S.O.B. (Student On Budget)
Carla
Hello, I'm a student from Puerto Rico looking for some fresh and budget-friendly ideas. I'm ecclectic. As an art student I'll definitely substitute the current frames with my work.

There aren't many windows since it's a basement (which I cannot remodel due to my budget...) It's a temporary space in which I'll reside in until I finish college, but I'd like to feel like I'm not living in a cave.

•Where can I get a nice slip-cover for my sofa? I'm trying to find one that fits.

•Yes or no to rugs?

•I can't invest much on the kitchen cabinets, what do you think?

•My living room/family/dining room is yellow, but it's difficult to see it in other colors aside from white. My landlord is picky. Any light paint color suggestions for the rooms?

•Also, know of any low-maintenance indoor plants that can survive without much sunshine?

*So 4 is the max of pictures I can post? Sad. *
Granite Grannies
What a great space for student living! Because basements tend to be dark, I think a bright beige will work well here. It will also compliment your white floor nicely (See example below). The color in this photo is Shaker Beige by Benjamin Moore. It is described as a light beige, like "milk in your coffee." I think rugs are a must when it comes to redecorating. They really warm up the space. What about a round rug for in front of the couch? The cabinets are fine. Again, they will look nice with this paint choice. Good luck with your redecorating!

2 Likes   July 18, 2013 at 11:18AM
Unravel Design
Try switching out kitchen cabinet pulls with satin nickel pulls to match kitchen faucet. It's inexpensive and will make a big difference. You can also try wall mounted planters to bring something to the back splash. See our photos for a better idea.
1 Like   July 18, 2013 at 11:31AM
carolins
You can add more pictures if you just do a comment under here and use the attach images button.
1 Like   July 18, 2013 at 12:16PM
Carla
Thank you! I'll make sure to come back with new photos later on.
   July 18, 2013 at 2:54PM
Height from T.O. countertop to B.O. cooktop hood?
Looks a bit higher than normal, but I very much like...
Office Chair on a Student Budget
I am an interior design student looking for a nice...
Need to design my new place on a VERY tight student budget!
Moving into a three bedroom, 1.5 bath, house with two...
S.O.S. - PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS 50's KITCHEN!!!
I would love to keep the look of the plantation house...
Help ! 3 solid oak vanities in new house!
Three bathroom in new house all with solid oak vanities....
Need help with the living room
I'm having trouble visualizing how my living room will...
Revamp of table
Purchased this side table from Pier One a few years...
Colour & design dilema
What would you change or add to this house to make...