Please help. mold in master bedroom
nadinelama
July 18, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So we moved to this old apartment that we renovated. We moved today but the master bedroom has an annoying smell like mold smell... we checked and saw that the new paint is starting to make like bubbles and peel from the wall above the floor's trim. also one tile was cracked we removed it and found mold...is there a solution? If perhaps we tile the bedroom's walls will it cover the mold odor and tackle the problem? I am worried as i have a baby that sleeps with us in the room and we need a fast solution. Ps: there is a master bathroom in the room but the mold is mostly on the a wall not connected to it. Thank you.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
Bring this to the attention of your landlord. He is responsible for providing a safe, code compliant environment for his/her tenants. He needs to open the wall and correct the situation. Mold is a big problem and it will cause respiratory issues for you and certainly for your baby.
July 18, 2013 at 1:08PM     
Kris
You cannot just cover this up. It is a sign of moisture coming from somewhere and the source must be found then the mold removed and the damaged drywall replaced. There is no compromise on this.
July 18, 2013 at 9:37PM     
nwduck
VERY temporarily, you could put regular liquid bleach in a spray bottle and spritz the wall. Ventilate the room. You need to find the source. Is this on a wall common to the exterior of the house? Basement, ground floor, or second floor? Near gutters/downspouts? A sprinkler system?
July 18, 2013 at 11:23PM