Gray tile. Enough said.
jenbr323
My master bath as well as the kitchen came with drab grey tile. The shower is the smallest shower I have ever been in. The bathroom walls have a fake stucco kind of finish. Weird. Fortunately, it is a good sized room. Houzz and Lowes, come on in!!
Ed
Hi jen, photos, please.
   July 20, 2013 at 6:24AM
jenbr323
Here they are.
   July 20, 2013 at 8:10PM
You could gussy this up without winning a contest!
2 Likes   July 20, 2013 at 8:14PM
wench7
Okay this depends on a) how long before you plan on remodeling, and b) how much you want to spend. So, if a total gut job is not in the game plan for a few years . Here goes ; the sink and tub appear to be off white so paint the walls off white over the stucco, ( it will have to be skim coat over someday, or removed altogether and new dry wall ) paint the cabinets the same off white and put new hardware on . These are things you can do yourself without spending a fortune, of course this is assuming you will be remodeling in a few years. Personally the entire bath is a gut someday, but you just want it to be tolerable for now.
   July 21, 2013 at 9:01AM
sashik
The good thing about grey is that you can mix it with so many colors. If you decide to paint your cabinets, say a grey similar to the tub, then you can use an accent color for lighting, or accessories, that you like. Try searching Houzz bathrooms with key words "grey, pop". There are so many. Here is an example

July 21, 2013 at 9:09AM
sashik
And one more with the cabinet providing the color

July 21, 2013 at 9:11AM
jenbr323
Those are some nice ideas, & beautiful pics. I need all of the ideas I can get, thank you!!
   July 21, 2013 at 12:13PM
sashik
Jenbr323, another easy thing to do would be to change the handles and hardware that is gold, with stainless steel/nickel. I think gray looks much better with that than with gold.

What is in the area behind the tub? Can you post a photo? and also a photo from the wall looking at the door.
   July 22, 2013 at 3:31AM
Glass Tile Store
I'd paint the cabinets and the walls white so the bathroom looks bigger and the tiles, if you can afford the change.
   July 30, 2013 at 8:25AM
Is a ledge on the front of the fireplace outdated? ..and pot shelves?
My builder has his own way of doing things the way...
What should I do with my great room fireplace wall?
We are currently in the middle of constructing our...
need help for florring
Renovating my house. need advice for florring. i should...
Open Shelving Design for Kitchen
I'm installing stainless steel style open shelving...