I'm tired and I need a makeover
Aj DeYoung
I have a 34 year old mobile home that needs updating badly and no one ever does makeovers for mobilehomes, have a ocean view in north county San Diego,Ca
Jeannie Nguyen
Hi Aj! I love San Diego, used to live there for 2.5 years. :) Do you have a photo of your space to share? What would you like to update about your home?
July 19, 2013 at 1:31pm   
delilahsmom
I just purchased a mobilehome in Desert Hot Springs. The excitement over actually owning something, is slightly diminished by the overwhelming desire to change so many things inside without spending alot of money. The dark paneling is something I'm debating about painting. The Kitchen could do with updating from yellow laminate counters, the orangey-brown floors and the lighting. Landscaping is also something I want to, but is very overwhelming. The one thing I'd like to do first is "privatize" the side porch. I've had so many idea from this website alone, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
August 26, 2013 at 6:59pm   
Allison Burnfield McAteer
We are doing our home on a diy/free budget as well. Congrats. Here are a few tips we have learned along the way.
1) Make list of everything that truely needs done and budget for those.
2) Live in the house as long as you can bare before expensive changes. You will learn how you use the space and what you wish was different. We have lived in our home five years and we are just starting to get to the decorating stage b/c unexpected repairs. In lots of ways I'm glad bc the plan I had for the kitchen when I moved in is not the plan I have now.
3) Lots of stuff can be "updated" cheaply if you are willing to learn some basic diy skills and look for bargains. Paint is cheap makes a huge visual impact. also craigslist, habitat for humanity, freecycle, neighbors, garage sales, thrift stores, are excellent places for house stuff. (I got child's dress at the curb. One drawer need fixed with two nails. I got to mark it of my list for free.) My neighbor moved in down the street and didn't want her electric cooktop and now I have a new electric cooktop!
4) I go over my list frequently, sometimes I add new projects to it (front step repaired just got added this summer but other things I change my mind about or decide I really can wait on.
August 26, 2013 at 7:35pm     
Curt D'Onofrio
studio10001, thanks for the web links for mobile home owners.
December 4, 2013 at 6:34am     
Seeking HELP with Furniture Layout
I am building a new Waterfront Summer Home. Lot set...
Tile Sealant Stained Tile Yellow!!!
We had our shower floor tiled in pebbles earlier this...
Need suggestions with the blank space above bookshelves
We have tall (10') ceilings in our family room and...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...