Bathroom Woes!
dreamhome47
We just finished remodeling (painting and engineered wood floors from Lowes-surprisingly easy DIY!) a bedroom. But now we want to consider a redo of our 80's (box lights, faded wallpaper-colored with mascara by 1 of our 5 kids , brass hardware, carpet floors). Yes, carpet in the bathroom!! We're afraid to even consider tile floors as a DIY- we think it might be out of our league, but really dislike the carpet- ideas and encouragement welcome!!
Jeannie Nguyen
Hi! Do you have any photos of your bathroom to share?
July 24, 2013 at 11:48AM   
dreamhome47
Sure, it's quite embarrassing between the mascara walls and shower gel stained carpets....I guess it's just more motivation to get a plan so we can get started on a makeover!
July 24, 2013 at 9:04PM   
Sharon
Ok, so what is staying? Are you re-placing the tub & vanity or are you wanting to just do the floors & walls?
July 24, 2013 at 9:08PM   
dreamhome47
Definitely walls, floor, box lights, maybe fan, hardware- but not sure about the vanities. I don't necessarily love the cabinetry but do like the size of the tub and that the counter tops match it. Because of budget constraints at this time, I'm mostly wanting it to look decent.
July 24, 2013 at 9:25PM   
lnsail
One easy fix would be to use carpet tiles, maybe in a brown tone to match the color seen in your counters and tub surround. These allow you to replace any section that gets soiled. Vinyl tiles might also be easy to do.
July 24, 2013 at 10:26PM   
Tomorrow, rip out that carpet! The easiest and cost effective fix would be vinyl tiles in the largest size you can get. Lay on the diagonal for some style. I'd get maybe a travertine look tile. Then, in the center a nice round ottoman. Here is a bathroom with travertine on the diagonal and an ottoman. If you just did the vinyl tiles, it would look a whole lot better.

July 24, 2013 at 10:52PM   
BTW...I don't even mind the gold fixtures! Kinda cool looking. I'd just paint the box lighting a creamy white. Here's a cream/white/travertine sort of bathroom. Your bathroom could look this good with new floor and paint only...

July 24, 2013 at 10:57PM   
dldesignstudio
I agree with Darzy about ripping out carpet asap. But I would also takeout box lights. Feels heavy up top. Keep the tub, cabs, sinks and counter tops. Replace knobs and pulls.
July 24, 2013 at 11:09PM   
Cabinets To Go
Bathroom remodels are always a good time! If you happen to need a new bathroom vanity for your space, I'd suggest you enter our contest! Just click the link: http://www.cabinetstogo.com/Bathroom-Vanity-Contest.asp and vote for which vanity you want. Then you're entered to win that exact one...pretty easy! GOOD LUCK :)
July 25, 2013 at 8:38AM   
jucyc
Rip out that carpet and decide on flooring. That will drive your color scheme. And lots of paint..cheap and very effective
July 28, 2013 at 10:37AM   
creeser
Why not use the same engineered hardwood floors in there as you did with the bedroom?
July 28, 2013 at 10:46AM   
Small bathroom woes
Small bathroom needs updating
Bathroom layout woes
My husband and I bought a house that the interior was...
window treatment woes
The front wall in my living room has three windows...
L-shaped Living Room Woes
I have an L-shaped living room that I am having a ton...
Apartment Woes?
I have a serious space problem when it comes to my...
Keeping Floors Consistent Throughout Home
I am in the process of renovating a home I recently...
POLL: Which is your side of the bed?
People sometimes stake claims to their side of the...
Super small bed room
Super small space. excuse the mess. storage has been...
Cannot figure our the dining area
It is a living room kitchen diner, what is the best...