This room is absolutely gorgeous, can you advise on a tile pattern?
Carol Gordon Lewis
July 18, 2013 in Photo Questions
I am remodeling my master bath with a traditional look. The floor will be 16x16 tile on point. I am considering 16x24 tile in a subway pattern along the front of the tub, the wall behind the tub, and the shower wall. The contractor wants to use a different pattern above the accent line. Can you suggest anything? There are also 8x8, 8x16 tiles available.
MAK Studio
Hi Carol,

Thank you for the kind words.

My suggestion would be to keep the tile size for the tub apron the same as the floor. I like seeing the grout line of the floor align with the lines of the front of the tub. I think it looks visually cleaner. For the wall behind the tub, I would suggest just using the same size tile again but have your tiler cut it down to 8x16 or even 4x16. Often, this can be done upon your oder to have them cut back at the factory which will save costs. This way the grout lines will still align with the floor (even if the pattern is running bond, but you have a more interesting texture from the tiles being shorter in height.

Best of luck!

Michael
July 20, 2013 at 1:56PM   
Glass Tile Store
Great use of colors on this bathroom! I would have loves to see this incorporated as a backsplash http://www.glasstilestore.com/shop-by-colors-now/blue/nexus-cayman-blue-random-brick.html
July 30, 2013 at 9:18AM   
Bhavesh Shah
Hi

It's an amazing design. Can you advice on the floor tile type, color and make.

What is the size if the bathroom

Thanks and regards
December 25, 2013 at 5:34AM   
Over the toilet cabinet??? Good or bad design???
Over the toilet cabinet good or bad design? Is it out...
Help placing pictures!!
I have 3 delightful Norman Rockwell cartoons, all the...
Help - Exposed Brick Gone Wrong
Hello All - Today I finally had the courage to get...
Need to pick paint color by Monday!
Trying to decide on paint color for most of house....
Accent wall color - help please!
So courtesy some minor damage in the condo, we have...