Kitchen wall color: does this work?
Linda Smith
I've struggled with choosing a color for my kitchen. I love my oak cabinets and want the wall color to compliment and bring out the wood in the cabinets. I don't want it to feel dark but do want it warm and cozy. Does this color work? Ignore the peachy-beige around the edges, hasn't been trimmed out yet. It started out with a match to Sherwin-Williams Garden Sage. Hated it. So I've adjusted and added some gold and toned down the green by adding red. I think this is it, but would like some fresh perspective.
Tammy Tate Kammerer
The thing is, if you like the color- it looks great! Seems like a color that would be easy to add vibrant accent colors too. Ie cranberry, turquoise, etc.. Enjoy your kitchen and trust your decision
1 Like   Thanked by Linda Smith    July 17, 2013 at 7:49PM
abbyjean
I think you just invented YOUR color! What fun to think you did that and what a story to tell visitors when they ask! I think you totally accomplished your goal and agree with Tammy that cranberry would be a wonderful accent color now.
1 Like   Thanked by Linda Smith    July 17, 2013 at 7:54PM
mcbriec
I think the color looks great.
1 Like   Thanked by Linda Smith    July 17, 2013 at 7:55PM
Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
agree, if you love the colour it works :-) It's warm without being too dark. I agree you could add some lovely accent colours in your art etc. Green, Autumn Red, Plum, Blue. Lots options.
1 Like   Thanked by Linda Smith    July 17, 2013 at 7:58PM
Linda Smith
Thanks! I'm not afraid to mix colors.. prefer it, actually. I can paint a swatch on the wall and make changes immediately. I did a LOT of mixing on this one.... no idea what color I ended up with, but I do like it. I will be accenting with red, not sure what else. This color is for the kitchen / nook / family room, all connected in an L-shape. The family room will have brown leather furniture.
0 Likes   July 17, 2013 at 8:19PM
abbyjean
It is truly YOUR home now! AND I admire how brave you are. Thanks for sharing!!!
1 Like   July 17, 2013 at 8:20PM
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Need urgent help Please
I have to choose a color for my living room, and i...
Foyer chest decor
Please help me think of items/colors to use on this...
Cabinet Hardware
I live in Seattle and am looking for affordable and...