Paint color for living room
Jenn
I am moving into a new home in a few weeks, so very excited. I would love recommendations on a living room paint color. I included pictures of the furniture pieces we decided on. The carpet in the living room will be changed to an "oakish" warm wood flooring. We are also removing built in molding/shelves that feels like its separating the area on the other side of the living room with wall of built ins.

I typically lean towards whites, grays, beige furniture but my husband has fallen in love with the cognac leather sectional.

Can I get away with a cooler light gray wall color with the warm sectional and new wood flooring??

Thanks in advance!!
Tammy Tate Kammerer
Yes to the gray! Also I suggest painting your glad fireplace black (there is special paint)
July 17, 2013 at 8:45PM   
bella_mar
i agree gray is very neutral color. so go for it. Go to paint store and bring home some paint chip samples to compare with the floor and sofa and pick one that complements both.
July 17, 2013 at 9:02PM   
zennifer
That thing you want to remove looks suspiciously like a header, with structural importance...has it been checked out to be save to remove?
July 17, 2013 at 9:49PM     
Jenn
Thank you for the suggestions thus far. Regarding the header question, one of the first things I am planning to do once I get the keys is to have someone take a look at it since we're not planning to do the work ourselves.

Now that you mention it, there absolutely could have been a wall there before that the previous owners removed. Up to this point I assumed it was cosmetic.
July 17, 2013 at 10:08PM   
BeyondFrames
May I suggest some warm grays that would complement nicely the cognac sofa and the flooring?
BM - Revere Pewter and BM Smokey Taupe http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/smokeytaupe

July 17, 2013 at 10:16PM   
sandybeaches247
Gray or bone color
July 17, 2013 at 11:41PM   
vanity mirrors above double sink and a window in between them
I want to redo my master bath this would include doing...
1925 Dark Wood Trim: To Keep or Not to Keep?
So we are buying a home, and usually design comes very...
Please help me with my lighting!
I know, duplicate post, but forgot to add pics and...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
Help!!! Biscuit or white fixtures in bathrooms.
Is using biscuit out. Should I stick with white? ...