Rehabbing a 1920 Victorian from scratch - in the "before" stage
savery422
July 19, 2013 in Before & After
We bought a 1920 Victorian Farmhouse on Dividing Creek in a community near Annapolis, Maryland. It was vacant for awhile, and it needs a lot of work, but it has a lot of charm. Right now we all share one bathroom - a 1950s add-on that is pretty ugly. We do our laundry in the basement - you have to duck under temporary wires and air returns. I am dreaming of a period-inspired bath and laundry but with modern appliances.
Your house is Gothic Revival. Follow this link:

July 19, 2013 at 12:17pm        Thanked by savery422
schulzc532
Your house is super cute! Nice to know there are a bunch of us fools out here willing to fix up these old beauties. ;-)
July 24, 2013 at 6:01pm     
Molly
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to following your home's transformation.
We just purchased a gutted 1900 vernacular beauty in Tampa - let the adventure begin!
July 25, 2013 at 5:14am     
Cabinets To Go
How exciting! If you happen to need a new bathroom vanity for your space, I'd suggest you enter our contest! Just click the link: http://www.cabinetstogo.com/Bathroom-Vanity-Contest.asp and vote for which vanity you want. Then you're entered to win that exact one...pretty easy! GOOD LUCK :)
July 25, 2013 at 8:05am      Thanked by savery422
Al Fortunato Furnituremaker
Congratulations. I hope you have a great experience bringing this home back to life and resurrecting its character. So many historic houses have been destroyed by upgrades from unknowing homeowners. Take your time and do it right.
July 25, 2013 at 8:16am      Thanked by savery422
savery422
Tried to enter using Google Chrome and Explorer - nothing happened when I clicked the submit button. The cabinets are nice, though.
July 25, 2013 at 8:21am   
Through the Woods Fine Wood Floors, Inc.
I highly recommend Jane Powell's books, especially Bungalow Kitchens & Bungalow Bathrooms. While you do not have a bungalow, these books will provide you with all the information that you need to create period inspired rooms.

I wonder if this home was not built earlier than 1920. Have you done any research on it? Often, properties are listed in the tax records many years after they are built. If you have any preservation or historic organizations in your town, you might want to contact them. They can also assist you local resources for research & for local tradespeople.

My website has some good resources. Visit my site map to find them. I have attached before & after photos of my 1907 Victorian in Tampa.
August 7, 2013 at 1:49am     
New Exterior of A 1920 Victorian Home
Here is the newly renovation of the entire exterior...
1920's pantry, before
We got this 1920's pantry for FREE and intend to use...
Before & After Victorian Kitchen
Just realized that I never posted before and after...
Staged Bedrooms, Before and After
Here are a few before and after shots of bedrooms I've...
second floor patio flooring
Hi, I live in a second floor condo. It has a covered...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Exterior update
What can we do to spruce up the exterior of this house?...
HELP!!! WOOD-LOOKING TILE!
We found this picture online and we're hoping someone...
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...