new carpet. Builder install a lower end carpet and it is not holding up well.
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Still in the process of the décor...lol ..but I was going to go with green for the accent color. Thanks!
  • PRO
    What's Inside Design Ltd.
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Without knowing anything about your likes/dislikes etc.....
    I'm just going to suggest a beautiful neutral for your space. I think BM's Ashley Grey HC-87 would be stunning! Because of your high ceilings and large windows, I think you can afford a wall colour with a little more depth!
    Have fun!
    Caroline :)
    Ashley Gray HC 87 by Benjamin Moore · More Info
    Marcie thanked What's Inside Design Ltd.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    P.S. Here's a room painted in that colour to help you visualize:
    Charming Manor · More Info
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much for your suggestion! I love neutral colors and will be exploring paints on sample boards. Yes, this room has a lot of natural light in it as well.
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Fyi, waiting on furniture to be delivered to fill in that empty space on the wall. Moving the TV to a Hooker entertainment unit.
  • parisgirl1970
    10 years ago
    You have such a beautiful home, and I love this room! The windows, the ceiling heights,so 'movie star-esque' The wow fireplace obviously, is the focal point. As much as I dislike leather couches (my cat has a leather sofa) your leather furniture is uber stunning!! Your rug doesn't do the room justice. Keep looking? As far as paint color I would try maybe an olive drab - or maybe a medium taupe-even a burnished gold--but not too dark b/c you have heavy dark furniture. You don't seem like a pink, or lavendar dude type. .
    Marcie thanked parisgirl1970
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much! I love this room too, trying to pull things together! I do agree the rug has to go! It was from my old house ..and using it ..just to use it .I guess. Any suggestions from paint swatches as a medium taupe??? Thank you for your suggestions and time!
    Marcie
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Lol! Hey Marcie,
    Actually taupe is the "new" way of saying greyge. A cross between grey and beige. The colour I suggested above is an example of a medium value taupe. :)
    Marcie thanked What's Inside Design Ltd.
  • Marcie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I love the new greyge!!!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I wish it was still called "greyge". Self-explanatory! :)