Wornout Master Bath Needs TLC Facelift . . . . help!
vdaranda
If you were over 20 years old and used multiple times daily, you'd be looking for a TLC facelift too. Ready to re-enter this new high tech world with sparkling new finishes and smiles on our faces. Also need some ADA features to ensure longevity for my owners safety and enjoyment. I am the Reno, NV Aranda's Master Bath and I need a TLC facelift!!! P.S. I'm next door to their laundry room too.
Kipnis Architecture + Planning
Clever writing! ADA is mainstream now. There are many things to think about when planning an ADA space. Although it is a bit hard to determine from the picture, it seems like there is some room in the bathroom to turn in a wheel chair. A 5'-0" turning radius is ideal. It appears that the existing counter top has leg room underneath for ease to pull in with a wheelchair. I am not sure the extent of a facelift that is in the budget. The counter height should be a maximum height of 34". If the counterheight works, and the cabinets are desired to remain, then the cabinet under the sink could be modified by a carpenter to include a 'knock out' panel at the floor and have the cabinets open fully to move underneath it with a wheel chair. If the carpenter is still there, ask about adding blocking in the wall near the toilet and shower for grab bars. All the major toilet fixture and accessory companies make very attractive residential grab bars and toilets. Check out Kohler and Moen to start!
0 Likes   October 10, 2013 at 9:48AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Kipnis is right about the cabinetry and the grab bars.........another element is the door. you'll want at least 32" opening for a wheelchair or a walker. Add an ADA height toilet and a curbless shower and you've got it made. I would also recommend a wall mounted pull down ADA compliant seat with grab bars in the shower.
0 Likes   October 10, 2013 at 10:00AM
Budget My Build
Kipnis Architecture + Planning seems very knowledgeable.
Here are a couple blogs that may help you if you need some ideas for your bathroom facelift. http://budgetmybuild.co/remodeling/home-remodeling-types-bathroom-fixtures/ http://budgetmybuild.co/design-ideas/hinges-knobs-enhance-home-improvement/
0 Likes   October 10, 2013 at 10:07AM
suzanne_m
I rotated your pictures.
0 Likes   October 10, 2013 at 10:54AM
Our master bath needs so TLC along with our laundry space!
Our master bathroom has a standing shower that feels...
Our master bath needs some TLC along with our laundry space!
Need help with giving my Master Bedroom a facelift!
I want to give our master bedroom a facelift. I would...
Need help master bath layout - coverting tandem room to master bath
Help I need layout suggestions! I have attached a...
need help on my tile height in guest bath/main bath and master bath
We are building our house and got estimates on tile...
Need help with furniture layout in apartment living room
I live in a wierd shaped apartment and the living room...
Need a facelift for better curb appeal
The interior is awesome, exterior is lacking. This...
Century Home: To Sand or to remove paint splatters?
This is our first used home and BOY is it used! It's...
Need Help with my Front Walkway
Need help with walkway. We are power washing front...
english cottage
bottom line-I want to live in an english cottage. And...